Sign in to follow this  
216th_LuseKofte

HS 129 startup

I cant get the engine started anymore. They shut off as soon as they started. 
Anyone knows what I am doing wrong. They started fine before

Happened to me once when I messed around with Auto RPM / Auto radiators and other engine helpers during startup.

What uses to work for me is to disable all the little helpers, then make sure the mixture is full rich, then start the engines.

:drinks:

Mike

• Like 1

...chuckle...same here after I learned on here since the update I have to do some manual input now before hitting the designated start key. As SAS mentioned above, I found out moving my mixture lever(s) to full rich first then initiating the start sequence has worked on startups thus far.

Oyster above also mentions some slight throttle input as well may be necessary on the HS 129 start sequence too but I have yet to verify this. I do know leaving your mixture to cutoff when before everything auto-adjusted itself won’t result in engine starts anymore (I have all boxes unchecked except for warmed engine and allow spectators).

Edited by BornToBattle
  • Like 1

Bf110 E2 starts missions at the parking area with the prop pitch at 0%, unlike all other german aircrafts, so you need some throttle for starting the engines, because of the higher drag of the prop blades.

• Like 1