Jump to content

Next Theater Announcement Date


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

I wouldn't say Normandy and MTO are the only logical expansions after Bodenplatte if PTO is still a no go. The devs can also do something like Finland, an early/late Eastern front battle, or just focus their efforts on TC/FC as well as adding some new collector planes.

Another eastern front expansion? I'd hate to see that right now. I'm tired of Russia vs Axis, give me more American/British vs Axis or go to the Pacific but DO NOT go back east right now.

I really do not like the eastern front air war, the ground war in the east is the only interesting thing.

10 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

While not wishing to engage in too much tea-leaf reading, I think there may be hints as to the Dev's future plans (or at least, to them keeping their options open) in their latest choice of collector planes. We know that there is a demand for e.g. mid-to-late-war aircraft like razorback P-47s and P-51s, along with the Mosquito etc, and the most logical reason not to offer them as collectors would seem to be to keep them back for a new western Europe or Mediterranean scenario. Not saying that this will come next (still hoping for the Pacific as my first choice) but it is worth consideration.

Agreed. Pacific is my hope but another Western front scenario wouldn't disappoint either.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it is a given that they know where they are going -- and we aren't going to change it now, regardless. There can be solid arguments made for many possible theaters. Just these speculation threads tend to bring out a lot of needless animosity between some posters. What will be will be at this point - just hoping everyone can stay cordial toward one another :)

 

...as to the delay (if you can call it that) as to an official announcement - my instinct is telling me it has more to do with FC and TC. I believe Jason would probably like to make a big announcement as to the future direction of all series at once - and my gut tells me that one, at least, is still very much in the air/to-be-determined still. (or possibly that they decided to make a cut and don't want that to impact current sales - is another possiblity)

Edited by Redwo1f
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Italy invasion and later wouldn't step in CloD's lineup  (earlier Malta/North Africa scenario, then they will return to post 1940 Channel in theory). And it would be the best alterntative to the Pacific. They can develop carrier mechanics there, give much wanted earlier P-38/P-47, later P-40s, later Italian fighters, etc, everyone wins.

I still think we are getting the Pacific anyway, the flags and mission editor Japan faction is enough evidence.

 

Yes, I think it will be the pacific next but if not then the invasion of Italy in some form would make a great deal of sense.  

 

I really, really want to fly from a carrier in VR😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

 

Yes, I think it will be the pacific next but if not then the invasion of Italy in some form would make a great deal of sense.  

 

I really, really want to fly from a carrier in VR😎

Taking off and landing from a carrier in itself would be great, I couldn't imagine it in VR. I don't have VR yet but I plan on getting it after upgrading my PC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Spanish Civil war, early war scenario, Blitzkrieg may 1940. They already  have part of the map for an invasion into the Lowlands and France. Personally I’m hoping for Pacific first. Pearl Harbor, Corral Sea, Midway as one release and New Guinea, Island hopping to Japan as a second or maybe two releases. Whatever they do next, I’m cool with it. Just happy to expand the flyable plane set. I have no clue how big the user base is and what needs to be done to keep it financially feasible. As far as more WW1 content is concerned, offer bonus aircraft and see what the intrest is. I was really surprised when I saw the initial plane set. All the aircraft most are familiar  with and no “crap” planes. A few early scouts and recon aircraft would be nice to round things out though.

 

If I look at how I’ve used Il2 1946 in the past and BoS so far,  I’d be happy with a few Pacific Island maps with carriers and appropriate aircraft. 90% of my flying is offline quick mission builder flights. The other 10% is online furballs. I don’t have the time for long career modes. 

 

Team Fusion’s work is appreciated but if their non VR work is going to prevent a future VR BoB or Africa theatre from the Il2 crew I’d be disappointed. The cutting edge in flight simulation is VR. Not going to financially support anything that’s not pointing in that direction. Not out of spite, mind you. I have CLoD but have not played it since BoS added VR, same with RoF. Once you go VR there’s no going back, Oculus Rift CV1 lower resolution  warts and all. 

 

When should they announce the next theatre? When it damn well pleases them!😄

Edited by BigC208
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redwo1f said:

Well, it is a given that they know where they are going -- and we aren't going to change it now, regardless. There can be solid arguments made for many possible theaters. Just these speculation threads tend to bring out a lot of needless animosity between some posters. What will be will be at this point - just hoping everyone can stay cordial toward one another :)

 

...as to the delay (if you can call it that) as to an official announcement - my instinct is telling me it has more to do with FC and TC. I believe Jason would probably like to make a big announcement as to the future direction of all series at once - and my gut tells me that one, at least, is still very much in the air/to-be-determined still.

As I saw on TC announcement, it could be an combination of tanks and air ops

17 minutes ago, Eisenfaustus said:

I fear we are a minority and thus it wouldn't be wise to base a business model upon us - but I'd love that to. 

 

Would love Spain 1938 as well...

Of course I would love Battle of France 1940, but I guess it would not be a go for it 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The game engine itself rules out Battle of Britain, it cannot support that amount of aircraft all at once in the same place, Pacific carrier battles I think the same, too many aircraft and anti aircraft guns all together at the same time mean it would bring many missions to their knees.;)

 

Remember, this sim it seems is mainly about close support, no large aircraft formations.

 

That in itself does not rule out any particular theater per se, however, it does limit things a little, so think smaller in scale when you post your wish list.

 

What can the sim actually deliver?

 

Only the development team knows the answer to that but I am sure it gives them sleepless nights.:lol:

 

Anyway, it should not be long now before we are given a vision of the way forward, whether we like it or not remains to be seen.:)

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Missionbug said:

The game engine itself rules out Battle of Britain, it cannot support that amount of aircraft all at once in the same place, Pacific carrier battles I think the same, too many aircraft and anti aircraft guns all together at the same time mean it would bring many missions to their knees.;)

 

Remember, this sim it seems is mainly about close support, no large aircraft formations.

 

That in itself does not rule out any particular theater per se, however, it does limit things a little, so think smaller in scale when you post your wish list.

 

What can the sim actually deliver?

 

Only the development team knows the answer to that but I am sure it gives them sleepless nights.:lol:

 

Anyway, it should not be long now before we are given a vision of the way forward, whether we like it or not remains to be seen.:)

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Time for a new game engine?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CDRSEABEE said:

Time for a new game engine?

Or major overhaul of the existing one. This inability to support 4-engined aircraft or very large number of bombers has to be fixed. Otherwise it'll be same thing again and again with only change in decorations.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

Or major overhaul of the existing one. This inability to support 4-engined aircraft or very large number of bombers has to be fixed. Otherwise it'll be same thing again and again with only change in decorations.

And more ground targets/units.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the next logical step, based on already available resorces, would be Sicily/Italy 1943/44, but I still hope we'll go to the PTO (preferably New Guinea or Guadalcanal, and not some duck shooting late scenario).

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DD_fruitbat said:

If it isn't somewhere in the pto, Italy would be my preference, has it ever been done officially before. 

 

Don't really understand the desire for d day, a completely one sided operation air wise.

 

D-Day on the day of the operation was but after that there was PLENTY of aerial combat.

 

Another reason why I want D-Day... Typhoon (and I think they can squeak a Me410 in there).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

 

 

This was a great share! I was really keen on a North African scenario and it is areal disappointment that "Team Fusion" has staked its claim on it. As I said previously, it would tie in nicely with Tank Crew. 

 

It is pretty clear the pacific if not up next is in development. To paraphrase, "the team knows a lot about the eastern front and they know lot about the pacific."  

 

4 hours ago, Eisenfaustus said:

I fear we are a minority and thus it wouldn't be wise to base a business model upon us - but I'd love that to. 

 

Would love Spain 1938 as well...

 

No, you are not alone. It would be cool to see French Planes. The SCW would be an interesting alternative. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

 

D-Day on the day of the operation was but after that there was PLENTY of aerial combat.

 

Another reason why I want D-Day... Typhoon (and I think they can squeak a Me410 in there).

 

Yep. I still think a 3/44 - 9/44 expansion would be perfect for this game. Plenty of tactical combat and the ideal complement to the late war BoBP scenario.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sevenless said:

 

Yep. I still think a 3/44 - 9/44 expansion would be perfect for this game. Plenty of tactical combat and the ideal complement to the late war BoBP scenario.

Agreed. From a singelplayer perspective it makes perfect sense due to the tie in with Bodenplatte. I'm ok if we dont see it for a few years while the Pacific is fleshed out, but I just hope we see it eventually.

Edited by Legioneod
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

 

 

 

- Another "obstacle" that's been brought up for the development of a Pacific campaign has been lack of documentation for some of the Japanese aircraft.  While it's understandable and laudable that the dev team is committed to accuracy, at the end of the day it just means that they have the freedom of "artistic license" to make their best guess.  I can think of few who would be more qualified.  Of course someone will always want to challenge that, but they'll have the same difficulty finding supporting documentation.  So requesting the user base here to provide anything now or forever hold their peace, while not an ideal option, is at least a reasonable and defensible approach that should make any reasonable customer understand and enable the developers to move forward comfortably.  Which is what we all want, I think. 

 

completely agree with the 'best guess' approach being feasible and acceptable for japanese planes. IL-2 1946 did a good enough job with them and it would be a shame to miss out

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

I'm ok if we dont see it for a few years while the Pacific is fleshed out, but I just hope we see it eventually.

 

I am actually most interested to learn what and how they plan to model the pacific. I know it won´t be "Aces of the Pacific 2.0", but I hope for some very iconic gameplay elemets here. Taking a Kuban like map and filling it with IJN and USN planes is not sufficient, IMHO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sevenless said:

 

I am actually most interested to learn what and how they plan to model the pacific. I know it won´t be "Aces of the Pacific 2.0", but I hope for some very iconic gameplay elemets here. Taking a Kuban like map and filling it with IJN and USN planes is not sufficient, IMHO.

I'd like to see a good mix of carrier based content as well as island based like the Solomons or New Guinea. I don't just want one or the other, we need both to get a decent pacific scenario.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After 3 Eastern Front titles, it'd be nice to have just one more Western Europe title before moving on. Something 1943 with Razorbacks and Typhoons would be fantastic. After that, I'd be happy with anything (PTO please). 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see smaller maps, these can give more detail.

wake island and Pearl Harbor could be done well.

you could do these with no carriers,wake island would not need a lot off anything,

just a few planes to defend,quite a few japanese bombers,but could be done so even lower end PCs could manage,and still get a good experience,

pearl harbour could be done but would be a much bigger challenge for the devs,but I think it could be possible,

also Malta would be another that could be done well,ie you would need a lot off German bombers to make it realistic ( hence the problem with this engine with lots planes in the sky )

stalingrad in quick missions,with it bombed out look,the same could be done with Malta and we could have a very fun and realistic interesting next scenario there

so my hope is small maps, 

malta, wake island , or to a lesser hope pearl harbour

Link to post
Share on other sites

Small maps for lower end pc's on the one hand and Carrier ops with hundreds of planes on the other? Personally I hope it can be all of it ... More map details, bigger maps and many more planes, bombers, ships etc. But it would mean 1c would only target high end pc users and I don't believe they will take that risk financially!? I am prepared to get the highest config to be able to enjoy such a demanding sim, but are most other people ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

And i don't think they're going for another early eastern front scenario. Would be stupid to release the hurricane as collector plane instead of making it to a core part of an expansion like finland.

How would that be stupid? Hurricane mk2 was not really used by fins, they had like 3 of them and 0 during winter war. If anything, then they would add hurricane mk1 for finland expansion. Still numbers of hurricanes in finland airforce were so low it does not make any sense to add them as core plane. There is much more planes that fit finland than hurricane.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Wolzow said:

Battle of Berlin! British, American and Russia vs. Germany on one Map. 😍

Why not. This can be a transition BOB  but only if we have B24 and B16 flying fortresses (flyable) and the full city of Berlin, with Flack towers, Tramway lines, and dense railway network, and also Bus vehicles, and a set of block objects to represent various types of piles of city rubble. Flaming and destroyed buildings is good but without the piles of rubble it is just too clean.

I would also add as new firefighting vehicle that instead of guns has water spraying capability. If we want to simulate large city fires and destruction we need all this.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, who cares. I don't understand how someone can write "i hate..." 

 

With each Theater we've Got great New maps, each is very different and additionaly a new and nice planeset. 

 

The BOS planes are a great base and a good start for a great series. 

The BOM planeset is very unique. 

BOK has a great New map, New clouds appeared and the skins of the oder planes are reworked into 4K

BOB has a new Western allied planeset with late german planes. 

 

Everything is unique and very nicely done, each Part of this great battle series. 

 

Salut to the developers and thank you for your great work. 

 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

For me, the next instalment has to be set in the Asiatic-Pacific Theatre - even if it continues the tedious focus on the Pacific Ocean Areas (btw: there was no "PTO").
Is this ever-popular "Pacific = naval stuff"-thingy going to play out in this game? Who knows, but at least they stay true to their commitment. This is what I care about.
Maybe they even take heart and do the favourable Papua New Guinea 1942/43 campaign. Maybe not. I'm convinced it is doable.
 
Japan being listed in the mission editor is nice, but so are Italy, Austria-Hungary and the Russian Empire. Only an official announcement will tell - and it's going to be telling.

Ive read several times the icons in the QMB are old artifact graphic files and they arent an hint or unintentional giveaway. At all.

For better or worse.

And sure there was a PTO.  Where did the Battle of Midway happen?  PTO is just a name to denote operations against one foe versus the other.  Sure there may be better or more proper names for it but it exists because when you say it people know what youre on about :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...