HarleyDavidson

Anyone using TACVIEW with IL2 BoX?

Hey,

Just wondered if anyone was using tacview?  I have it and wanted to know how to get it running with IL2... Cheers

I don't use it but I know many people do - Requiem uses it in his Dogfight Debriefs videos.. But I believe it is not possible to run it and Il-2 at the same time. I think you can use Tacview to view track files.

Yeah, I use it all the time. You need to enable tacview recording in the config tho.

27 minutes ago, Leon_Portier said:

Yeah, I use it all the time. You need to enable tacview recording in the config tho.

How did you do this?.....  Oh and thanks guys

36 minutes ago, HarleyDavidson said:

.How did you do this?.....  Oh and thanks guys

Open 'Startup.cfg'  and add 'tacviewrecord = 1' to the end of the track_record section.

[KEY = track_record]
    fx_sound = 2
    record_graphics_effect = 1
    record_ground_vehicles = 1
    tacviewrecord = 1
[END]

• Thanks 1

@HarleyDavidson I followed a guide for that, essentialy there is a file called startup.cfg in the data directory in the IL2 installation.

In there you´ll find a lot of variables, those are the games options including the ones you set in the menues ingame.

One of those is called "tacviewrecord" and it will be 0 usually, change the 0 to a 1 and save. Dont forget to make a backup before you do!

Edit: then everytime you use the ingame recorder by pressing its button, it will record a tacview file for you too!

Edited by Leon_Portier
  • Thanks 1

Its been a while, but I also seem to recall you need to manually download the IL-2 maps from the Tacview website, otherwise it will just show things over generic terrain.

2 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

Its been a while, but I also seem to recall you need to manually download the IL-2 maps from the Tacview website, otherwise it will just show things over generic terrain.

Really?  I never knew that was an option.

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Really?  I never knew that was an option.

That one was a big help when people were using it for "alternative uses".

On 10/31/2019 at 11:24 AM, SeaSerpent said:

That's the old version. The current version comes with the maps reinstalled - all but the new Rhine map. 

The create server option from the MP tab-page has a “TacView record” option as have the hosting *.sds files to feed the Dserver.
So it's a server MP option.
Edited by West