Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

Joystick manage comming from SteelBeasts Sim

Hello.

I never decided to ask for this, as I saw the tank crew addon as an alpha so maybe was possible to implement in future, but as new DD came, the sim is almost complete and there is no change. 

It is impossible for me to use the turret with the joystick, and I would like to as an VR user.

The manage of the turret it is done with the controls in the view head area. I had to put an Shift+mouse X and Y because the mouse X and Y would make movements in the head while I am in planes. 

I desired to see an implementation of turret management in the tank area which is not, so please, could you add the horizontal and vertical movement of the turrent to be able to map into a joystick and not be used by the "head movement also? adding the joystick to that head movement control would make odd things while moving the joystick to control the pitch and roll of a plane.

In SteelBeast it is perfect. The joystick control is perfect. When there is servo controlled you can use the joystick, but when the servo fails you can tap continously on arrow keys to turn the turret.

I wish you could add a turret axis feature in controls. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2019 at 7:29 PM, Japo32 said:

Hello.

I never decided to ask for this, as I saw the tank crew addon as an alpha so maybe was possible to implement in future, but as new DD came, the sim is almost complete and there is no change. 

It is impossible for me to use the turret with the joystick, and I would like to as an VR user.

The manage of the turret it is done with the controls in the view head area. I had to put an Shift+mouse X and Y because the mouse X and Y would make movements in the head while I am in planes. 

I desired to see an implementation of turret management in the tank area which is not, so please, could you add the horizontal and vertical movement of the turrent to be able to map into a joystick and not be used by the "head movement also? adding the joystick to that head movement control would make odd things while moving the joystick to control the pitch and roll of a plane.

In SteelBeast it is perfect. The joystick control is perfect. When there is servo controlled you can use the joystick, but when the servo fails you can tap continously on arrow keys to turn the turret.

I wish you could add a turret axis feature in controls. Thanks!

I agree with all of this, and I think  many of the other players do as well.  So I have seen  the Joy to Key,   etc.  I actually use it for some functions.  THe problem I have is I cannot get it to recognize my rudder., which I want to use to slew the turret.  I  have different things set up for flying as well.  So basically in game, if I want to switch to ground   or plane, then I have to exit the game, load up a diff profile, and restart.  

All of the above is annoying,  and alot of it is besides the main point.  A customer should not have to buy third party software to run joysticks, simulating a mouse to play a game  The game should have these features, at a minimum

1) All moving controls mappable to a joystick axis.  I want to control the turret with rudder pedals,  configurable, within the game, not some other company's 3rd party software.   Now imagine,  if the inability to map  an Aircraft's  rudder, to your rudder pedals  was happening  or many other controls etc.,  how long does anyone here think it would take for a glaring error like this to be fixed ?    What if  aircraft aileron and rudder control  was  mouse driven, and there was no ability to change this to a joystick without using 3rd Party software ?  Would this  remain so for how long ?   The game would probably  be shunned by flight simmers, and rightfully so as other flight sims had thismor realistic ability.  Perhaps that is happening to Tank Crew  as we speak ?

Ability to remove/add the Mouse as the control device for the Turret, Gun, Commander scanning,  etc etc..  The Player needs the absolute ability to decide what to use, be it keyboard, joystick/throttle/rudder,  mouse,  or some head tracking device suck as TIR,  etc, or VR goggles   as they see fit.

2)The game desperately needs to have  a feature added,  a "Switch" in the software,  so that if a person joins a server, and spawns in an Aircraft, it uses the key-mapping saved for aircraft.

If the person spawns in a Tank  , then a switch in the software uses the settings for a tank.  If the person sees a need for air support, etc then they should be able to switch to an aircraft again, and have those key-mapped settings applied once they have spawned into an aircraft.   This should not be difficult to implement,  it's simply the difference between a controls profile for Air or Ground.

• Upvote 1