9./JG54_GERMANWOLF

Freezes, can anyone help or explain?

After this big new update, I have been suffering from freezes in the game, especially in online mode, before I could run the game very smoothly, something has changed dramatically.

Try turning VSync off and switch the Target FPS to match your monitor's refresh rate. This solved the same issue for me.

2 minutes ago, Cavalier said:

Try turning VSync off and switch the Target FPS to match your monitor's refresh rate. This solved the same issue for me.

I've tried practically everything, which is better if I let everything as low as possible

Running the game in "low" mode might conceal the issue, but it's hardly a solution to anything.

"Low" mode is what I used when I wanted to check whether a mission I'm just creating works to a certain point, and all I had with me was my Laptop with integrated IntelHD graphics.

I would never ever even just consider to play the game in "low" mode.

Thanks for your investigation nevertheless.

:drinks:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Running the game in "low" mode might conceal the issue, but it's hardly a solution to anything.

"Low" mode is what I used when I wanted to check whether a mission I'm just creating works to a certain point, and all I had with me was my Laptop with integrated IntelHD graphics.

I would never ever even just consider to play the game in "low" mode.

Thanks for your investigation nevertheless.

Mike

unfortunately it was the only way it worked for me, I tried everything and there are a lot of people with the latest computer complaining, the developers will give a solution, we hope.

Yes I know, it's a very complex issue and it applies to different users in many different flavours.

"Funny" thing is that it's been getting very noticeable just after the 3.201 update (and the subsequent hotfixes didn't change it back to what it was before), so one would assume that it's a certain change that should be identifiable, however: In software development things cannot be tracked back that easy sometimes.

I don't want to be in the dev's shoes right now to be honest.

But let's hope they'll get this covered in the long run.

They used to do in the past, so there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to this time.

In the meantime, people have to find the best solution for their personal needs and if running the game in "Low" mode is what works best for you, then that's indeed you temporary stopgap solution.

Mike

• Upvote 1

Looks like what happened to me after the hot-fixes.  Wasn't there a Windows 10 update and a NVIDIA driver update around the same time?  I know it is frustrating when your favorite game (for me) suddenly becomes more or less unplayable.

I wish I had an easy solution for you.  The only thing that helped me was to wipe my SSD and re-install Windows plus make sure everything else on my system was running as fast and well as possible.

I still get stuttering on the really big career missions where I had none before, but the wipe and re-install did help eliminate the stuttering on smaller missions.  I do have to run the game on lower settings.  

Hopefully there is something the devs can do to help.  I don't know if the NVIDIA driver update and/or the Windows 10 update had anything to do with it, but it is possible.  They seem to add a lot of bloatware as time goes on.

Good luck!