Sign in to follow this  
Rudull

Force limit G

Hello, I hope the theme fits here, otherwise I apologize. I don't know the details of the new implementation of the G-forces well, but I must say that I love it.

However, I've been wondering if he's modeling the anti-G suit for North American planes? 🤔
I think that if so, this could appear better as a modification for the plane and at the same time take into account its weight

Another thing I wonder is if the operation of these suits has been taken into account, since being the first generations in addition to heavy were slow to react, so the pilot could not suddenly pull the lever more if he could hold munas more G´s for a longer time since when throwing quickly the suit was not enough to inflate with enough speed to compensate the forces G at that time

I don't know if these factors and the anti-G suits are being taken into account so I don't know if the position of the pilot in the 109's and 190's has been taken into account since these planes had a more inclined pilot position allowing the pilot even without anti G suit tolerate more strength

sure all this they know and more, without care. so not to fill that [edited] text asking what it would be good to better define the operation of the G suit in the simulator as well as having the possibility of having it as a modification and the relative position of the pilots in the seat

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language

9 hours ago, Rudull said:

I don't know if the position of the pilot in the 109's and 190's has been taken into account since these planes had a more inclined pilot position allowing the pilot even without anti G suit tolerate more strength

Good question.

15 hours ago, Rudull said:

I think that if so, this could appear better as a modification for the plane and at the same time take into account its weight

No, that's a terrible idea. G-suits were standard issue equipment for American pilots. 

• Upvote 2

Found this interesting video on YT: they seemed to be very efficient.

Edited by Caudron431Rafale
  • Upvote 1

I hope G-suits not = like Superman-Suits

S G-suites ?

Edited by RAY-EU

On 10/22/2019 at 9:18 AM, L3Pl4K said:

Good question.

The incline in the 109s seat, which is smaller than often dreamed of, it so tiny as to be of nearly no benefit whatsoever. The F-16s seat is significantly more inclined (they are not even the same ballpark) and it only gives you about a half a G. G suits add about 1.5G.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, YIPPEE said:

The incline in the 109s seat, which is smaller than often dreamed of, it so tiny as to be of nearly no benefit whatsoever. The F-16s seat is significantly more inclined (they are not even the same ballpark) and it only gives you about a half a G. G suits add about 1.5G.

If an aircraft modeled in this game, have a incline seat, the benefit should be modeled. Even when it is only 0.1 G for example.

19 hours ago, L3Pl4K said:

If an aircraft modeled in this game, have a incline seat, the benefit should be modeled. Even when it is only 0.1 G for example.

What is the point if you cant notice it? I mean by the same token I dont mind if they do model it, but it hardly worth gripping over something that doesnt matter.

Is there somewhere some info about the efficiency of the inclined seat, describing the advantages in numbers of G somewhere?

I'm all for modelling them if it is not already done, because otherwise some people will talk about it endlessly, for some it already starts to feed a sort of delusion of persecution. The Bias card has been played so many times...

Growing complaints about the so called superman suit will lead to more whine eventually leading to forbid the use of G suits for US fighter. (Same phenomenon has already be observed in the development of another WW2 Mustang module.)

Well, I didn't mention the F-16 of course. However, it seems that 1.5 is a big difference. If in 109 it is a little bit, why not? and in 190 another little more then even better. Won't you notice the difference? well how to know if it is not modeled?
however, I only reflect ... and it seems that something served in those times or then because these high-speed airplanes could rotate more than others, if it were not for this reason this advantage would never have exploded.
Now, why not model damage to the suit's pressurization systems?
of course the idea is to save the most correct point and not prove that you are right

If i understood Yippee post he says the the seat provides for less than half a G not 1.5G that would be provided by the G suit system. Also some aircraft having the G suit system would also benefit somewhat from reclined seat.

I am all for modelling damage to complex systems (we have already oxygen failures IIRC), anti g suit, but also Kommandogerät-like devices should be exposed to damage just like automated engine and automated cooling systems.

Not to forget the slats equipped aircraft : it seems that those (slats) should be damaged and destroyed too as im sure they were sometimes during combat. It could be nice to see aircraft with damaged slats trying to turn or to fly straight at high speeds  losing control because of  assymetrical/erratic deployment of a damaged slat. Given the nature of the system, i'm sure slats don't need much energy to be completely broken or severly damaged, i'm not sure they would survive more than a 20mm or a couple 12.7 mm hits. For some reasons slats seem to be indestructible unlike  flaps (at least when hit by ammo lol).

Those topics always give me some ideas, i will create a new topice about damage of slats and automated devices.

On 10/27/2019 at 1:37 AM, L3Pl4K said:

How would we know that they haven't modeled this already? Its so small it would be impossible to notice, expecially with the variable responses to G based on the physiology system we have.

On 10/29/2019 at 12:18 AM, Rudull said:

Won't you notice the difference? well how to know if it is not modeled?

Because you cant tell the difference in game right now of 0.1G.  Also look at a EM chart and tell me a fraction of a G matter in most cases. I am not opposed to modeling it, but complaining about it not being there is like complaining about not modeling pilot blood loss from a paper cut.

• Haha 1