HagarTheHorrible

As of the next update.......

........FC will be feature complete.

Do you think FC will continue to evolve, along with BoX,  I don't necessarily mean, will there be an FC 2, Instead, will background improvements continue to be added/made that might only be pertinent to FC and not necessarily to the whole BoX stable ?

I would certainly hope so, otherwise FC is going to become the runt of the litter very quickly.  It already is in comparison to WW2 fliers.

I'm pretty sad there's not going to be any balloons.  It's so strange flying up and down the front without any observers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Donik said:

I'm pretty sad there's not going to be any balloons.  It's so strange flying up and down the front without any observers.

Why??

EDIT: oh, geez, no ballons on this next update 😂😂😂

Edited by SeaW0lf

I read somewhere that RoF didn't even have balloons in the beginning.

Everyone likes to compare FC and RoF like RoF was complete on day one with everything available right now when that wasn't the case. 

Edited by US103_Talbot
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

........FC will be feature complete.

Do you think FC will continue to evolve, along with BoX,  I don't necessarily mean, will there be an FC 2, Instead, will background improvements continue to be added/made that might only be pertinent to FC and not necessarily to the whole BoX stable ?

I'd be amazed if FC is left bare bones.

it might take time but it'll likely get fleshed out.

as to FC only changes? perhaps. I envisage the devs adding stuff that can work or be tweaked in other scenarios.

look at Tank Commander. huge swathes of non plane gubbins!

patience is key! :)

8 hours ago, US103_Talbot said:

Everyone likes to compare FC and RoF like RoF was complete on day one with everything available right now when that wasn't the case. 

That was RoF's biggest impediment, which is now FC's too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, J3Hetzer said:

That was RoF's biggest impediment, which is now FC's too.

🤷‍♂️

16 hours ago, Donik said:

I would certainly hope so, otherwise FC is going to become the runt of the litter very quickly.  It already is in comparison to WW2 fliers.

Curious: Where was this stated?

11 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

I think he means just for this update. It has to be.

16 hours ago, Donik said:

15 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

It wasn't stated that there would be no balloons, but also it wasn't stated there would be balloons.

Quote "Flying Circus has its scenery finished - our partners from Yugra Media have finished the development of the ground vehicles and artillery and the Amiens cathedral. Please note that AI-controlled ground objects both for Flying Circus and Bodenplatte (Allied ones) are made at the next level of detail, previously unseen in the series. With this content added, Flying Circus is now complete as it was planned and announced." Unquote.

My interpretation of that is, sadly, is that we will not get Balloons with FC.  They may however be incorporated with FC2 which I hope they announce soon and all of the assets that come with FC2 I would assume will be available to all FC owners as well once it is released just like BoX improvements are.

• Haha 1

Seriously? they can't leave it like that. How are people going to crate missions? Just insane. Have anyone tried to contact them? This has to be turned official so we can position ourselves.

3 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

I don't think this thread was intended to address facts;  the OP was clearly inviting uninformed speculation, which I don't think should be indulged.

3 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

At the moment it's by omission. There's no balloons in the last dev update or the ones before it showing the ground vehicles that Ugra Media was doing. There's still a chance that they will squeak in at the last moment but we haven't seen them yet and they haven't been mentioned.

That said, one of the hypothetical scenarios I see is that a Vol 2 is launched and early in development we see the balloons make an appearance and be immediately applicable to Vol 1.

33 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

I don't think this thread was intended to address facts;  the OP was clearly inviting uninformed speculation, which I don't think should be indulged.

That’s really rather cynical of you 😏.  

If an FC 2 was considered by the Dev’s would it be OK to market a module that focused on, alongside the aircraft, additional “content” over and above or rather than a new map ?

P.S.   Most subject matter, that fills these forums, is “uninformed speculation”.  We love it, it’s why we keep coming back, for the latest bit of gossip.  😁

1 minute ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

That’s really rather cynical of you 😏.  

If an FC 2 was considered by the Dev’s would it be OK to market a module that focused on, alongside the aircraft, additional “content” over and above or rather than a new map ?

P.S.   Most subject matter, that fills these forums, is “uninformed speculation”.  We love it, it’s why we keep coming back, for the latest bit of gossip.  😁

We do love to gossip 😄

I think the extent of which we see improvements to Flying Circus will depend on what it is and if there's a Vol 2. If there's no Vol 2 and Flying Circus is as is (I kind of doubt this but going with the hypothetical) we'll still see it gain improvements along with the rest of the core engine. New clouds or better AI or whatever else that is core to the sim will be inherited. If there is a Vol 2 then I can see specific Flying Circus content get improvements.

Just the fact that they called it Vol 1 gives me hope that they have a Vol 2, 3 and 4 planned and that those will help fill gaps and add features.

Just now, SpekTater said:

This clearly shows a balloon...….have not seen false advertising from them yet so I am not worried about it.😊

balloon (2).jpg

Yes, I do hope so. Balloons are not an improvement to be considered for the future; they are an integral part of the map, just like WWI flak, no man's land, the airfields, cities and everything else that it entails.

Plus we now have the confirmation that the module poster has a balloon in it 😂 (sigh)

Just now, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Guys there are balloons for sure 😉

13703512?$PDP_VIEWER_IMAGE$

Don't spill the beans! This could have been a 10 pager for sure!  🤣

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Guys there are balloons for sure 😉

13703512?$PDP_VIEWER_IMAGE$

Balloon flight model appears to have problems.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, US103_Talbot said:

I refuse to buy this game until there are balloons.

....and tinsel, it’s got to have tinsel !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

Yes, I do hope so. Balloons are not an improvement to be considered for the future; they are an integral part of the map, just like WWI flak, no man's land, the airfields, cities and everything else that it entails.

Plus we now have the confirmation that the module poster has a balloon in it 😂 (sigh)

To reiterate what I said in another thread, at the time FC was released WW1 balloons were available in the mission editor. They could be selected and placed into a map. They had  substantially the same appearance as in RoF.  In the current release, the 'Aerostats' button offers no options and my map that included them just shows a balloon icon in their place.

I cannot speculate as to why.

You guys are talking like FC2 is a given, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut their loses and put FC on "indefinite" hold. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Tycoon said:

You guys are talking like FC2 is a given, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut their loses and put FC on "indefinite" hold. 

I don't think anyone is saying that. Almost everything said in this thread is speaking to the hypothetical.

Without knowing the financial situation or the internal and external pressures on that decision there's no way for us to guess. We'll have to sit tight and wait to see what happens.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, US103_Talbot said:

I refuse to buy this game until there are balloons.

Why, you can always shoot down parachutes.;)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

To reiterate what I said in another thread, at the time FC was released WW1 balloons were available in the mission editor. They could be selected and placed into a map. They had  substantially the same appearance as in RoF.  In the current release, the 'Aerostats' button offers no options and my map that included them just shows a balloon icon in their place.

They were on a server one time and used to simulate NML. You could not shoot them down and you could fly right through them. They looked like ww2 balloons with no gondola attached, just tethered.

3 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

My opinion is that they cannot officially release the map without balloons. So I think the ME tells us little about it.

4 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

My opinion is that they cannot officially release the map without balloons. 

Narrator:  They can.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Narrator:  They can.

Car Park Attendant:  I can't see it happenin' mate.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

Prostitute: I'm getting screwed.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

Narrator:  there is no car park attendant on the dev team.

A glimmer of hope,as FC is mentioned along with other products in the post Jason responds to?   It sounds like what is meant is that FC and other products are considered finished enough for official release, but will continue to receive some attention and improvememt, as has been the past practice beginning with RoF and continued with the BoX and iL2 lines. Fingers crossed!

• Thanks 1

"Flying Circus is now complete as it was planned and announced."

I'm not sure this is a positive statement..

• Upvote 1

In this tiny niche market, we can't have everything. Either a fleshed out WW1 campaign/objects or a sim flight engine like DCS with anemic content. If you want both, then it has to be left open for modders like First Eagles.

• I meant for the next update. @SeaW0lf
  • I'm not comparing FC to RoF by any means. @US103_Talbot
  • I was just hopeful for balloons in FC v1 is all.
  • Upvote 1

On 11/2/2019 at 10:58 AM, HiIIBiIIy said:

It wasn't stated that there would be no balloons, but also it wasn't stated there would be balloons.

There is one in the Box Art for FC. For me that's enough.

screenshot.jpg

This module was intended as a experiment to sample weather a lot of people would be interested in FC. Which in my opinion is dumb for a couple reasons.

One, why buy FC for full price when you can get into RoF for less, and have more content? More maps, balloons, A career, and more planes.

And second, I'm pretty sure not a lot of people were interested in Il-2 when it was just Battle of Stalingrad. The more content you have for something, the more people will become interested in it.

I love the idea of having all of Rise of Flights content in Il-2GB. The updated quality with the WWI content is wonderful. But consciously limiting what goes into it, like not including the observation balloons into it, really annoys me. Because your leaving out one of the few things that made RoF unique. And the less things unique about Flying Circus there is, the less reason there is to invest in it.

Edited by Motherbrain
  • Upvote 4

I think the data to be gained from FC is not: are people interested in WWI? But rather, how popular is a title heavily focused on fighter vs fighter combat with a minimum of additional options?