361st_Bugsy

BUGSY'S P-51 SKINS

I met and talked to Buck and Bill a couple times at 352ndFG reunions. They were both down to earth guys, readily talking about their service. And both retired generals, one a three star the other a two star. 

• Like 1

Bugsy,

Great skins.  Any chance you could see your way to do more skins of the 55thFG, 343rd FS?  In particular the "Cape Cod Express" or the "The Millie J"?

• Upvote 1

OK Gents

Here's another of the 352nd FG The Blue Nose Bastards...."Stinky2" flown by Capt. William J Stangel. I gave you 2 versions of this one, 1 with a OD green mirror and one with a silver mirror. you can choose.

Download Here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/11dxr4guiqtnr8x/352nd_Stinky2.zip/file

Stinky2.jpg

Stinky2-002.jpg

Image5.jpg

@Deacon352nd Thats cool man....Im going to do the Sweet n Lovely next I just need some pics though of the wording to get the best for the nose...

@Falcon41 I plan on it they are in the pipe line for sure bud...

Edited by 361st_Bugsy
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Don't worry Falcon41, I'm keep beating him like a dead horse to get the 343rdFS skins out of him, The Millie P, DA QUAKE, Miss Marilyn II, Cape Cod and Honey Rose II. Didn't take too long to get Gunfighter out of him... he's workin like one of Santa's elves in the the skin workshop..............  :)

Cheers

Hoss

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just need good pics of them guys...If you want them, then just post me some good pics of the nose art!

It is hard to find the decals in a really high Resolution on the Internet. I really don´t know how you skinners find all those stuff.

Maybe this here is too low in res?!

24-P51-21-2.jpg

gallery_78443_1160_138646.jpg

99c74ee062a2dd3daea8194e7348c007.jpg

file_658164.jpg

p-51_miss_marilyn_ii_0b4f5dfb-42a4-45c3-a7c0-9906317e690f_1024x1024.jpg

tripp51gathering-miss_marilyn.jpg

Mostly we find Profiles, Book Art or color photos, But if needed then we have to make them by hand which takes an extremely long amount of time...but the end results are your compliments.

:good:

Edited by 361st_Bugsy
  • Thanks 1

Hey Gents

Here's Miss Marilyn, Ill have her ready for you by tomorrow night, putting on the finishing touches, just hang in there..Boys!

2019-12-15-3-9-43.jpg

Edited by 361st_Bugsy
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

As always beautiful work and for sure an eye catching one!

Love those yellow green colors.

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

Wow....so amazing the Miss Marilyn II !!!

Great job and I really love it, thanks again very much Bugsy.

Np guys I’ll have it ready but unfortunately my job has me here in my office till I get home late tonight so I will have her ready for ya by tomorrow afternoon promise

I've never been a fan of that paint scheme but your skin looks incredibly lifelike. Excellent job.

• Like 1

Bugsy,

Fantastic skins!  I can’t provide any more info on the skins other than that already given to you by ”Spitfirejoe”.  I love the skins and think they are some of the best to come out of that era.  Many thanks for your efforts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My pleasure...I am looking at the tail sections of the planes so if anyone can find some different shots of the bottoms or the tops of those 2 planes that would be great!

The "Millie G" had a white stripe on each stabilizer/elevator section, On the top definitaly, I am not sure if the stripe was on the lower side aswell, hard to see and hard to find Pictures of the lower side.

ace21341a0869048563f4bc967d44711.jpg

cy-g2.jpg

CY-G%20The%20Millie%20G%20P-51D%20IWM.jpg

Edited by spitfirejoe

This graphic of "The Cape Cod Express" states that it had white stripes on the top and black stripes on the bottom side of the tail and that would be the same for "The Millie G".

I guess that is most probably how it was.

RAPTORATTACKER made his "Miss Velma" top and bottom with white Stripes, I am not sure if that is historically correct!? The MISS VELMA, which still flies today has at least black stripes on the lower side, white on top.

p-51d-mustang-cape-cod-express-capt-chester-coggeshall-jr-343rd-fighter-squadron-55th-fighter-group-1944.jpg

miss-velma-under.jpg

Edited by spitfirejoe

For Sure, Thanks Gents I thought that the under side were silver with black lines but they are all different in their own way. A couple of them had solid green top and bottom with different colored lines...This is perfect thanks for the help.

OK Gents sorry media file was giving me a hard time. The above link is fixed for Miss Marilyn..Enjoy!

guys please redownload the link from Miss Marilyn the dds file is no good the link is now fixed. Thanks

@spitfirejoe @FlyingShark and @Swingthanks mate

Edited by 361st_Bugsy
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank YOU Bugsy for doing all those nice skins and now my all time favorite 343rd Squadron skins, just amazing, makes the sim even much better than it is already.

Here's one more update on the Millie G...I should have her out sometime tomorrow

2019-12-17-1-30-19.jpg

• Like 2

Like😐

more to like😉

much much more to like😁

Thanks Bugsy,

dont know what to say, i am speechless.

Wonderful work!:salute:

OK Gents

Here's the "Millie G" from the 55th FG, 343rd FS. Flown by Major Edward B. Giller, CO of the 343rd Fighter Squadron, 55th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force. Enjoy folks!

I gave you 2 different versions of the plane.

MillieG.jpg

CY-G-The-Millie-G-P-51-D-44-14985.jpg

Download here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xafa2zivv7hcwvd/343rd_FS_MillieG.zip/file

Updated the red Millie G with new Alpha. 12/20/2019

Edited by 361st_Bugsy
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bugsy,

These skins are incredible and you do them so quickly!  My hats off to you, really GREAT WORK.  By the way I noticed something I've never seen before with your skins when I selected "Red" Millie G the portions of the skin that were supposed to be yellow showed up as a brassy yellow and were highly reflective.  Not being a skinner I believe you might want to look into this.  I also went back and checked the "Green Millie G and it appeared to be OK; however, I also noticed that the squadron lettering on the "Red" Millie G appeared to be polished metal instead of white.

Edited by Falcon41
Correction to comment
  • Upvote 1

A lot of work for you bur a lot of thanks from me and I hope all others that get to use the results of this "gragantuose" work, many thanks. :salute::salute:

Here ya go Gents!

Another of the 55th FG,  The P-51 “ Mustang ” P-51D-15-NA s/n 44-15608 “Cape Cod Express” flown by Capt. Chester Coggeshall Jr. 343rd Fighter Squadron, 55th Fighter Group RAF Wormingford (AAF-159), England, 1944.

12.jpg

CY-T-Cape-Cod-Express-P-51-D-44-15608.jp

Download Here:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/g54ov2n9sjgt1et/343rd_FS_Cape_Cod_Express.dds/file

Edited by 361st_Bugsy
  • Like 3

Really nice, all those 343rd you made. Thanks very much Bugsy, happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you.

• Like 1