meplanes1969

Ground hits spikes

Does anyone know the name of the effects file that creates the ground hits effects ( it’s in the particles,graphics )

I can not find the one that effects that anyone’s help would be much help,

6266DC7A-6A43-4E82-920E-01B0CF318B42.jpeg

10678783-1B7B-4910-99FC-7A9C1BF47DC7.jpeg

Edited by meplanes1969
Pics

Just some general ww2 effects pics, what I can see in watching gun camera footage off ground attacks,

( I see the bouncing tracers which is very well done in the game )

what I do see is white puffs on impact with the ground and sparks when hitting objects )

D86AB77D-870D-4281-BB00-5C3F54983C06.png

CC845928-2F83-4564-A46E-CEE3390D5E79.png

F1CB8E76-D195-4047-96D3-D8296BA4BE6E.jpeg

48FF73CA-D510-45BA-9AD5-36123600BE98.png

By the way the middle one is not a meteor strike, it’s a ww2 plane crash

Yes I have found the file I am looking for

its nwhitesmoke8su changing this made it horrible white spikes like snow,which looks awful, it’s more off a brown dirt puff that’s implemented in the game.

i think the bullet hit spikes on the ground can be improved a lot ( they just do not look right plus the fact they only last for one burst, then they stop showing up)

I will look online see if I can find a dds file somewhere that makes bullet hit spikes look better.

i would like to change making the bullets hits last longer, but I do not like messing with that aspect off the game effects

11 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

Yes I have found the file I am looking for

its nwhitesmoke8su changing this made it horrible white spikes like snow,which looks awful, it’s more off a brown dirt puff that’s implemented in the game.

i think the bullet hit spikes on the ground can be improved a lot ( they just do not look right plus the fact they only last for one burst, then they stop showing up)

I will look online see if I can find a dds file somewhere that makes bullet hit spikes look better.

i would like to change making the bullets hits last longer, but I do not like messing with that aspect off the game effects

As I know you can't edit the effect files ie (.efx files and -EPL files) because they are encoded (until you have a program that you can open them!) And I guess time duration is defined in .efx files.

I guess the ground hit spikes will have to stay the same until the devs decide to change them.

they are rather tame I think, and could be improved a lot.

i did change the ground puffs smoke effects,but it messed up other smoke effects in the game.

i would also like to see better exploding planes ( fuel tanks ) 

if we had a pacific in the next installment ( Japanese planes mostly had no self sealing fuel tanks and blow up really easy )

for those who are interested in different fire smoke effects.

the dark fire is industrial,the white smoke apartment fire.

D55C4559-BD1D-4B21-A23E-E3076BEDCB4F.jpeg

3843C255-A8BB-4B0C-8FE9-AB92256DF8B8.jpeg