db605Sct13

Tank Crew Question (s)

So I have been playing this since it came out....LOVE it....I get that some issues are being fixed but it seems the new update has shaken a few bolts loose....

But I have some "issues" with a few details that I hope will be Ironed out with future updates. 

Why can't I EVER fight a Sherman? Why? 

Why are there Russian tanks in Germany in 1944 ? ( I am assuming an update will fix this) 

I do not like the new cannon traverse on the Tiger.... WTF is that? It gets stuck …..

How do I set up or get the QMB ….completely lost here 

The gun sound is suddenly lousy....?

Will the loader ever be animated....will he remain a "zombie crewman"

Otherwise Great job on the game....

9 hours ago, db605Sct13 said:

Why can't I EVER fight a Sherman? Why? 

I asked myself, too. 

Why are there Russian tanks in Germany in 1944 ? ( I am assuming an update will fix this) 

Especially here of course. As the Sherman is not yet there as opponent, there are only Russian tanks possible so far. But BoBP is still WIP, so it might be done in near future.

How do I set up or get the QMB ….completely lost here 

It is the same like with aircrafts. Select a map, click on one of the two tank symbols on the map, select the side you want to play, select the tank, the ammo, the ground targets, eventually daytime and weather and start.

The gun sound is suddenly lousy....?

Here very much depends on your sound system. With my closed headset, the gun sound is not too bad. And of course everyone has his preferences, wants to hear another sound.

Will the loader ever be animated....will he remain a "zombie crewman

I already asked for that in the suggestion thread, but my miles are not too high.

Thank You for the quick answers! 

Regarding the QMB ….I was thinking of the maps were you can add your own type of targets strength and positions...I would like to be able to choose the tanks I will face. But it seems its random and I get whatever the game wants to give up....

41 minutes ago, db605Sct13 said:

Thank You for the quick answers! 

Regarding the QMB ….I was thinking of the maps were you can add your own type of targets strength and positions...I would like to be able to choose the tanks I will face. But it seems its random and I get whatever the game wants to give up....

Yes, unfortunately. If you want to select the tanks, you are facing, you have to know how to use the Mission Editor, and create a mission on your own. The QMB is for both, aircrafts and tanks, a bit disappointing, as it is quite limited in its possibilities. For example, for tanks it would be nice, to have the possibility to create more than just one versus eight tanks and the enemy tanks not strictly following the road. AT guns as targets, and such things. Especially for tanks it is a bit of an issue, as there are only very few missions so far, and the scripted campaigns, coming now, are also just ten missions per side. So if you don't play online, you are quite limited in using them.

There is no specific mission editor for Tank Crew. The games full mission editor can be used though. :salute:

11 minutes ago, db605Sct13 said:

OK,,,,so how to use the mission editor? 

Thanks in advance 

In your Il-2 directory, launch bin/editor/STEeditor.exe.

Note that it is a developer tool that requires some time to learn. Use the resources in the relevant section of the forum.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

I really hope that the Easy Mission Generator utility would be able to include tanks in the future. I’m sure that the author has that in mind.

I'll add a few of my questions:

Is it intentional that your crew will bail out of your tank without an order? I'm fairly certain this never happened before the last update. I highly dislike the way it is now.

Also, can we make tanks immune to kamikaze pilots? I'm a huge proponent of realism but we live in a world, and on servers, that contain people who are complete twats.

Three times in the last session I played fliers tried to ram me and the third one was successful. Numbers 1 and 2 missed and were rewarded with an 88mm HE to their pilot's face.