DN308

[Request]A very special Hell Hawk skin

Hello,

I would like to request for a P-47 from the Hell Hawks.

It belonged to a pilot still alive with whom I’m still in touch.

1st Lt. Edward J. Lopez from the 365th FG / 387th FS.

P-47 B4-L 228967

I don’t have much pics on that one but I can search for. All I have is bad quality pics

all I have is his book and a drawing.

i don’t have my hell hawks book with me actually but maybe one of you?

Thank you so much in advance

image.jpg

Edited by DN308
  • Upvote 1

Hi, 

I can give it a try, 

publish your photos here (I have the one profile from the Facebook HellHawks group)

Try contacting @361st_Bugsy or @361st_SPEKTRE76 who both have massive databases on Thunderbolts. If you have no joy and can find some more material then I could maybe help you out. I just did a quick search and couldn't really find anything definitive.

Rap

There should be some material in the « Thubderbolts of the hell hawks » but I don’t have it with me now so it’s a little bit difficult.

in his (Lopez one) book, I just have poor quality pics, mainly overexposure ones.

I really hope to find better ones and let you know.

I have that one, let me see if I can find it for ya! I did a large HellHawks skin pack for Gambit for his up coming P-47 BOBP campaign. I took the reference from their book.

If you are still contact with him please fins out the names of his crew . The crew chief and the armorer. Thanks

Edited by 361st_Bugsy

I just sent him a message to have those informations. 

It seems that this plane came as a replacement after the Bodenplatte strike. It came a week after the destruction of his previous one and that at that moment that he made the plane lettered with this name.

Later, in March ´45, Hollywood came and took footage of his plane for the movie « Fighter Squadron », featuring hell hawks as guest stars.

No more info so far

20545220_10209844829417488_5970526436246It seems that this plane came as a replacement after the Bodenplatte strike. It came a week after the destruction of his previous one and that at that moment that he made the plane lettered with this name.

Later, in March ´45, Hollywood came and took footage of his plane for the movie « Fighter Squadron », featuring hell hawks as guest stars.

No more info so far

OK Guys so here's the one I was working on it 90 percent done just a couple of small things to fix, it would take me 10 mins but in order for me to release it I need Lopez's Crew names...Find them and Ill release it ....Np...

2019-10-30-0-22-16.jpg

Edited by 361st_Bugsy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

OK Guys so here's the one I was working on it 90 percent done just a couple of small things to fix, it would take me 10 mins but in order for me to release it I need Lopez's Crew names...Find them and Ill release it ....Np...

2019-10-30-0-22-16.jpg

Wow ! Nice work.

I sent a message to him and to the Hell Hawks association but I’m still waiting for the answer.

however, on the profil I’ve put on my previous message, did you see the yellow part on the back and tail?

The picture comes from the HH book. I guess this is a good info.

Yes that's why I posted that it's a WIP...I need to increase the size of the Polly and the other lettering and then the tail color..No worries when it comes to the historical skins I'm OCD with them and I even go back over it later on down the line if I notice something and then correct and update again if needed. I got this no worries...!

Edited by 361st_Bugsy

It was not an argument from me. Sorry for my bad English, it’s sometimes difficult to pass my feelings that way 

researches are still ongoing concerning the informations asked

OK just waiting for the info I requested...Had this been the model P-47 of the picture above the yellow tail markings would be spot on but the in game model is different then the picture. 

2019-10-30-21-50-39.jpg

Il-2-2019-10-30-18-06-21.jpg

Edited by 361st_Bugsy
  • Like 1

Still waiting too...

anyway, that one looks awesome so far

Finally I have the informations:

Crew chief

Sgt. J J Ornstedt

Armorer

Cp S. Caras

Edited by DN308