=SqSq=SignorMagnifico

FW190A8 Ground Attack on Combat Box

I made a multiplayer video of a ground attack mission I flew over the weekend on Combat Box. It is much scarier flying the Luftwaffe now with the new Allied planes flying out there, but the German planes are still enjoyable. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, =SqSq=SignorMagnifico said:

It is much scarier flying the Luftwaffe now with the new Allied planes flying out there

Imagine what THEY thought?!! :rolleyes:

When using emergency mode in the A-8, you should enable the boost as well.  It will give you a much longer duration without engine damage, in addition to much more power.

Also it looks like you forgot to raise your flaps, as shown around 2:09.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:55 PM, FeuerFliegen said:

When using emergency mode in the A-8, you should enable the boost as well.  It will give you a much longer duration without engine damage, in addition to much more power.

Also it looks like you forgot to raise your flaps, as shown around 2:09.

Yes, my wingman forgot to raise his flaps.

1) Take off on 100% throttle. It's not called "Start- und Notleistung" (Take-off and emergency power" for nothing. This will make a difference (albeit not too much of one) with heavy loadouts.

I usually throttle back to "Steig- und Kampfleistung" (Climb and fighting power) after the wheels are tucked in and at greater than 250kph. Use the first notch of flaps.

2) The climb-rating is good for 30 minutes. Make use of it to get to altitude, or to speed up a little when going in low.

When low, try to stay at max continuous on your side of the front and go up to climb and fighting power when crossing the front, or less than 10 mins from the target.

Make sure you're using the cooling grills: I use 100% on the ground and on take-off, 50% when climbing and 30% (as a "set and forget" value) for the remainder of the flight. You may close them for landing, but I usually don't do it.

3) Your flight to the target was at a bad altitude - you could be bounced easily and not do anything about it. Try to stay close to the clouds and use them to play hide and seek or try to collect a sack of squirrels, hugging the trees. 500m is a good altitude for being spotted, it attrackts flak (increasing awareness on the other side and giving away your position and exposing you to additional risk of damage) and it's a good altitude for being bounced. At ingress speed (around 450 kph on cruise power with a single bomb) you're not really in a position to accept a fight - even if you spot the other guy and manage to throw the bomb away.

4) As mentioned before, the "Erhöhte Notleistung" (Increased Emergency power) will give you considerably increased emergency power for a duration of 15 minutes.

Make sure you know how to use it. It significantly increases your capabilities. If used on ingress, you'll be able to fly 500kph on the deck with a single SC500.