Jason_Williams

Discussion about Yak-9, Yak-9T and Hurricane Collector Planes Announcement

1 hour ago, SJ_Butcher said:

More late fighters is what most people want, more fun to fly and combat!

Absolute rubbish!  :P Unless, of course, you are an online ace who actually believes that he is a real one... 

The joy of aircraft is in their differences; learning each of the characteristics and quirks that they have and getting the best out of them. When you buy your Hurri  ;) try it in some dogfights against the 109E... and then reverse the roles. You will actually have to work rather hard I think, unlike some of the other aircraft in the sim.

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 14

2 minutes ago, Red_Cat said:

The joy of aircraft is in their differences

The joy of aircraft is flying the aircraft.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, danielprates said:

The Douglas Bader and others' era. It would be a joy to have that. Allows for some mighty interesting medium bomber action too.

Give the medium bombers the ability to drop prosthetic legs to POW camps!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoteDreizehn said:

>> Yak-9, Yak-9T and Hurricane Mk. II

sry but nothing for me....

Hope for Luftwaffe Collector Planes

Me 163

Arado 234 B-2 

HE 162

HE 219

The 163 is an irrelevant curiosity that had no impact on the war before being rightfully cancelled for being a terrible idea, and the 162 was produced far too late to take part in any real combat. The Ar-234 is the only one of these I can see happening any time soon

• Upvote 1

Thank you team for continuing to provide us with planes, planes,  planes and moar planes.

Thanks for all you do.  Of course you can count on my purchase.

Many here asking for bombers I see, I agree, the development team already has the A-20 flyable and that could have been further developed to add to the current Rhineland map just to give the allied side a dedicated twin engine bomber.  Even without bringing it up to A-20G standard the current model could be added into British and French careers so at least it could be used as is as a temporary solution prior to a possible future update/addition as the A-20G and other versions of the type.;)

A off shoot of that would be the opportunity for earlier war scenarios using the type, combine that with the newly announced Hurricane being added for Britain and Belgium and you expand the use of the existing Europe map to other eras with existing types even if they are not quite the version used in a particular time period, hopefully the Hurricane will feature the eight gun wings as well as the later Russian developed armament, it makes for a win win situation.

Add types to the collectables stable such as the Mosquito, Arado jet, and Me-410 and you further expand the possibilities, throw in a flyable B-25 and C-47 then even without any new maps in the foreseeable future if the team decides to try something different you keep the game ticking over and introduce new possibilities for the campaign/mission designers.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finkeren said:

Because the Eastern Front is the best setting for a combat flight sim.

Speak for yourself.

BTW, up until now they were releasing collector planes which mached to actual expansion.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

An interesting field of operation:

A large formation of the Yak-9DD version was transferred to Bari (the capital of Apulia, in Italy) to help Yugoslav partisans in the Balkans.[

As a Finnish, Hurricane is a great news. Finland did have few HC:s during war, but they were Hurricane 1. But HC 2 is a cool plane. My favourite @ IL2 1946.

There are a million planes we'd like to make, but only a few are possible with the constraints we have to work with. I have to be real and only go after ones I know we can build and from those pick ones that might be fairly popular.

Please lets not make this thread into a big wishlist.

Jason

• Like 3
  • Upvote 14

Jason, I want a Tie fighter. 😁

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

...uh, because the team is based in Russia and has a large Russian clientele. 

Very Large! And I'm buying them all. Probably a couple to give away as well.

Jason,

Will the Hurricane be available in the original eight gun base model (IIA or IIB preferably)?

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

1 hour ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

American Collector Planes 

F14

F15

F16???

nonsense , for this I have an another simulator. Not needed in IL2 . Also the timespan could be false maybe

Edited by RoteDreizehn

Last TAW I really flew a lot the Yak family and it's an amazing fighter. The only drawback is the low top speed around 500kph.

The hurricane will be great if she comes as a solid and stable gun platform as used to be on classic IL2 series. A true bomber killer. The OP-40 can have some rest 😅

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 361ST_SPEKTRE76 said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd like to see the Ju-88C Nachtjäger (or Day version) and the Me-410B-1 Hornisse for the Axis side. For the US side I would like to see the A-26B Invader and B-26G Marauder.

This!

The Ju88C makes more sense for a 43/44 Normandy campaign, so I would substitute the Ju88S/T for Bodenplatte.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

What originally drew me to Il-2 was the GPW area and planes. There were no GPW flight sims here in the USA before Il-2. I'm all in on the theater, and think it fits best for p2p fights.

I actually can't wait to see a Soviet fighter modeled to the higher quality of the Bodenplatte fighters.

23 minutes ago, Thad said:

Jason, I want a Tie fighter. 😁

So do I, but man Last Jedi ruined it for me. :angry:

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17
  • Upvote 15

1 minute ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Oh man...so true :(.  At least we have TIE fighter and X-Wing Alliance.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

Thank you Jason and crew. I have always thought the absence of the Hurricane was a sore spot for BOS & BOM. Finally all of the pieces of the puzzle are coming together. Not sure why you waited so long but I am quite happy for the Hurricane & of course the Yak 9 as well. A day one purchase for me.

S!Blade<><

Great additions but we still need the Li-2, C-47 and the IAR-80. Those would be very nice as well to complement the expansions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Damn it I was hoping for Sopwith Snipe 😉

Just joking, good to see them onboard.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

54 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

BTW, up until now they were releasing collector planes which mached to actual expansion.

As do these. 

Hurricane is a great fit for BoM and Yak-9 fits BoK and last part of BoS like a glove. 

• Upvote 1

We all 'knew' about the Hurricane, but it's great to finally get the confirmation.

I'll be getting all 3 as soon as they're available.

The massively prolific Yak-1 to 3 lines and Yak-7 to 9 lines rightly deserve some more attention. Good choice. Here's to my first flight in both Yak-9 airframes :drinks:

The Hurricane II is going to be the real star of the show for me though. It was being shipped all over the world while early Spitfires could barely make it out of the factory fast enough to backfill an expanding Fighter Command. It was best the British could make relative to the demands of raising a modern fighter force simultanously on three continents.

Consider them all pre-ordered as soon as the store lists them.

PS: When it's released; can I have mine catapulted off a CAM Ship as a Hurricane I, and get it re-engined to MkIIA standard in Russia?

image.thumb.png.153af9cb7bf617321ba4fc1636751937.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J_Walkur said:

Will these be added to the Careers already in place?

Yes!

Hurri on Moscow and Stalingrad whereas the Yak9 to Kuban iirc

48 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

For most everyone...'sigh'

Looking forward to purchasing and not flying the Yak. ;)

@Jason_Williams Has the team decided if there are going to be modifications that could cover some of the Yak-9 variations? For example extra fuel capacity turning the original Yak-9 into Yak-9D and DD, or turning the 9T into a 9M, one of the workhorses in the later part of the war ^^

The models are looking really good 👍

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

@Jason_Williams Has the team decided if there are going to be modifications that could cover some of the Yak-9 variations? For example extra fuel capacity turning the original Yak-9 into Yak-9D and DD, or turning the 9T into a 9M, one of the workhorses in the later part of the war ^^

The models are looking really good 👍

That would be good idea if they decied to sell Yak-9 and Yak-9T separatly for useal price of collector fighter.

Spoiler

Edited by 77.CountZero

This is wonderful news! Very happy with the chosen air frames. You all are awesome, having a wonderful time with Bodenplatte as well!

Edited by MasterShake

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

There are a million planes we'd like to make, but only a few are possible with the constraints we have to work with. I have to be real and only go after ones I know we can build and from those pick ones that might be fairly popular.

Please lets not make this thread into a big wishlist.

Jason

I know these things tend to end badly, but gonna ask anyways: Would it make sense to share a shortlist of more feasible planes and have the community vote?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

That would be good idea if they decied to sell Yak-9 and Yak-9T separatly for useal price of collector fighter.

I wouldn´t mind. they were different in 3D-shape and that way we will see more variants of both.

Yakovlev_Yak-9_and_Yak-9T_side-view_silh

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3