69thSpiritus_Mortem

RELEASE NOTES FOR BLITZ 4.57

Attached are the release notes for Blitz 4.57. Steam should automatically update. Also, we have revised the AI order and command menu. These are functional for the most part, it is still a work in progress. These are not yet perfected and there are still anomalies that haven't been looked at. We will continue to improve the AI and the commands while we work towards the release of 5.0. 

Bugs that were fixed:
https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/842
https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/479
https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/817

RELEASE NOTES:

While creating the upcoming TF 5.0 Tobruk of the CLIFFS OF DOVER series, we
also improve many things that also benefit CLIFFS OF DOVER BLITZ, so we're very
happy to release this new patch 4.57 with the following improvements:

- Fixed: Bomb defuse message shows when rearming non-bomb-carrying aircraft.
- Fixed: Individual magneto keybindings (e.g. Magneto #1 on #1 Engine - Toggle) not
effective on single engined aircraft.
- Fixed: Fiat G.50, mouse clicks on magnetos in cockpit not effective.
- Fixed: Static Objects loosing underground portions when seen from more that 499m.
- Fixed: Artillery cannot be manned by players.
- Fixed: Naval and Artillery will fire at targets in range even when not having a line of
sight.
- Fixed: Spitfire amp meter shows incorrect values.

- Fixed:  In patch 4.56 the autumn trees on the Channel Autumn Map were erroneously
replaced with the summer trees.  This has been corrected
- Revised AI: Order Menu (aka TAB Menu) commands for AI now are functional.
This is a further step in a series of AI improvements we hope to make for CLIFFS OF
DOVER BLITZ as well as our upcoming TF 5.0 Tobruk release.

ATAG_Pattle will be back in the next few hours to hopefully give you a little bit more info and perhaps a more elegant guide about the AI menu/commands. 

Regarding the menu, the options will vary depending on which side you are flying and which position (hierarchy) you are in your squadron. 

The order menu has seven first level entries, being Recipient, Help me, Maintain Radio Silence, Mission, Air Targets, Navigation, and Ground Control. 

Every one of the above besides Mission and Ground Control are relevant for commanding the AI. 

Dark red options are not available, red options are available, and orange options have sub-entries (Colors may change in future updates to be more user friendly). 

The Order Menu is navigated with keys 1-9, and 0 to go back one entry. When holding down Alt or Ctrl keys, you will have additional options. 

With 1. Recipients, you enter into the recipients menu which allows for two additional command modifiers (Alt and Ctrl).

You may press any number and select one of the recipients for the message. You may hold Ctrl and press any number, and you expand certain menu items. Holding Alt and pressing any number you can select as many Flights as you want as long as they are under your command. 

Like I said, hopefully Pattle can get something more elegant together when he returns. Our Beta testers, most notably Bonditaria and DerDa may post here if they would like to give you more detail since they have more knowledge in this area. Bonditaria also has a quick youtube video showing the workings of the Alt and Ctrl modifiers.

Thank you and enjoy! 

Oh, and why not:

attachment.php?attachmentid=41478&d=1572

attachment.php?attachmentid=41479&d=1572

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Many thanks! Keep on the good work.

i really like the COD Blitz and I would have love to see its lifetime greater, with more campaigns, longer durations and more and more planes to play until the d-day

• Like 1

You've got the a.i. commands working?:)   Thats a big step forward for the whole game!  Bravo Team Fusion:salute:

Very nice screenies too Spiritus:biggrin:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DN308 said:

Many thanks! Keep on the good work.

i really like the COD Blitz and I would have love to see its lifetime greater, with more campaigns, longer durations and more and more planes to play until the d-day

The CLIFFS OF DOVER map will be playable in TF 5.0... many new aircraft types built for TF 5.0, as for example the Bf-109F-1 and Spitfire Mk VA, will only be available on the Channel map.

We have also improved and fixed bugs on the Channel map.

Assuming TF goes on to produce TF 6.0, you will see many other Channel specific 1942 era aircraft.... in addition, fortifications and additional ships and vehicles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

No doubt that A.I Comd was a real headache to solve, so yeah Well Done.:good:

Big thx again for the Team! 🥰

Oh, and by the way. Would we have the ability to modify the ammo belts and undercarriage of the planes. It’s one of the biggest annoyance I see in CloD

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much to all those involved in this latest update, really appreciated.:drinks:

Lovely shots of the Hurricane, did I ever mention you cannot have enough of them.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Like 1

Nice update and great step forward.

cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. Fire effects are looking good :)

6.thumb.jpg.730a2ea45f218adadcc83c6b537c8995.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.5cc575d0e8b9c1a627f72298ecc4b7d6.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.0a2e082e525930af7b6a2046e0241b57.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.51bcdad72412ac0a03ab280db2e81109.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.8cf8f9eaefc778bc203c9a0b1c2f02d5.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.e0999a4cfa59d14bfa9b57df513bb2c6.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.ae31a4487ece59a3e2954e0657d04afb.jpg

So far the main issue I have is replay of trk files where the undercarriage is showing raised when taxiing :(

bug.thumb.jpg.c29f53d1f3a0db5e9f1faa597dac7c0d.jpg

Final question....how much of a hit would it be to double the render distance of the grass bubble? Really pleased to see the grass blocks now fade into view rather than pop into view, great work. Just asking about the render distance as it does appear like an 'island' of grass around the vehicles but if it could be doubled I think this would be more than enough visually but probably not a huge fps hit? Just asking as tank battles, vehicles driving and other features, especially for the free publicity of movies made with CloD, would really benefit from a little extra distance on the grass?

1712318855_GRASS3.thumb.jpg.ed14d445ec48aaa617d0f39d39013458.jpg

1758895358_GRASS2.thumb.jpg.a86a27ab6b0f61e6522e6d725121ff90.jpg

GRASS.thumb.jpg.7f15596d713257baaea46e250848ee66.jpg

Just asking. 

Cheers, MP

Edited by Mysticpuma
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@DN308

What do you mean modify the ammo belts and undercarriage? You can modify your ammo belts and residual belts. As for the undercarriage, not sure what you mean. 

@Mysticpuma

Can you add that gear issue in the trk file to the bug tracker please? As for the grass, there is more of an issue with that and the code, right now all our efforts in that department is on Tobruk. We are still aware of it though. 

1 hour ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

@DN308

What do you mean modify the ammo belts and undercarriage? You can modify your ammo belts and residual belts. As for the undercarriage, not sure what you mean. 

I mean that ie, in the two official campaigns, I never be able to modify the belts. That’s a bit of annoyance.

or If you are able to explain me how to do it, I would be grateful.

Undercarriage (in my acception or my understanding of not native english speaker) is bombs or not

18 minutes ago, DN308 said:

I mean that ie, in the two official campaigns, I never be able to modify the belts. That’s a bit of annoyance.

or If you are able to explain me how to do it, I would be grateful.

Undercarriage (in my acception or my understanding of not native english speaker) is bombs or not

I see. Undercarriage to me is the landing gear and and their mechanisms.

Yes, the belts and bombs have customization but it isn't easy. Check these out, there are many more threads about it. 

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11427&highlight=ammo+belt

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26915&highlight=ammo+belt

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29793&p=322400&viewfull=1#post322400 

Yes, sorry.

and thanks for the links 

3 hours ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

@DN308

@Mysticpuma

Can you add that gear issue in the trk file to the bug tracker please? As for the grass, there is more of an issue with that and the code, right now all our efforts in that department is on Tobruk. We are still aware of it though. 

Single and Campaign missions have their "loadout" - ammo belts, bombs, fuel locked.

Of course one can expect that mission/campaign creator use the appropriated "loadout" for the missions, but in most cases, e.g. campaign missions are used FMB (Full Mission Builder) defaults settings.

Even in Quick missions "loadouts" are locked, because CloD GUI don't have a Quick Mission Generator (like IL-2:46, Bo'X'), just ready Quick Mission selection, with little customization (TOD, clouds...).

So, if you want change "loadouts" need do this with FMB, or out side of game, with 3rd part tools (eg. Gix Loadout Tool) and manually adding this new "loadout" to campaign mission files.

Possible is, but a laborious and boring process. 

19 hours ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

I see. Undercarriage to me is the landing gear and and their mechanisms.

Yes, the belts and bombs have customization but it isn't easy. Check these out, there are many more threads about it. 

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11427&highlight=ammo+belt

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26915&highlight=ammo+belt

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29793&p=322400&viewfull=1#post322400 

Me again, sorry.

What I rend is that everything works for MP, not SP. I use to fly SP campaigns and missions exclusively. 

I really don’t understand why I can’t change the loadout configuration. That’s weird, no?

in real life, whatever the mission, a pilot have the opportunity to choose his own configuration. 

I.e., if I fly a 109 and going against a hurricane airfield, I don’t really want to bring armor piercing bullets, but would have incendiary as long as hurry’s body is made mainly of wood. And Spit going against some full metal planes, no need to have incendiary when AP ammos are more appropriate 

10 hours ago, DN308 said:

Me again, sorry.

What I rend is that everything works for MP, not SP. I use to fly SP campaigns and missions exclusively. 

I really don’t understand why I can’t change the loadout configuration. That’s weird, no?

in real life, whatever the mission, a pilot have the opportunity to choose his own configuration. 

I.e., if I fly a 109 and going against a hurricane airfield, I don’t really want to bring armor piercing bullets, but would have incendiary as long as hurry’s body is made mainly of wood. And Spit going against some full metal planes, no need to have incendiary when AP ammos are more appropriate 

That would actually be wrong.

Incendiary ammunition is very effective, even against all aluminum aircraft.

The reason is that while AP bullets can cause holes, they don't start leaking fluids like gasoline or oil on fire... an incendiary bullet will do that.

It is best to have a combination of incendiary and armour piercing against all aircraft types.

That was an example.

let’s say against ships so.

i would prefer AP than incendiaries that are simple average bullet with just some magnesium etc

one long story made short, I want to be able to choose my bullets

Edited by DN308

2 hours ago, DN308 said:

That was an example.

let’s say against ships so.

i would prefer AP than incendiaries that are simple average bullet with just some magnesium etc

one long story made short, I want to be able to choose my bullets

You can choose your bullets.

You do so by going into multi player and selecting and aircraft type... then selecting the ammunition.

Then start the mission, fly, then exit. 

Your selected ammo load will now be standard for you for Single player.

7 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

You can choose your bullets.

You do so by going into multi player and selecting and aircraft type... then selecting the ammunition.

Then start the mission, fly, then exit. 

Your selected ammo load will now be standard for you for Single player.

Sweet.

A little bit tricky but thanks for the tip

I bought Cliff of Dover once before TF and Blitz were a thing but watching and reading about this gives me so much joy I am not gonna regret rebuying the game soon. As for now, can anyone lead me to a place where I can read about all the flyable planes in the game as of it's latest game version?

On 10/26/2019 at 3:25 AM, Buzzsaw said:

as for example the Bf-109F-1 and Spitfire Mk VA, will only be available on the Channel map.

Is this a limitation? - I mean when I bought the Addon I can only fly the "Bf-109F-1 and Spitfire Mk VA" on the Channel map???

4 hours ago, Livai said:

Is this a limitation? - I mean when I bought the Addon I can only fly the "Bf-109F-1 and Spitfire Mk VA" on the Channel map???

Just like you cant fly fw190 over moscow in box. What's the problem? 

7 hours ago, Livai said:

2 hours ago, InProgress said:

Just like you cant fly fw190 over moscow in box. What's the problem? 

But is this based on the single player content, or coded into the map scenario? For example could a multiplayer scenario in the North Africa map feature the F-1 and Mk Va?

The Fw 190 in BoX isn't there in the single player campaign... but you can go and make a quick mission with it in the moscow map, and it can be featured in multiplayer servers too.

There are no tropical versions of the Spitfire Mk Va (or the Spit IIb) because they never flew in the Desert.

There is also no tropical version of the Bf-109F-1 because it too, never flew in the Desert.

There will be no campaigns with these aircraft in the desert.

I am sure someone with access to the FMB will probably want to add them to the Desert... but they will not be a really usable addition, not having the dust filter.

We will be introducing dust effects for TF 5.0... and any aircraft without a dust filter which takes off/lands from a desert field will suffer random amounts of damage to its engine.

I guess you could give the aircraft an airstart, but that would be limiting and it would likely blow up its engine when it landed.

• Upvote 2

That sounds nice, I can't wait! It's been so long sice we've been over the Desert

9 hours ago, Livai said:

Why would you want to use a aircraft intended for the European theater in the desert if it was not modified to be used there, makes no sense? 

Each type is meant to be used in a particular environment so if it has been made by the team with a filter then historically it will have been in the desert, at Tobruk or not makes no difference but in that environment all the same, also if the model was only in Europe then of course it will only be available there.;)

Were types shipped out and later adapted for that area?  Most likely some would have been, but then they would be included as such and added to the list of available types I think, makes sense to me.  Certain 109 versions went to the eastern front from the desert because it was found that parts of Russia required those modified types if I remember correctly.

Anyway, roll on release day.

Just now, InProgress said:

Just like you cant fly fw190 over moscow in box

LoL, you can fly over moscow as mod even with the 262...................

Just now, Missionbug said:

Why would you want to use a aircraft intended for the European theater in the desert if it was not modified to be used there, makes no sense? 

Each type is meant to be used in a particular environment so if it has been made by the team with a filter then historically it will have been in the desert, at Tobruk or not makes no difference but in that environment all the same, also if the model was only in Europe then of course it will only be available there.;)

Were types shipped out and later adapted for that area?  Most likely some would have been, but then they would be included as such and added to the list of available types I think, makes sense to me.  Certain 109 versions went to the eastern front from the desert because it was found that parts of Russia required those modified types if I remember correctly.

Anyway, roll on release day.

Just now, InProgress said:

What's the problem? 

I like to remember to read his post here about the plane set Current Status of TF 5.0 'Tobruk' build

They confirmed already a lot more Non - Tropical planes (the F-1 , F-2 and F-4 for example) and when they do Non - Tropical planes I assume I can fly them on the Channel map............

There are quite a few tropical aircraft to be made with the intention that the player use them on the Tobruk map, there are also to be new types made that are intended for the Channel map but not the desert unless historically they found there way there to be used as they had been in the European climate.

This is not a limitation Livai but how it worked in the real world, some types eventually found there way to new theaters of operation but were modified accordingly to enable them to be used there without damaging the engines.

As for the 262, different sim and there were ways to do things until the full release was made if you had early access you could fly the types on any map and also fly anything in a QMB, still can, is that what you think the development team should allow for Blitz/Tobruk?  Are you saying they should allow all aircraft to fly anywhere on any map?

Maybe outside of a campaign or career system that have to be historical I suppose it does no harm, however, is Blitz/Tobruk set up that way?

Up to now we have only had the Channel and the land mass either side of it to use in Blitz so I guess it has not been a problem before.;)

Take care.

Edited by Missionbug

20 hours ago, Livai said:

You can fly them on the Tobruk map, but they’ll be out of place there, like an Me-262 over the Arras map. And, as Buzzsaw mentioned, there will be dust effects modelled in 5.0, so taking off will be impossible without a dust filter.

22 hours ago, Missionbug said:

Are you saying they should allow all aircraft to fly anywhere on any map?

Where I said this? - I talk about the Non - Tropical planes that are included in the Addon (E-7,F-1,F-2,F-4 and and) what they already stated in "Current Status of TF 5.0 'Tobruk' build"

22 hours ago, Missionbug said:

there are also to be new types made that are intended for the Channel map

Buzzsaw mentioned the Bf-109 F-1 for the Channel Map, - where I already disagree because the Bf-109 F-2 was used there against the Spitfire II/Vs

21 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

And, as Buzzsaw mentioned, there will be dust effects modelled in 5.0, so taking off will be impossible without a dust filter.

The first thing what I will try out with each plane without dust filter to check if these dust effects are indeed modelled 😎

Edited by Livai

9 minutes ago, Livai said:

Buzzsaw mentioned the Bf-109 F-1 for the Channel Map, - where I already disagree because the Bf-109 F-2 was used there against the Spitfire II/Vs

I think there’s been a misinterpretation here.

The Bf-109 F-2 and F-4 will be flyable on the Channel map and the Tobruk map, as we have tropical and non-tropical versions of them. 

The Bf-109 F-1 will be flyable on the Channel map, but not (with the exception of airstarts) on the Tobruk map, due to the lack of a tropical version.

Hope this clears things up :salute:

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Livai said:

Where I said this? - I talk about the Non - Tropical planes that are included in the Addon (E-7,F-1,F-2,F-4 and and) what they already stated in "Current Status of TF 5.0 'Tobruk' build"

The first thing what I will try out with each plane without dust filter to check if these dust effects are indeed modelled 😎

The Bf-109F had multiple versions used on the Channel Front.

The first one use, a Field Test of a prototype, the Bf-109F-0 was flown by a few senior pilots including Werner Molders.  We are not including it.

Below are the Bf-109F models we are including:

The F-1 was the first produced in significant numbers, it was flown by several Staffels.  It had an MG/FFM firing through the propellor nose hub.  There were no tropical versions.  It and the F-2 model had the same DB601N engine which equipped the Bf-109E-4N and E-7N.  It only flew on the Channel Front.

The F-2 was a larger production run... initially it had the MG151/15mm cannon firing through the hub, later these were replaced with MG151/20mm.  There were also tropical versions.  It flew on the Channel Front, in the Med and on the Eastern Front.

The F-4 was the largest production run, initially it had a derated DB601E engine rated at 1.30 ata, later maximum boost was uprated to 1.42 ata.  It had the MG151/20mm cannon.  Later versions had the option of twin underwing MG151/20mm in gunpods.  Some on the Eastern front had the gunpods equipped with the MG151/15mm... these never flew in the West or in the Mediterranean.  The F-4 did have tropical versions...  in addition, there was a later model with the DB601EZ engine... with GM-1 Nitrous boost for high altitude performance.  It flew on the Channel Front, the Eastern Front and in the Med.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2019 at 9:07 AM, Livai said:

LoL, you can fly over moscow as mod even with the 262...................

Oh really? I had totally no idea....................

• Haha 1