Jump to content
9./JG54_GERMANWOLF

Temporary freezing solution

Recommended Posts

What video card are you using?

 

With an NVidia GTX970 I myself have been consistently experiencing sudden crashes to desktop on the Bodenplatte map mostly when flying online.  Disabling the 4K textures and the new setting for far draw distance of buildings seems to have fixed it for the most part, and I run with only a modest amount of other graphic settings enabled under "Balanced".

 

I would have hoped that using settings that the card can't handle would have just impacted frame rates, but instead it seems to have impacted stability, although that could be a driver issue as well.   

 

I know a 970 isn't terribly current but it's not a slouch... even so maybe it's time to increase the published minimum system requirements to a GTX 1070 level or higher?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stooy

 

I've got a GTX980ti and I've got the same issues as you describe. for the first time I've had to slightly lower my settings to try and stop random crashes and stuttering.

 

I think it may soon be time for some hardware upgrades!

 

Cheers

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can wait when the Ampere card series will be released next year you may get a RTX 2070 Super or a RTX2080Ti for a low price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, but that will be a long wait and much to be missed out on MP.   I did get a crash to desktop Saturday night on CombatBox with the Bodenplatte map even with 4K and far draw disabled, so even that is no solution, and GermanWolfe, you may not be out of the woods just yet.  Although I hope that you are.  

 

Santa may have to stock up on 2070's and/or 2080's for December if we can be on good behavior... but man that's a $500 solution to a problem that buys other enticing things I've been jonesing for (that don't crash to the desktop) instead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UtqBWaQ4nQ

 

Priorities....

 

 

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed, the Ampere nvidia card, but its release may be about a year from now.

Nvidia has no tough competition from anyone.

I am afraid even the rumoured 7nm card will become even more expensive because of this.

Where I live the SUPER cards were even introduced with a rather big price premium over the non super cards !

Knowing there are so many engine enhancements (i.e. will probably demand more from the GPU) for IL-2 as well as DCS 

 a better graphics card would be more than welcome !

Draw distance is only the beginning I guess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IckyATLAS said:

If you can wait when the Ampere card series will be released next year you may get a RTX 2070 Super or a RTX2080Ti for a low price.

Or you can get an Ampere card?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

What video card are you using?

 

With an NVidia GTX970 I myself have been consistently experiencing sudden crashes to desktop on the Bodenplatte map mostly when flying online.  Disabling the 4K textures and the new setting for far draw distance of buildings seems to have fixed it for the most part, and I run with only a modest amount of other graphic settings enabled under "Balanced".

 

I would have hoped that using settings that the card can't handle would have just impacted frame rates, but instead it seems to have impacted stability, although that could be a driver issue as well.   

 

I know a 970 isn't terribly current but it's not a slouch... even so maybe it's time to increase the published minimum system requirements to a GTX 1070 level or higher?  

 

my pc is i73370k, 16 ram, GTX970oc W764, SSD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I somehow sorted the stuttering but new patch today.....back worse than ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 161snails said:

I somehow sorted the stuttering but new patch today.....back worse than ever.

Online, off, or both? Offline stuttering I was able to fix with grpahics tweaks, online stuttering is a hydra it seems...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only fly offline to be honest, however lije yourself i tweaked the graphics a little and pretty much cured it. seems like its back to the drawing board. i spend more time tweaking than i do flying these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...