dog1

taking off with bomb load BF110

hi

i'm unable to get the plane off before the end of the runway with any bomb load . What is the correct set up to do that ?    

Generally this happenes if the prop pitch is nit st 100%. As the engine managenent is automatic. I imagine there is a small chance you set manual prop pitch. 

Otherwise try on a concrerte runway first. 50 % fuel. Max throttle and a bit of flaps once rolling.

Then try on grass strips that have more drag.  Add fuel and see how it goes

i tried 60% fuel load but no changes at all , prop RPM is automatic . something wrong but i dont know what . engine reaches 2500 rpm before rolling but rolling is very sluggish . at the end of the runway i'm at 100 kph , half off what i should reach .

Edited by dog1

whats an e-brake ? im having exactly the same issue with the E7 250kg bomb loaded . speed sticks to 100 KPH . RPM wont go over 2200  why is that ?

Edited by dog1

There is no parking brake. 

I took off with no problems. I would suggest your brake control settings. the 110 has left right brakes. If they are on rudder pedals you may find you need a deadzone to give a bit of slack in the setting.

Do you hear a sound like breaks rubbing

• Upvote 1

Finally some results . I created a dead zone of 20% on the low side for both brakes and deleted default combined brakes all together . I then gave it a go at 40% flaps and full throttle going into boost mode with both brakes on before release . this time it did take off with full bomb load . I think with short runways and full load it can be tricky . I was online  on a runway outside Moscow and it had a very long runway this time . Appreciate your perseverance , thanks .

Edited by dog1

Great. I would say use less flaps and accellerate more to get speed. Because the flap will give lift but the speed will be low making it wallow around. 

Wait till they introduce carrier ops. Then you will know all about short take off with heavy loaded aircraft 😂

• Upvote 1

ok i will try less flaps to get a lift while improving  speed . Since the dead zone  brake adjustment i have not missed one full load take off .

The best way to use flaps when taking off on a short runway is to keep them up until the very last second before you lift off of the ground; that way the drag won't slow you down at all as you accelerate, and you still get the benefit of the flaps for when you take off.