Rheinland jagged water

I agree. The best thing about this map are the cities, maybe they could fix this at least around those. This map is like 3 times bigger than Kuban and has so much rivers, fixing it manually would take years. I remember they talked about the process of making the map and parts of it being made procedurally, so that's probably why it looks like this.

• Upvote 1

Well, it's still propagated as early access. So I really hope they will fix these issues and particularly work on the optimization of this map.

There are a lot of people with beefy rigs (newest Intel chips and top notch GPUs) who actually cannot run the map without hiccups. And

I don't want to think about all the others with mid-high range rigs.

As long as BOBP is early access we can still hope for some (massive) improvement.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -=-THERION said:

Well, it's still propagated as early access. So I really hope they will fix these issues and particularly work on the optimization of this map.

There are a lot of people with beefy rigs (newest Intel chips and top notch GPUs) who actually cannot run the map without hiccups. And

I don't want to think about all the others with mid-high range rigs.

As long as BOBP is early access we can still hope for some (massive) improvement.

I hope but wouldn't count on it. Kuban was in early access too when they released the map and it was fine. Early acces doesn't necessarily mean the map isn't finished, they ussualy release plane or a feature (physiology, visibility etc.) once it's done. I'm afraid there's not gonna be much of an improvement here, but I really hope I'm wrong. Personally I'd rather have smaller, more detailed map with more varying textures, than huge map with the same 3x3km texture square and weird looking rivers.

• Upvote 3
24 minutes ago, Ouky1991 said:

I hope but wouldn't count on it. Kuban was in early access too when they released the map and it was fine. Early acces doesn't necessarily mean the map isn't finished, they ussualy release plane or a feature (physiology, visibility etc.) once it's done. I'm afraid there's not gonna be much of an improvement here, but I really hope I'm wrong. Personally I'd rather have smaller, more detailed map with more varying textures, than huge map with the same 3x3km texture square and weird looking rivers.

To have a more detailed map like f.ex. the Prokhorovka map will resolve any issues mentioned above, but increase the performance requirements of the hardware, which again will

lead to performance problems like we have now - even on top notch high end rigs.

And the Kuban map when released had also some issues and was optimized and improved afterwards. So, I think they are very well aware of the issues with the Rhineland map.

Just to ignore them, because it's been released yet, would be utterly silly and a bad business model.

I don't expect to run the game on the highest (ultra all) settings with my mediocre system, that's absolutely clear. But when I see some poor guys with a GTX 2080 GPU forced to

run the game on low preset only to have it somewhat smooth? Seriously, there is really something wrong and there is a lot of room for improvement.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

I don't expect to run the game on the highest (ultra all) settings with my mediocre system, that's absolutely clear. But when I see some poor guys with a GTX 2080 GPU forced to

run the game on low preset only to have it somewhat smooth? Seriously, there is really something wrong and there is a lot of room for improvement.

What, the game runs fine on good hardware. It seems there was a drop in performance with the patch but I'm still completely fine with 90fps on ultra with a 2070.

Someone running the game on low with a 2080 is nonsense, unless his cpu is 8 years old.

Just now, =RvE=Windmills said:

Someone running the game on low with a 2080 is nonsense, unless his cpu is 8 years old.

Have a look on one of those "multiplayer stutter complaint" topics and you will see.

I don't care for some weird river banks or 100% historical accuracy, not everything has to be perfect but optimization on new map would be welcome....there are stutters over the cities and in MP is even worse!

I7 6700k 4.5ghz 2070super

In short i hope with next expansion game engine will get performance improvements to sustain smoother flight over cities and with greater number of AI units.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

I don't care for some weird river banks or 100% historical accuracy, not everything has to be perfect but optimization on new map would be welcome....there are stutters over the cities and in MP is even worse!

I7 6700k 4.5ghz 2070super

In short i hope with next expansion game engine will get performance improvements to sustain smoother flight over cities and with greater number of AI units.

There's a couple threads for MP stutters and SP stutters that Jason set up to try and diagnose and solve the issue(s). If you have time, try and run some tests and post your info there. It seems like a lot of people have no stutters whatsoever at high settings, and others are having to run at low on beefy rigs. I get some stutters but nothing terrible, but people with better rigs get worse performance than me. I have a feeling there is something going on other than maps not being optimized. 

2 hours ago, Oyster_KAI said:

Jagged shoreline and "placeholder" textures are temporary

Says who? You or your cristal ball? Dev. already stated that "with time,resources & money" and blabla this is the best they can archived.

So, for me it sounds like the Map is more or less finish. A few minor corrections there and there in one of the next patches and the 2 extra seasons ofc, but yes the map is close to finish. Hopefully I´m wrong here.

2 hours ago, Oyster_KAI said:

...will done their work good.

LooL

Rhein-Ruhr Industrial areas completely missig, Coastline not well modeled, overall missing farms, villages, missing objects all over the map, Rhein river empty like an chemical contaminated river from the ´80 here in germany..and so on, and so on. (I didn´t want to start with the texture work et all, thats another sad story)

Sorry, but I´m really disappointed how the map looks and feel. Tbh: I didn´t expect Ortho like looking western europe, but the map in this current state is more a product of fantasy and has little to do with how it looks in Germany, Holland, Belgium etc. not today, and not back in 1944/45.

Edited by Semor76
  • Upvote 5
2 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Rhein-Ruhr Industrial areas completely missig, Coastline not well modeled, overall missing farms, villages, missing objects all over the map, Rhein river empty like an chemical contaminated river from the ´80 here in germany..and so on, and so on. (I didn´t want to start with the texture work et all, thats another sad story)

Sorry, but I´m really disappointed how the map looks and feel. Tbh: I didn´t expect Ortho like looking western europe, but the map in this current state is more a product of fantasy and has little to do with how it looks in Germany, Holland, Belgium etc. not today, and not back in 1944/45.

So true.

I don't want to start over again but remember the other Rheinland/Rhineland thread? Most of the participants critizing the map are from The Netherlands and Germany.

Not without a reason of course. It has hardly anything to do with Northwestern Europe.

To save me a lot of annoyance I just don't play this green emptiness anymore.

I don't think so much will change for the better before final release. Unfortunately...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 31. 10. 2019 at 5:08 PM, Semor76 said:

It's sad, but I have to sign for this. Hopefully there will be an improvement. This is not Western Europe. It looks like the first Combat Flight Simulator. I already have a good idea of what the big map of Normandy will look like