sinned

Next Theater Announcement Date

Honestly, y'all think they will make an announcement anytime soon? They just released three titles. They want people jacked up about that, not the next title. I think the earliest is next month. It might be tied to an announcement and the Christmas sale. (it would be nice if they did a nice sale for the collector planes like Steam had sooner. 

16 minutes ago, IV./JG51-Lanze_vonHaltung said:

I think the earliest is next month.

Agreed. 2nd week of december. Unlikely that before that date something happens with regard to announcing future plans.

December 6th 😄

Probably early in the morning , under the radar as big suprise :)

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

December sounds about right... next title is revealed with pre-order details.

This month (Nov) details and pre-order for collectors aircraft... Be sure!

To me it does not matter. I feel we are in the beginning of fully enjoying the new maps. 
when the bright heads of this community get sorted. We will have massive fun both online and sp

2 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

December 6th 😄

Probably early in the morning , under the radar as big suprise :)

That is independence Day of Finland, winter war confirmed?😁

• Like 1

Just now, henri290 said:

Works for me, bring it on.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

At this point, if Pacific will not be the next, there could be a multiple choice:

-East Germany 45 ( with late russian planes).

-Normandy 44.

-ITALY 43-44.

2 hours ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Gib Pacific, F4F vs A6M! 🤗

Not much of a contest pure 1 vs. 1 though.

5 minutes ago, Redwo1f said:

Not much of a contest pure 1 vs. 1 though.

Depends on the pilot and starting situation imo. Zero is superior in most ways but still has drawbacks.

Just now, Legioneod said:

Depends on the pilot and starting situation imo. Zero is superior in most ways but still has drawbacks.

Agreed, first part is a truism for pretty much all. Everything being equal though, F4F vs Zero on a strict 1v1 , the F4F is at a pretty serious disadvantage. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Legioneod said:

Well - to be fair the only way the Wildcats wins is lucky head-on, or starting from above and blowing through.

All things being equal, it's an easy fight if you're on the Zero - like a cat with a toy.

I'm someone who enjoys that aspect of the relationship online.

I'm perfectly happy taking off in a Wildcat, flying for a while, spotting a flight of Zero's below, blowing through with my .50's, maybe I score maybe I don't....fly home and land.

I also love being on the other side of that fight...basically nothing beats Zero vs Wildcat in my book. There's just nothing like it.

2 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

I also love being on the other side of that fight...basically nothing beats Zero vs Wildcat in my book. There's just nothing like it.

Yes, diving to make a single pass and then running home sounds awesome.

1 minute ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Yes, diving to make a single pass and then running home sounds awesome.

Thank you for telling Gambit what his idea of fun should be, I’m sure he appreciates it :salute:

2 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Thank you for telling Gambit what his idea of fun should be, I’m sure he appreciates it :salute:

I didn’t tell him anything.  I’m agreeing that making a single pass and running home sounds awesome.  That’s an odd, but very telling assumption for you to make.

Also, he put me on ignore, so he won’t read this.  😉

Edited by BraveSirRobin

43 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Well - to be fair the only way the Wildcats wins is lucky head-on, or starting from above and blowing through.

All things being equal, it's an easy fight if you're on the Zero - like a cat with a toy.

I'm perfectly happy taking off in a Wildcat, flying for a while, spotting a flight of Zero's below, blowing through with my .50's, maybe I score maybe I don't....fly home and land.

Agreed. Only real advantage the Wildcat has is it's durability/self sealing tanks, and it's dive but thats about it imo. When flown with friends the wildcat can certainly be deadly but the zero does have the upper hand.

Edited by Legioneod

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I didn’t tell him anything.  I’m agreeing that making a single pass and running home sounds awesome.  That’s an odd, but very telling assumption for you to make.

Also, he put me on ignore, so he won’t read this.  😉

TBH, it came across as patronizing without knowing the history. 

2 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Also, he put me on ignore, so he won’t read this.  

Dont mean to be a smartass , but he can read the quotes 😬

2 hours ago, IV./JG51-Lanze_vonHaltung said:

TBH, it came across as patronizing without knowing the history. 

Because you don't think that making 1 pass and running for home sounds awesome?  I hope you change your mind, because that's probably what we're getting next.

1 hour ago, No.322_LuseKofte said:

Dont mean to be a smartass , but he can read the quotes 😬

You saw the winking emoji, right?

9 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I wonder how the new pilot physiology would effect a Player in a zero.  

The speeds of early fights should be low enough to not be as harsh. it will nullify some of the zeros raw turn though. 

15 hours ago, henri290 said:

Talvisota and Jatkasota is instabuy for me.
Plus Brewster Buffalo en Fokker (being Dutch) instabuy too.
That being said, a '39/'40 campaign with a) Finnish theater and battle of the Low Countries + France with Fokker G1 and various Frenchie planes, Wellington bomber, Hurricane fighter, MS fighters (for France ánd Finlandland) would be instabuy>

Fingers crossed/Wishful thinking.

13 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

not to bag on the game in its current state, but it seems like full missions from carriers would take a fairly long time. It looks like the F4Fs could fly for 6+ hours with droptanks. I think in SP this would require some more optimization of the time acceleration, but in MP if missions can be made where the carriers can be placed anywhere, then the distances dont matter much. 

I'm an avid fan of the PTO, but i'm just spitballing some thoughts out here. 

P.S. I hope they give us an "Extra easy mode" for carrier landings for pilots with skill levels equivalent to mine 😄

12 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I wonder how the new pilot physiology would effect a Player in a zero.  

Probably in a similar way to how it effects the Spitfire......

17 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Agreed. Only real advantage the Wildcat has is it's durability/self sealing tanks, and it's dive but thats about it imo. When flown with friends the wildcat can certainly be deadly but the zero does have the upper hand.

Used well it's an important one.  You have to be flying as a team.  Cooperation has to be top notch. You have to hope that the zero makes a mistake by sticking with its target rather than making passes and resetting.  At a minimum the combination of durability and teamwork makes the zeroes life much harder.

On 11/10/2019 at 5:07 PM, IV./JG51-Lanze_vonHaltung said:

Honestly, y'all think they will make an announcement anytime soon? They just released three titles. They want people jacked up about that, not the next title. I think the earliest is next month. It might be tied to an announcement and the Christmas sale. (it would be nice if they did a nice sale for the collector planes like Steam had sooner. 

Yes, I thought that after BoBP release announcement Jason Williams will come out and tell us. Why, because he did the same when Kuban was released, he came out and explained why PTO is not next. BoBP release means that PTO crowd demands answers and Jason knows it. It will not quiet down because as much as I personally dislike PTO, the majority of PTO crowd bought BoBP in good faith, waiting for PTO being next.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac_Messer said:

Yes, I thought that after BoBP release announcement Jason Williams will come out and tell us. Why, because he did the same when Kuban was released, he came out and explained why PTO is not next. BoBP release means that PTO crowd demands answers and Jason knows it. It will not quiet down because as much as I personally dislike PTO, the majority of PTO crowd bought BoBP in good faith, waiting for PTO being next.

I like this idea of buying something you don't like on the condition that something you do like gets made. Then getting upset afterwards when it turns out things don't work like this and you are living in fantasy land.

The only obligation they have is to give you what you paid for. Anyone who thinks the devs have some obligation to give them PTO because they reluctantly bought bobp is incredibly naive.

Let's turn it around though, I personally bought bobp with the implicit understanding that the series would stay on the western front for 3 expansions, and I'll be severely upset if PTO is made anytime soon. So what now.

2 minutes ago, stalled said:

I really don't care what's next. I'm sure what ever it is will be great and I'll pre order as soon as possible. What I don't like is waiting so let's hear it already :)

Neither do I unless it's KOREA :(

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, =RvE=Windmills said:

Let's turn it around though, I personally bought bobp with the implicit understanding that the series would stay on the western front for 3 expansions, and I'll be severely upset if PTO is made anytime soon. So what now.

The difference is that the Pacific anticipation is based on actual statements by the developer rather than implicit understandings. No plans for multiple Western European products were ever announced, while Pacific intentions were explained explicitly.

Of course, you're absolutely correct that buying a product doesn't give you rights to dictate future expansions as if it's some sort of contract. However, players can form their own opinions about the direction of the series and make purchases accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, stalled said:

I'm seriously happy with anything. The devs haven't let us down yet. If I was a betting man though Im guessing it'll be a map using the new tech they made for bobp using the "city construction kit" so probably Europe still

^ Let's hope so...
I've bought everything so far, but Korea is no-go for me.
Have plenty of them jets in DCS.

• Upvote 1

Me too ... I do care and have a wish, but whatever comes ... I'll buy into it.

BoBP was more and better than I could have wished for, the same goes for TC and FC.

[PTO would be great of course, but not keeping my ...] 

17 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Really it's little different from flying P-40 on the eastern front. Fortunately most fights aren't 1 on 1s, and there's plenty of options when you come in with energy in a fight already in progress.

52 minutes ago, Mac_Messer said:

Well since the early window announcement (like they did with Kuban) has come and gone, it in all likelihood will be at least a month or more for several reasons, one being they would like the focus to be on the just released BoBP (and the FC1, etc) and two, I don't think future is finalized for the other two products at this point in time (for example, although they explicitly stated they have a desire to make a FC2 (if sales are enough on FC1), I think they are still very much in a wait-and-see before they decide to forge onward or not) - and I do think they would like to make one big GRAND announcement regarding future of all their products, imho.

Edited by Redwo1f

Me, personally...

I'm betting it's going to be a Normandy/Western Europe map from May 1943 (roughly the start of serious offensive air operations out of England) to July 1944 (roughly the end of the very immediate post D-Day support in the greater Normandy area and the move of many units to forward tactical airfields in France). 

Of course I could be very wrong, but I'd rather see the BOX team do that than waiting for some imaginary day in 2032 when the CLOD team manage to get to the Normandy area again 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Used well it's an important one.  You have to be flying as a team.  Cooperation has to be top notch. You have to hope that the zero makes a mistake by sticking with its target rather than making passes and resetting.  At a minimum the combination of durability and teamwork makes the zeroes life much harder.

I took on a squad alone in a Zero back in 46.

My one Zeke against 4 Corsairs...waxed em all.

I wish I still had that track or a movie of it.

Of course they were making it easy for me...staying low, slow, fighting my fight.

If they'd have worked together, gained some altitude and kept speed I wouldn't have had a chance...(or maybe I'd have killed only 1 of them :)  )

2 minutes ago, 357th_Dog said:

Normandy/Western Europe map

I would really like that !

Would really improve the European theatre.

The B25 (flyable) and other not yet introduced intresting assets would complete the IL-2 European experience.

But of course ... wait and see.