Jump to content
Jason_Williams

Discussion about Yak-9, Yak-9T and Hurricane Collector Planes Announcement

Recommended Posts

I was pretty much expecting the new collectors aircraft to be for the Eastern front in order to balance out the new additions showing they had not completely abandoned the russian front

(as the Russian community is very large and many of them might be less interested in the Western front)

and in terms of the eastern front the Yak 9 and the Hurricane Mk II and very logical editions as they both played significant roles on the Eastern front

and were two aircraft that were missing from the 1941-1943 eastern front aircraft roster.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If my MTB allows me, i'll take both (or all 3).

Sooooo PTO announcement next as we all know it, but what battle we'll get first....Midway, Okinawa, Solomons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

SBD with a four-bladed prop.

Gotta be a great movie if they can't even make a correct poster...

 Hollywood's laziness when it comes to even basic historical details really makes me mad to be perfectly honest.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the news of the Hurri and Yaks 9's - Take My Moneh!

Love the Eastern Front Air War - from someone who grew up knowing nothing of it until later in life.  For air wars it is Battle of Britain, Eastern Front, Med and Island Hopping through the South Pacific.

 

On the subject of films - a recent once I saw which I liked - Lancaster Skies.

Not fighter orientated but I thought well done.

 

Pearl Harbor  - the recent version - long winded puke.  Take Tora! Tora! Tora! any day and the original BoB was one I saw as a kid on a re-screening at the local cinema and my parents saw the filming of it and almost drove of the road whilst on their Honeymoon.

 

Also remember the series Black Sheep Squadron back in the day.  Loved the Corsairs. 👍

 

Goto watch some of the Eastern Front stuff available on YT.  On my stays in Russia and Ukraine I have enjoyed the old Soviet films of the War and other and would be interesting to see the more recent stuff they have worked on for the VVS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, blitze said:

Pearl Harbor  - the recent version - long winded puke.  Take Tora! Tora! Tora! any day and the original BoB was one I saw as a kid on a re-screening at the local cinema and my parents saw the filming of it and almost drove of the road whilst on their Honeymoon.

 

I watched Pearl Harbor on TV and It was a joke. Tora Tora Tora is a good movie. I like how it shows the battle from both sides. Its kind of like the Longest Day of the PTO.

Edited by Motherbrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is fantastic!

 

We'll need early western Allied planes as well in the future, and Africa:pioneer:  or the BoB.:big_boss:

 

Who knows what they'll got in store for us. Really glad this game is pumping out consecutively content after content, for non-crazy prices, on really great maps. Take note, DCS.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes me think of some faux campaigns ...

 

Use western Stalingrad (again ... now that the Americans and Brits have cleared the area :) ) to extend the eastern front into 1944

Use Kuban to create a 1941 Battle of Britain campaign with the Hurricane II, Spitfire Mk V, Me109 F2, Me110E, He111, Ju88, Ju87D.  All the right planes in the wrong year :) 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Makes me think of some faux campaigns ...

 

Use western Stalingrad (again ... now that the Americans and Brits have cleared the area :) ) to extend the eastern front into 1944

Use Kuban to create a 1941 Battle of Britain campaign with the Hurricane II, Spitfire Mk V, Me109 F2, Me110E, He111, Ju88, Ju87D.  All the right planes in the wrong year :) 

 

 

Before PTO was delayed,  I was fixing to use Kuban for a short Darwin campaign (P-40's vs Zero) if the Zero was released early enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

 

Before PTO was delayed,  I was fixing to use Kuban for a short Darwin campaign (P-40's vs Zero) if the Zero was released early enough.

The Darwin map was one of my favourites from 46, and I made so many missions with p-40’s vs zeros! Great fun!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

All the right planes in the wrong year :)

 

.... and place. But it would feel similar indeed! Funny to think how almost all the elements are there already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New planes are great, will buy them all.

 

New midway film will be infinitely worse than the existing midway film.

 

Midway would be a terrible next expansion, a battle that is so short has no depth to be an expansion. I cannot fathom requesting it as the next title. 

 

Far better to do guadalcanal, and coral sea (simple map, no land required) bolted on for longevity.

 

Anyway, i digress,  new planes are good....

 

Edited by DD_fruitbat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nonsense!

 

No Yak so far has duralumin longeron construction or a 37mm canon!

 

The cg of the Yak9T and wing rigidity and shape should make the FM somewhat different.

 

As far as i am concerned fantastic news Many thanks to the Dev Team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 2:45 AM, TeufelHunden said:

why are we going back to more russian planes? 


Because Soviet planes are cool?

10 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

 

Before PTO was delayed,  I was fixing to use Kuban for a short Darwin campaign (P-40's vs Zero) if the Zero was released early enough.


Perhaps you could use MC.202s as faux Ki-61s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DD_fruitbat said:

Midway would be a terrible next expansion, a battle that is so short has no depth to be an expansion. I cannot fathom requesting it as the next title. 

Longer than Operation Bodenplatte...

And that module also depicts half a year of operations around its name giving battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a great fan of PTO expansion, but a Midway only expansion would be disappointing. I'd still buy it, but one would hope that with the addition of carriers, some other bases would be mapped for attack, e.g. Rabaul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eisenfaustus said:

Longer than Operation Bodenplatte...

And that module also depicts half a year of operations around its name giving battle. 

So tell me, what happened at midday before and after the 3 days of the battle????

 

As opposed to what happened on the bodenplatte map before and after the 'battle', ie a hell of a lot🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty hyped about the Yaks to be honest. This is the Yak of all Yaks for me and a plane I've been waiting for a long time. 

 

I hope they do split the Yak into two planes. Not only because I would buy three collector planes instead of two, but I think they could do a great job milking some more variants out of two models instead of just one.

Edited by Danziger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DD_fruitbat said:

Midway would be a terrible next expansion, a battle that is so short has no depth to be an expansion. I cannot fathom requesting it as the next title

 

Isn't this pretty much true for all carrier engagements? IIRC no carrier battle lasted more then just a few days, so under your logic not one of those famous battles merits a BoX. And I would sure like to see that someday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, danielprates said:

 

Isn't this pretty much true for all carrier engagements? IIRC no carrier battle lasted more then just a few days, so under your logic not one of those famous battles merits a BoX. And I would sure like to see that someday!


Not one of them. But Pearl Harbour, Wake Island, the Coral Sea, and Midway in one game is another story.

 

I mean, you could have all four with just one standard 8 plane + 2 premium plane set:

 

IJN

A6M2-21

B5N2

D3A1

G4M1


USN/USMC/USAAF

F4F-3/4

P-40 B

SBD

TBD

 

Premium

F2A-3

P-36 A

 

 

Edited by [Pb]Cybermat47
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:


Not one of them. But Pearl Harbour, Wake Island, the Coral Sea, and Midway in one game is another story.

 

I mean, you could have all four with just one standard 8 plane + 2 premium plane set:

 

IJN

A6M2-21

B5N2

D3A1

G4M1


USN/USMC/USAAF

F4F-3/4

P-40 B

SBD

TBD

 

Premium

F2A-3

P-36 A

 

I love this idea. U would just changed the P36 for the Avenger to later replace the Devastator.

 

I also understand that maps with so much water bodies and almost no need to change seasons could be make faster. So, I totally agree with you .... Pearl Harbour, Wake, Coral Sea, Midway should come all together.

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had a chance to chime in on this thread yet but I wanted to say that I'm very excited about getting the Yak-9 and the Hurricane Mark II. While I thought that maybe we'd be getting some Bodenplatte era aircraft, I can also see the logic here.

 

I'm very interested to see what variations the team can make with both types. The Hurricane is mostly about armament and I'd love to see everything from the IIA through to the 40mm Vickers S carrying IID if they can swing it (yes the Soviets received a few of these) plus the very cool Russian field modifications. The same thing with the Yak-9. I know they confirmed  the Yak-9T but I'm interested to see if they do anything more obscure like the Yak-9K with a 45mm cannon or the Yak-9B with the internal bomb bay. The 9B in particular was terrible from my understanding but I'd still fly it :)

 

Regardless, I'm very excited about these options that expand the scope of content already released.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:


Not one of them. But Pearl Harbour, Wake Island, the Coral Sea, and Midway in one game is another story.

 

I mean, you could have all four with just one standard 8 plane + 2 premium plane set:

 

IJN

A6M2-21

B5N2

D3A1

G4M1


USN/USMC/USAAF

F4F-3/4

P-40 B

SBD

TBD

 

Premium

F2A-3

P-36 A

 

 

My opinion also, if they go for Midway it will probably be more then just Midway battle, but well hopefully know in month time whats next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for thinking about the bomber pilots ....
We don't get new bombers, but we get new fighters to get us down.

 

 

regards

Edited by Ala13_Antiguo
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Not one of them. But Pearl Harbour, Wake Island, the Coral Sea, and Midway in one game is another story.

 

I mean, you could have all four with just one standard 8 plane + 2 premium plane set:

 

There are the ships too, but they also were pretty much the same on those engagements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ala13_Antiguo said:

Thanks for thinking about the bomber pilots ....
We don't get new bombers, but we get new fighters to get us down.

 

 

regards

 

Does it really matter what you get shot down in? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news chaps. I have already determined my priorities to get as soon as possible:

 

Priority 1:

Yak 9 T

Priority 2:

Hurricane

Priority 3:

Yak 9

 

I may switch 2 and 3 around at short notice.

Edited by Luger1969

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 8:41 PM, cardboard_killer said:

 

They've been released already.

Nope. Those are in premium pack.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ala13_Antiguo said:

Thanks for thinking about the bomber pilots ....
We don't get new bombers, but we get new fighters to get us down.

 

 

regards

 

I believe the big challenge in the PTO is to how the torpedoes :pilot:

We all will have a lot of fun with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I'm very interested to see what variations the team can make with both types. The Hurricane is mostly about armament and I'd love to see everything from the IIA through to the 40mm Vickers S carrying IID if they can swing it (yes the Soviets received a few of these) plus the very cool Russian field modifications. The same thing with the Yak-9. I know they confirmed  the Yak-9T but I'm interested to see if they do anything more obscure like the Yak-9K with a 45mm cannon or the Yak-9B with the internal bomb bay. The 9B in particular was terrible from my understanding but I'd still fly it :)

 

This is along the lines of what I've been thinking too :good: much in the same way as we have the Fw-190A-8 that can be an F-8 or G-8 with options.

 

The Yak-9B would be pretty interesting with the 4 x (32 x 1.5kg) PTAB cassettes, although possibly not so much for the Tiger jockey's out there :) 

 

Any which way, all an instant purchase for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:


Not one of them. But Pearl Harbour, Wake Island, the Coral Sea, and Midway in one game is another story.

 

I mean, you could have all four with just one standard 8 plane + 2 premium plane set:

 

IJN

A6M2-21

B5N2

D3A1

G4M1


USN/USMC/USAAF

F4F-3/4

P-40 B

SBD

TBD

 

Premium

F2A-3

P-36 A

 

 

I agree, put all the pacific battles in a package, you missed the solomons, and the the Mariannes turkey shoot, with AI Kamakasis ... and the F4U Corsairs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onlyforbrian said:

I agree, put all the pacific battles in a package, you missed the solomons, and the the Mariannes turkey shoot, with AI Kamakasis ... and the F4U Corsairs 


You’d probably need a whole new planeset for those battles.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S! 

 

Surely will get the planes, if it helps to bring more in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a great fan of these planes, but I will buy them all to support the devs and this great sim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ala13_Super6_1 said:

I will not buy any more of the same, tired of so much yak

 

We have 3 Yaks. As a comparison, we have 8 Bf-109s, and 4 Fw-190s (one of which represents about 3 different variants with mods)

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, onlyforbrian said:

the the Mariannes turkey shoot, with AI Kamakasis ... and the F4U Corsairs 

 

There were no kamikazes at the Battle of the Philippine Sea, nor any Corsairs.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cardboard_killer said:

 

There were no kamikazes at the Battle of the Philippine Sea, nor any Corsairs.

There were no yaks in the battle of Bodenplatte either, but we could do "What if" flights if we wanted, so what's your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

 

I love this idea. U would just changed the P36 for the Avenger to later replace the Devastator.

 

I also understand that maps with so much water bodies and almost no need to change seasons could be make faster. So, I totally agree with you .... Pearl Harbour, Wake, Coral Sea, Midway should come all together.

 

Or they could start with Midway on its own then instead of Collector planes have Collector maps... Coral Sea would have to be a freebie though ;).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...