Jump to content
Tapi

LCD 34" UQHD (better SA) or 32" QHD (better spotting)?

Recommended Posts

What would be better for playing this sim?

  • A) 34" WQHD (3440 × 1440) 21:9 offer wider view and so may be better SA
  • B) 32" QHD (2560 x 1440) 16:9 offer larger pixels, so may be better spotting ability

 

As for the additional specs I am looking for:

  • min 120 Hz
  • max 4 ms response time
  • G-SYNC or G-SYNC compatible FreeSync
  • VA or IPS (think IPS would be better)
  • adjustable height
  • price max 1000$

 

My preliminary choice are:
A) Dell Alienware AW3418DW See here

B) LG 32GK850G see here or 

     Acer Predator Gaming Z321QU bmiphzx see here or

     Samsung C32HG70 see here (but not sure if it is G-sync compatible)

 

Any suggestions welcomed, THX.

Edited by Tapi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My vote goes to the higher dot pitch (larger pixel), IPS and +120Hz if you can find one - G-SYNC being a must have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DBS]TH0R said:

My vote goes to the higher dot pitch (larger pixel), IPS and +120Hz if you can find one - G-SYNC being a must have.

 

THX for the answer Thor. I tend to prefer larger pixels too. Unfortunatelly I am not able to find IPS LCD. All LCDs 32" 120 Hz+ seems to have VA...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tapi said:

I am not able to find IPS LCD. All LCDs 32" 120 Hz+ seems to have VA

 

Acer Predator X34P is IPS and 120 Hz, G-Sync, 4 ms response, 21:9 aspect, 3440x1440 UQHD.

Price might be a problem though. Well over $1000 here in NZ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaygee485 said:

 

Acer Predator X34P is IPS and 120 Hz, G-Sync, 4 ms response, 21:9 aspect, 3440x1440 UQHD.

Price might be a problem though. Well over $1000 here in NZ.

Yep, looks very good. IMHO very similar specs to Dell AW3418DW. The price is also the same: 1040 $ in my country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...