Jason_Williams

Discussion about Yak-9, Yak-9T and Hurricane Collector Planes Announcement

A very nice surprise getting the Hurricane. 
Thank you

I hope this will bring more early war servers along. 
I liked it better when I was able to bail out or jump than getting blown to smithereens 

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Upvote 2

Money, pocket, hole in, burning

1 minute ago, AlienAlienzo said:

After leaving the cinema on November 8, your soul saturated with hype will start the forum and read the Battle of Midway announcement. Then you will experience double penetration.

Aaaand first clear flaw in the 4-bladed prop. Do people get off on screwing with history in such an obviously retarded fashion?

1 hour ago, dburne said:

So looking forward to this movie!

I am always a bit sceptic seeing art like this. A four prop dauntless

Definitely will get the Hurri even though I won't be flying it much I guess.

The Yaks though - booooring 😉

Great to see though that new planes are coming, one won't always get what one wants but there will be something for everybody down the line. 👍

15 minutes ago, AlienAlienzo said:

After leaving the cinema on November 8, your soul saturated with hype will start the forum and read the Battle of Midway announcement. Then you will experience double penetration.

If I am the penetrator (nor the penetrated) I could handle it ;)

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan

17 minutes ago, AlienAlienzo said:

Aaaand first clear flaw in the 4-bladed prop. Do people get off on screwing with history in such an obviously retarded fashion?

19 minutes ago, E69_geramos109 said:

What it is the diference between the yak9 and the yak1B? 

Visualy the have differant radiators and wings, performance yak-9 is faster at higher alts, and slightly better in turns.

Spoiler

Their WIP pic to compare:

Yak-9

Yak9_5.jpg

Yak-1B

02.jpg

Yak-9

Yak9_4.jpg

Yak-1B:

01.jpg

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Thanks 1

So since the split between Yak9 and Yak9T as a package still seems undecided, what would be most sensible?

Yak9 could be modified into 9B and 9D

Yak9T could have modifications into 9K (easy) 9M and maybe 9U?

At least, as far as I can recall in terms of similarity.

I feel this could reasonably make 9 and 9T be sold separately, possibly with these modifications added later. .

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, =RvE=Windmills said:

So since the split between Yak9 and Yak9T as a package still seems undecided, what would be most sensible?

Yak9 could be modified into 9B and 9D

Yak9T could have modifications into 9K (easy) 9M and maybe 9U?

At least, as far as I can recall in terms of similarity.

I feel this could reasonably make 9 and 9T be sold separately, possibly with these modifications added later. .

Yes probably they could add as modifications to Yak-9, to be D and B(more work), and for Yak-9T modifications for K and M (more work), but U is totaly new type its more similar to Yak-3 then Yak-9T or Yak-9. So if they decide to sell Yak-9 and Yak-9T separatly, i hope they consider modifications of B,D with Yak-9 and K,M with Yak-9T. But thats just us being greedy 😄

EDIT:

And for future late war east front DLCs they dont have to be scared of not having other types as even if they offer all that with Yak-9s, there is still La-7, Yak-3, Yak-9U, P-39Q to have , so no risk like with axis fighters on offering to mutch as collectables and not having then for DLCs.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

According to the Yak-9 technical description, the moved back cockpit (plus inclined antenna mast) was included in the standard Yak-9 from series 25 onwards. The pointed wingtips were included from series 34 onwards. In the WIP 3D model I see a forward cockpit with a straight antenna mast (i.e. early series Yak-9) and a pointed wingtip (i.e. late series Yak-9). Can someone please shed some light onto this?

13 minutes ago, Eisenfaustus said:

Yes - because those details decide about the entertainment value of a movie...

1969 Battle of Britain had buchons for emils and rc stukas that couldn't do proper dive attacks. Nevertheless a great movie and the best I've seen about WWII airial warfare. 

Pearl Harbors problem in my opinion was neither German daylight bombing of England in 1941 nor green zeros in December 41 but it's very badly written love triangle. 

And red tails unrealistic dogfights are fun to watch action sequences but it is the terrible dialogue that prevents me from seeing it ever again. 

I really hope that midway will be a good movie! If midway and masters of the air prevail, they might bring some interest back into WWII aviation which can only be good for our hobby. 

And indeed - announcing il2 battle of midway at the release of a major Hollywood blockbuster with the dame theme would be a good marketing strategy. 

Looking forward to both

1) It does - for me. If somebody can't care about getting a supposedly "historical" or "accurate" movie right in terms of airplanes used, then they can't bet on my money.

We're not living in the 1960s anymore and it doesn't take longer than 5s to figure out how many prop-blades an SBD does have. Half-arsed marketing approach.

2) Tora Tora Tora and BoB were superior movies because they had depth of character and not just a "pulled out of the bum" story and Michael Bay explosions.

3) Hopefully not. Battle of Midway is one of the lesser interesting PTO battles. There's no use in wasting resources into a campaign that is over after 5 missions in less than three days.

I would certainly think twice about spending bucks there.

/thread-drift:

Those new collector airplanes do look nice. Hopefully purchasing those will help fund other airplanes/ theaters of operation.

Like a strafer-nosed B-25 over New Guinea/ New Britain. Or a Ki-61, or an early P-38.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Both trailers and posters are created by people at the corporate level. They often have little relation or input from the directors and producers. Directors often complain about trailers for their own movies for this reason. While I complained when I first saw the poster several months ago, I realized some contract graphic designer with no aviation background probably put this together. The trailer isn’t great but it isn’t terrible either and can be considered the “alpha” build in our vernacular. I’m gonna watch the movie and see how it stands on its own.

Further,  piggybacking an IL2 Battle of Midway announcement that week would be rediculously awesome if we could pull that off! Couple million dollars in free advertising - maybe a happimeal (sic) toy or Jason and Han bobblehead give-a-way. The possibilities are endless .;)

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

6 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

2) Tora Tora Tora and BoB were superior movies because they had depth of character and not just a "pulled out of the bum" story and Michael Bay explosions.

Absolutely great movies. I still watch them occasionally.

23 hours ago, namhee2 said:

The Yak 9 was also very successfully used by French and Polish pilots. Will these languages be expected in the future? Normandy Niemen campaign for example?

This is something I would like to see since the Yak-1b is available in a collector's plane.

1 hour ago, JtD said:

According to the Yak-9 technical description, the moved back cockpit (plus inclined antenna mast) was included in the standard Yak-9 from series 25 onwards. The pointed wingtips were included from series 34 onwards. In the WIP 3D model I see a forward cockpit with a straight antenna mast (i.e. early series Yak-9) and a pointed wingtip (i.e. late series Yak-9). Can someone please shed some light onto this?

Afaik the moved back cockpit and inclined antenna mast corresponds to the Yak-9M, and the more squared off/leading edge pointed wingtip was a feature from the first Yak-9s

For example this photo is from Yak-9Ds, they still have the earlier style canopy and mast placement, but you can notice the squared/pointy wingtips

file.php?id=1360396

Some more info here

https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/yak179/yaks-matvienko/yaks-matvienko.htm

http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Research/Yakovlev/FuelGauges/index.php

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sevenless said:

Absolutely great movies. I still watch them occasionally.

Funny how today the tech available can produce movies that look so much better, but the rest (above all the story) only gets poorer and shallower.

I expect this new Midway movie to be  bad as the last pearl harbor movie.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

1) It does - for me. If somebody can't care about getting a supposedly "historical" or "accurate" movie right in terms of airplanes used, then they can't bet on my money.

We're not living in the 1960s anymore and it doesn't take longer than 5s to figure out how many prop-blades an SBD does have. Half-arsed marketing approach.

I'm fully with you on 2), which in my point of view somehow contradicts 1). 

Story telling, character writing and talent are way more important for the quality of a movie than perfect authenticity of equipment shown. The latter is a cool addition but neither will it make a bad movie good nor the lack of it a good movie bad.

But your right - back to topic: the planes are very interesting, but since they were already known, I'm still way more thrilled about what will come after Bodenplatte :)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, danielprates said:

I expect this new Midway movie to be  bad as the last pearl harbor movie.

Yep, that is also my fear. Somehow a mixture between Pearl Harbour and Red Tails. I would love to be proven wrong.

7 hours ago, 69th_Ustio said:

With all the collector plane available, any chance of a bundle release for collector plane?

thanks

Not typically. They are toys for our pleasure but also vital income for the Dev’s between major releases.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

After reading all the comments on the up-coming release of the 3 collector planes, the old adage springs to mind "You can't please all of the people all of the time but you can please some of the people some of the time."

With the upcoming Hurricane, I think the dev's have actually pleased most of the people. Well done team. My money's in the jar waiting for it's release.   

Not interested in the Yak 9’s. Hardly ever flew them in Il2 1946. More an attempt to balance online skirmishes? The only time I actively flew any of the Russian fighters was career  mode in the original Il2. That was a challenge. Fighting in Rata’s and Mig3’s against 109’s. Very enjoyable and rewarding when you completed a mission against all odds. I’ll still buy the Yak 9’s though. Just to keep the money rolling and the team financed for the next big thing. Hurri’s a no brainer for me for BoB style quick missions against He111’s and 109e’s. So, yes, I’ll buy both the Yak and Hurricane. What has me a bit puzzled is why not concentrate on aircraft missing in Bodenplatte? Hawker Typhoon is a huge MIA for this operation as they were based at  many of the airfields in Holland and Belgium. I understand there are limited recources. Yak and Hurricane could’ve been included later as part of other expansions. Yak 9 in the “Battle for Berlin” and the Hurricane in “Battle for Tubruk” for instance. Happy with what we have so far though. If it wasn’t for Il2 my Rift would be in a closet. Keep up the good work.

Edited by BigC208

Based on the usual business model by 1CGS I was expecting collector planes for latest addon (Bodenplatte). I have no intrest in Hurricane (since it isnt a BOB addon here) and Yak9 is nice but not the one I would pick as first pick.

Just now, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Based on the usual business model by 1CGS I was expecting collector planes for latest addon (Bodenplatte). I have no intrest in Hurricane (since it isnt a BOB addon here) and Yak9 is nice but not the one I would pick as first pick.

So you have to wait and see, if and when they come to the conclusion that some 6-8 collectors for the ETO will bring them some dollars. IMHO their output of collector planes has a lot of room for improvement.

• Upvote 1

Any plane is a good plane.

How more plane, how merrier.

Let them keep coming.

There are never enough planes.

And in the great Battle there are never to much different planes.

Thanks for the good News! :salute:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Based on the usual business model by 1CGS I was expecting collector planes for latest addon (Bodenplatte).

They've been released already.

and in year time they can easy add 1-2 more collectable airplanes for bobp dlc, it was more ergent to add some more east front then more wast front when we just got all bobp airplanes, and in last 2 years only new east front was u-2. This airplane selection is logical move, and Hurri is just good bonus as it was used everywhere.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sevenless said:

Yep, that is also my fear. Somehow a mixture between Pearl Harbour and Red Tails. I would love to be proven wrong.

They could just take that older Midway movie, you know, the one with Henry Fonda, and remaster it with all that current CGI can do foe the combat scenes. It would become the ultimate war movie!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, danielprates said:

They could just take that older Midway movie, you know, the one with Henry Fonda, and remaster it with all that current CGI can do foe the combat scenes. It would become the ultimate war movie!

No. They would screw it up somehow. Just leave Henry Fonda alone.

Indeed, theses are a good choice given their popularity. I am happy for most people out there enjoying flying theses birds.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:40 PM, NHK295M said:

Very good news, thanks a lot for you great job😋 

But i have a couple words about online... It hard to balance missions - not all planes have analog on the other side. Ju-52 can do capture flags or zones with their paratroopers and can do supply missions. Allies have no DC-3 to do similar mission objective. On the over hand Axis have no recon plane like U-2, Fw-189 or something. 

I would like to use U-2 and Ju-52 on my server but how to balance mission objective in that circumstances?

Do you have any plans to add paratrooper/cargo plane for allies and recon plane for axis? Maybe as a collectors planes?

On 10/18/2019 at 10:26 PM, SCG_Riksen said:

Great additions but we still need the Li-2, C-47 and the IAR-80. Those would be very nice as well to complement the expansions.

It has been almost 4 years the Junkers 52 was released, and 4 years without an ally counterpart witch makes some issues.

Luckily, we have many missions builders who using it, but it is scarce.

I lose not hope and hope for a day when Il2 get the c47 or the li2

Fingers crossed.

Il will buy the new collectors planes to support our mighty dev team.

Keep up the great work !

Edited by Nil
  • Upvote 2