GoodGuy98

[URGENT] If I Buy From You Can I Still Play From Steam?

I would like to buy the sale items from your company but I want to play it on Steam.

Steam makes updates easy etc.

Steam sale does not include Premium Versions of Battle of Moscow and Kuban.

If I buy the products here can I install and run it from Steam just as if I purchased it there?

I need a quick answer so I can apply for a refund on Steam and take advantage of the sale

prices before they expire.

I have never played an airplane game so how can I learn the basics to get started?

I did not see a PDF manual to download.

Thank You

Hi guys,

as far as I know, your actual installation - doesn't matter if standalone or steam installation - includes all the content of IL2. It's just

that with your account (login account of IL2!) some items (battles / collector planes etc.) will be unlocked depending on the purchase

you did.

So, if you purchase new items - assuming you are using the very same login information - they will automatically show up in your

current installation. You don't need any steam key for new purchases done in the web store. You only have to be aware to use the

same login for the game - it has nothing to do with you steam login.

I bought my first item (BOS) in a book store. The installation forced me to install it with steam. But all other items I bought afterwards

were purchased in the web store here. And as I use the same login for my installation through steam and all the purchases I made here,

I have all in the same installation, the whole bunch.

@Sneaksie, @Jason_Williams: Maybe you can confirm this? Or do I misunderstand something how installation of IL2 works? Thank you.

Cheerio

On 10/26/2019 at 8:09 PM, GoodGuy98 said:

I have never played an airplane game so how can I learn the basics to get started?

I did not see a PDF manual to download.

Thank You

A ton of information in this subforum

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/82-manuals-tutorials-guides-and-tips/

Also lot of information and guides can be found on Youtube. For example Requiems videos

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCwV5RLX7mkaDy5gTIiuwGmg&ved=2ahUKEwiD352Kgb3lAhUvwsQBHcq4BAkQjjgwAHoECAEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2ZO-ybsFkR8YtSlSXujofA

Can I reverse the original question a little - I have bought all the modules here, but now Steam are selling collector planes at 66% off while here they are full price. Can I buy the collector planes from Steam and if so, will they work?

Thanks

M

I would wait for same sale on webstore for collector airplanes, i think that you have to have BoS on steam to be able to link acounts, i dont belive you would be able to just buy collector airplane (witouth having BoS first on steam) and link with this acount. They have freqent sales so probably you wont have to wait for long for same sale on webstore.

PS.

ask suport is fastest way to correct answer on this if you plan to try it before this sale ends

Edited by 77.CountZero

To have things working, you need to have at least the BoS base game on Steam. If you link your account, it won't matter if you brought plane A from Steam, and plane B from official IL2 store, you will have both of them available in your game.

7 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

I would wait for same sale on webstore for collector airplanes, i think that you have to have BoS on steam to be able to link acounts, i dont belive you would be able to just buy collector airplane (witouth having BoS first on steam) and link with this acount. They have freqent sales so probably you wont have to wait for long for same sale on webstore.

PS.

ask suport is fastest way to correct answer on this if you plan to try it before this sale ends

Is there likely to be a comparable "Halloween" sale on the collector planes for website-based purchases?

Everything will work from Steam