the_dudeWG

What would "complete" FC1?

1 minute ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Punters.

Hence the references to Steam.

I'm assuming this is why the focus on getting it to a basic release  standard asap. 

Can always iterate and optimise from there.

11 hours ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

(I jumped and shot down 1PL-Husar yesterday. Later I learned he was just opening his beer when it happened (that pub analogy starts to make sense). 700 meters below him, two of his mates were fighting my mate, Jakob, so I should say something degradatory about moment he chose for that beer but I didn't see them down there either. When I dived down one of the 1PL collided with Jakob, and I was left in duel of wits with what I'm pretty sure was Lucas. I'm 60% sure I was getting upper hand, when that Dr.I (Sizzlor? Logs don't say, my memory is hazy, but we had a chat afterwards) passes through us and sets him on fire with one burst. Hard to be mad at him when he turned cletched-teeth drama into slapstick moment. And of course, we get no kill messages, so I might get who-is-who completly wrong, other than everybody mentioned was there, somewhere, and we ended up laughing.)

@J2_Trupobaw  it's true we do  laugh 😄  Funny how memory can fail us too...

Because whole action took place two days ago and  after initial attack on J2 Jakob , you came at me,  I did break with reversal  turn at yours six , in that maneuver  collided with J2 Jakob - he said he was oiled and do not saw me.  Almost two hours letter I was  going to meet my squad members  when I was jumped by II JG1 Vonrd from above while opening the beer :) I wrote about it in the chat and you answered with questions where it was ? .I said over the mud ...

Hehehe , anyways its always a pleasure  fight with or against you guys :)

BTW I presume you do not have to verify ich other kills  😂

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Haha 1

Husar, i woke up with fever and shakes this morning and didn't remember writing this post until I read you quoting it :D. My mrmory of whole weekend is fuzzy. But I still like my version of story :D.

I'm just reading Danglows biography and there is lot of conflicting AARs from German and British side, to the point that historians know something happened in the air, and that's it. Fitting that we are not immune to this, either.

22 minutes ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

Husar, i woke up with fever and shakes this morning and didn't remember writing this post until I read you quoting it :D. My mrmory of whole weekend is fuzzy. But I still like my version of story :D.

I'm just reading Danglows biography and there is lot of conflicting AARs from German and British side, to the point that historians know something happened in the air, and that's it. Fitting that we are not immune to this, either.

For sure you like it , good that  mine can be verified by server stats page for that sorties 😂

btw I read Berthold biography right now and claims were much difficult back then ;)

Be well soon !

....maybe already mentioned in an earlier post on this topic, but anyhow:

What I would like to see in a future FC version is the possibility to grant points for recon and arty spotting missions!!! 

... or to say it more general: The possibility for mission builders to define object completion conditions that are recogniced by the server log and can be considered in stats-pages then (In-Game points would also be nice, but not that inportant from my perspective) 

• Upvote 5

Couldn’t agree more.  I invested 3 hours on the flugpark server the other day and successfully completed two long recon missions.  The game doesn’t grant so much as a single digit for either of them.  

S!

You can get points........ sort of. The game only logs the destruction of objects. 

So how does this work. When you land at base and successfully complete a recon mission  an enemy object spawns close to the base but not where it will be shot at by AI. Whoever kills the object gets personal points. Anyone can kill the object. If it is the recon pilot he gets points. If it is not the recon pilot, tough.

Not very satisfactory.

The recon and Arty missions are the work of the mission makers and not the developers. They are not tied into the base code of the game. 

FC won't be complete until a Minenwerfer-Gerät is included, and fires a few shots.

You will need to know your history, enjoy cryptic questions and be a clever dick to get the answer.  First one to get it gets a goody two shoes up vote from me :rolleyes:.

Edited by HagarTheHorrible

6 hours ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

The recon and Arty missions are the work of the mission makers and not the developers. They are not tied into the base code of the game. 

And exactly that is the (or one of the) point(s) that 1GCS should change in game to make FC more complete and add something that was not available in RoF (they should not add it only for FC but the complete IL2 series, but IMHO in WW1 its more important):

In analogy like the game logs the damage of objects or the take off and landing of a plane they should also implement an option to log addtional events. As I would think about it the engine could be extended by a set of just a few generic event objects, in the code simply called "Objective 1", "Objective 2", etc. and they are fixed to different point-values. (I think 5 different types would be by far enough)

Mission builders then should be able link the fullfillment of any conditions (as they are using now already for generating of sub-titles and activation or de-activation of other objects) to any of this generic objetives and the game thus should log "Player abc completed "Objective x"...

No one needs to read in the info that it was a Recon or Arty Spot or spy pick-up that was completed, as it would be enough to inform via server info and/or mission info which objective type is connected to which specific mission on that specific map or server.

As it is already now possible to generate very complex mission logic that is recogniced directly in the game correctly (e.g. as the game is able to provide specific sub titles only after specific conditions are fullfilled) I cannot see any reason why it would be such a big impact for engine to also write 1 line in the log then....?

• Upvote 4

I don't understand why they haven't enabled something like taking a picture through a (modified) bombsight UI when you've got a camera in your loadout...or something.

Have it shoot out an invisible beam, which if it hits the target counts as a photograph?

I don't know.  There needs to be something though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Couldn’t agree more.  I invested 3 hours on the flugpark server the other day and successfully completed two long recon missions.  The game doesn’t grant so much as a single digit for either of them.  

deep_satisfaction.png.ef002fc8f11c7474a3d6c0597ce581d6.png

"Then you have the deep satisfaction of knowing you have served the Fatherland."

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

S! Etzel

That is a good idea.

You can tie mission success to a translator icon for primary or secondary success/failure. If these were tied to the pilot and points in the code you would have it.

This would work for all two seater missions that do not involve destruction of a target.

• Upvote 1

I think any event can more or less directly tied to a pilot: For recon missions it is the pilot who fly over a specific area under certain conditions and land the plane undamaged... => the landing of the pilot after all other conditions are fullfilled would be the event to grant points.

In an arty mission it might be not so easy, as the pilot is only directing the arty fire and the completion event is triggered by the artillery then; but even then you could use the workaround, to tie each pass over the target and over artillery area to an objective that grants e.g. only 1 Point. But as u need to do anyhow several passes, the points for an arty mission are accumulated until it is finally complete... the more passes are necessary, the more risk you need to take the more points are granted....

In WW2 scenarios you can use those objectives e.g. for parachute or cargo dropping to log the events and grant some rewards....  

So I would say in any thinkable mission type flown by a human pilot that fullfills any specific object there must be any kind of action or event that can be tied to such an objective... 

• Like 1

Am totally with you Etzel.

- recon missions that are worth points.

- realistic mechanics that involve actually taking pictures or actually directing artillery fire onto a target. 

If these mission types were rare or very niche I could understand their omission. But they weren't, they were the reason for the air war in the first place!

Edited by US103_Baer
  • Upvote 6

On 11/19/2019 at 8:02 AM, HagarTheHorrible said:

FC won't be complete until a Minenwerfer-Gerät is included, and fires a few shots.

You will need to know your history, enjoy cryptic questions and be a clever dick to get the answer.  First one to get it gets a goody two shoes up vote from me :rolleyes:.

Ok, you're all officially useless, so I'll tell you.

A Minenwerfer-Gerät is otherwise known as a "Big Bertha", which you might consider to be a fat lady.  Firing a weapon might be, and has been, compared to singing.  So the answer, obviously, is "it ain't over untill the fat lady sings", easy really, when you know !!!!

16 hours ago, US103_Baer said:

Am totally with you Etzel.

- recon missions that are worth points.

- realistic mechanics that involve actually taking pictures or actually directing artillery fire onto a target. 

If these mission types were rare or very niche I could understand their omission. But they weren't, they were the reason for the air war in the first place!

We absolutely need these, I dearly miss the little clickable camera we had in RoF. Plus real actual artillery grid spotting, which only ever existed in RoF single player, as far as I know.

That said: the Bristol was not your typical recon plane and the Halberstadt was not at all a recon plane. The CL.II is perhaps the least relevant of all the Mercedes-powered planes that could be outfitted with 200hp overcompression (even though it is accurate that ALL the Mercedes-powered planes would have had high altitude overcompression by mid-1918 — this is just a plane that seldom flew at high altitude). This is why we need the R.E.8, Breguet and DFW for those missions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

Loooooove flying that halberstadt up to recon altitude.  Just love it.

She can do it and she did do it as part of the Flieger Abteilung, it's just that even as a 1918 recon plane with overcompression, she climbs worse than a 1916 recon plane without (DFW), even if she's faster in level flight. That's the whole reason why she was relegated to Schustas/Schlastas and ground attack.

23 minutes ago, J5_Hellbender said:

She can do it and she did do it as part of the Flieger Abteilung, it's just that even as a 1918 recon plane with overcompression, she climbs worse than a 1916 recon plane without (DFW), even if she's faster in level flight. That's the whole reason why she was relegated to Schustas/Schlastas and ground attack.

I know she can do it.  We did it yesterday.

Flew all the way to the recon target and realized we had the wrong halberstadt.  Mission description said take the plane labelled for the recon you want to do.  Wasn't sure what that meant, but saw a little camera icon next to the bomb icons on the aircraft card, made sure a camera was equipped and took off.

Only after flying all the way there and back did I realize there was another airfield hidden behind the mission description box, with halberstadts labelled "recon a, recon b," etc...

Huge facepalm.

2 hours ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

A Minenwerfer-Gerät is otherwise known as a "Big Bertha"

Good luck using that as an anti-aircraft gun, so completely irrelevant.

19 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

Good luck using that as an anti-aircraft gun, so completely irrelevant.

Never mind, you're obviously channeling your inner German :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

Never mind, you're obviously channeling your inner German :rolleyes:

My inner German is constantly attempting to launch a vitriolic tirade against yourself, for your incessant stream of gratuitous threads on the most asinine subjects conceivable. Fortunately I manage to keep him under control, so you're quite safe - it's just not going to happen.

• Haha 1

Some of us just can't resist horrible click bait....

Oh goodnes, there's another one....here goes...

Edited by J5_Baeumer

5 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

My inner German is constantly attempting to launch a vitriolic tirade against yourself, for your incessant stream of gratuitous threads on the most asinine subjects conceivable. Fortunately I manage to keep him under control, so you're quite safe - it's just not going to happen.

i'll put that down as an attempt at wit (hint, emojis are a great way to help reinforce the actual sentiment that's implied, especially given language or cultural barriers) either that, or you are, ironically, proving my point, despite it being entirely tongue in cheek, or said in jest.

i"m quite sure I don't need to point out to you that this is a GAME forum, for having FUN, for chewin the fat, it isn't some profound, intellectual debate.  If I witter on it is entirely for the best of intentions, and out of the piles of dross, hopefully, comes the occasional pearl (admittedly that might be a little optimistic, but at least I try).

If, you aren't being ironic, then, as pointed out above, please feel free to utterly ignore any posts that I make, I won't be in any way offended by you not commenting on a post of mine that you ignored or haven't read.:salute:

Emoji's (the word sticks a bit), should be something left for small children to play with.

If after all that evolution stuff, grown up chaps can't communicate without drawing cartoon faces, we really are screwed.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Emoji's (the word sticks a bit), should be something left for small children to play with.

If after all that evolution stuff, grown up chaps can't communicate without drawing cartoon faces, we really are screwed.

I know it’s not really the thread to discuss, but while I agree with what you say, I do think, given the diversity of place and the fact that many won’t have English as a first language, it does help to potentially convey the point that we might be not serious or tongue in cheek about.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/26/2019 at 1:05 PM, US93_Furlow said:

Zeppelin:ph34r: .....................................................................................................................................................................................................(i'm kidding)

No don't joke.  I think it's quite frankly rediculous that a game from the 1990s could so easily pull it off and here in 2019 we're waiting to get them back.

Do they not realize how many new avenues zeppelins would open up for single and multiplayer scenarios?

ZEPPELIN PLEASE - AFTER YOU FIX EVERYTHING ELSE THAT'S BROKEN IN THE OFFICIAL RELEASE AND ADD EVERYTHING ELSE I ALREADY ASKED FOR ON PAGE 1!

Edited by J5_Matthias
  • Haha 1

Favorite movies:

The good, the bad  and the Zeppelin.

Ice Station Zeppelin

For a few Zeppelins more.

Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Zeppelin.

All quiet on the Zeppelin Front.

Three days of the Zeppelin.

Snow White and the seven Zeppelins.

seven brides for seven Zeppelins.

Saving Private Zeppelin.

2001 a Zeppelin Odyssey.

The Zeppelin from the Black Lagoon.

Spider Man vs. the Green Zeppelin.

Tora, Tora, Zeppelin.

The Zeppelin Brief.

West Side Zeppelin.

Gone with the Zeppelin.

Night of the living Zeppelin.

The Maltese Zeppelin.

The Texas Chain Saw Zeppelin.

No country for Old Zeppelins.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Zeppelin.

A Clock Work Zeppelin.

A Nightmare on Zeppelin street.

The Hunt for Red Zeppelin.

Jurassic Zeppelin.

One flew Over the Zeppelin's Nest.

The Shawshank Zeppelin.

Silence of the Zeppelins

Beverly Hills Zeppelin.

Bridge on the River Zeppelin.

Raiders of the Lost Zeppelin.

Close Encounters of the Zeppelin Kind.

A Zeppelin Too Far.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, J5_Matthias said:

Do they not realize how many new avenues zeppelins would open up for single and multiplayer scenarios?

ZEPPELIN PLEASE - AFTER YOU FIX EVERYTHING ELSE THAT'S BROKEN IN THE OFFICIAL RELEASE AND ADD EVERYTHING ELSE I ALREADY ASKED FOR ON PAGE 1!

image.jpeg.21b2c8a45d03e7dd09abeb9aa2c47c71.jpeg

I think a zep that does bombing raids would be nice. One you could either fly or attack would be even better.  Let's make that the next aircraft, Devs; please?

Edited by Todt_Von_Oben

19 hours ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

Favorite movies:....

I can't believe you forgot these timeless classics:

Zeppelin's 11

Zeppelin's 12

Zeppelin's 13

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Zeppelins

The Zeppelin Awakens

The Last Zeppelin

Captain Zeppelin

The Girl Who Played with Zeppelins

The Girl Who Kicked the Zeppelin's Nest

The Zeppelin Identity

Along Came A Zeppelin

The Man in the High Zeppelin (but to be fair it IS a TV series)

Mad Zeppelin - Beyond Zeppelindome.

Edited by J5_Matthias
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

You forgot:

Zeppelin Kane

Zeppelinception

Zeppelinterstellar

Zeppelindecent Proposal

Zeppelindiana Jones and the Last Crusade (it even has a Zeppelin in it)

And my favourite British London-based progressive rock band from the 60s and 70s: Pink Floyd

Edited by J5_Hellbender
Led Zeppelin is overrated
  • Haha 1

Once upon a time in the Zeppelin.

A man, a horse and a Zeppelin.

Conan the Zeppelin.

Snakes on a Zeppelin.

The Boondocks Zeppelins.

King Arthur and the legend of the Zeppelin.

Rambo, Last Zeppelin.

Lock, stock and 2 smoking Zeppelins.

Zeppelin of the apes.

The forbidden Zeppelin.

The sum of all Zeppelins.

Have a nice Zeppelin.

:salute:

Edited by FlyingShark
  • Like 1

This is just too weird. I was just listening to Led Zeppelin last night. At volume! Early stuff but. The best. Had a binge see and got a bit tight. Dancing with zeppelins. But of course Hellbender, who can forget the timeless Pink Floyd albums dark side of the zeppelin and wish you were zeppelins.

I'm all for zeppelins. But for now, bring on the photo recon and artillery directing. Please devs.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I took the time now and added a post in the "gather your suggestions" thread regarding the recognition of recon flights and other special missions => maybe if you like the idea you take the time and upvote and that way mabe help bringing the developers attention on that topic: 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 11/19/2019 at 9:26 AM, J28w-Broccoli said:

I don't understand why they haven't enabled something like taking a picture through a (modified) bombsight UI when you've got a camera in your loadout...or something.

Have it shoot out an invisible beam, which if it hits the target counts as a photograph?

I don't know.  There needs to be something though.

Big SALUTE!

I think you have done it. What we need is a new object or maybe two new objects.

First object is an invisible  region. Object is listed as "Recon Target" in ME

Properties:

Name- Drop down Box   ex:    Mission 1      Mission 2     Mission 3   Mission 4    Mission 5      Mission 6

Enabled:   check box

Sphere of Cylinder   check box

Radius:    1 - 10000 m

Number of pictures:  1-20

Delay between pictures:  1-20 sec.

Mission object menu: On photos complete.     So you can select subtitles or other MCU. 

When plane enters object area a photo available light comes on in bomb sight. Click the photo available button. The light goes out for the time specified in the settings. Take next photo when light comes on again. If light does not come on, you have left the area.

When pictures are done  it changes the camera or plane to a photo complete status for this mission name  "Mission 1"  or whatever was selected..  If it knows when you are out of ammo it can know you have completed photos. A reverse bomb load counter.

Second object is an invisible region. Object is listed as "Recon landing zone" in ME

Properties:

Name- In ME creator must Select same name from drop down box ex:   Mission 1      Mission 2     Mission 3   Mission 4    Mission 5      Mission 6

Enabled:   check box   

Sphere of Cylinder   check box

Radius:    1 - 10000 m

Photo complete status on plane for mission with this object name .

Plane lands with acceptable % of damage :  1-50   More than 50% damage is a bit much for a successful mission.

Mission object menu: On Mission complete.     So you can select subtitles or other MCU. 

This is just a specific use of the complex trigger logic tied into the bomb sight graphics. The trick is to get the bomb sight graphic photo available button to light up in just the plane in the photo area. It should not be that hard. You need just three simultaneous conditions. The plane must br the correct coalition, have the camera load out and be in the area. If these conditions are met your "Photo Available" button lights up. All the usual complex trigger logic is hardwired in. It monitors object entered, object left, object made photo, object completed photos. object lands.

First object does not go away after photos complete unless deactivated by MCU. This allows another plane with camera load out to take pictures. Name of plane does not matter. Country and camera load out do mater. Since photo complete status is needed to complete mission any plane with a camera load out will not complete mission unless it has taken pictures. If you have photos available you should be able to do more than one mission. Photo complete status is stored by mission name. Camera or plane should be able to store more than one photo complete status. As many status locations as potential missions. Our example above was Mission 1 - Mission 6.

Edited by JG1_Butzzell
  • Upvote 3

Please …. give me everything! I'll be good. I promise. PLEASE!

please.gif.ba5c5161e04b4db41e071b0f800356d3.gif

For starters a fairly complete plane set like Flanders has.

• Upvote 4