Jason_Williams

Discussion about Yak-9, Yak-9T and Hurricane Collector Planes Announcement

Finaly Yak-9T, cant wait to try it, good choices for next collector airplanes 

Well I was hoping for the Spitfire mk XVI.

I have to say i'm not dissapointed! The Yak 9 sounds epic and well i'm not a huge fan of the slow Hurricane but it should be maneuvrable as hell so why not.

Guess i'll have to buy flying circus later :)

Any chance to have the significant Soviet biplane modelled into the game one day (I-153)?

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

Just now, Voyager said:

I'll probably be getting the Yak-9, largely because I see it as one of the best plane for new pilots, along with the La-5's. They are just simple, focused fighters that are easy to pick up, yet stay competitive with the stuff that's live now. 

The Hurricane is also a good choice for filling out the British line up. I think we've got enough way war British and German aircraft to do stop-gab Battle of Britain type missions. 

Hurricane IIB and Spit VB vs. 109Fs and Gs would be good for 1941 era channel ops. Spit IX and FW-190 could even come into play later, and A-20s and maybe later B-25s to simulate the cross-channel light bombing raids. Kuban and Rheinland maps could probably be used as a kind of ersatz channel map.

Just now, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Well I was hoping for the Spitfire mk XVI.

I have to say i'm not dissapointed! The Yak 9 sounds epic and well i'm not a huge fan of the slow Hurricane but it should be maneuvrable as hell so why not.

Guess i'll have to buy flying circus later :)

Think of a Hurricane as an I-16 with more stability but crappier roll rate and anemic climb.
/that sounds bad but I love it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

the "I have 0 interest in flying X plane yet I gonna buy it because I love devs and everyone have to do like me, because if they want a specific plane someday, they should keep supporting devs to get it".

Cmon, I know my English is crap but dont do it like you dont understand my point.

I will leave it here anyway, since in this community, specifically old members like you, will never "give up" in a discussion. Cheers

To each his own.

The point stands though.

• Like 2

Very good news, thanks a lot for you great job😋 

But i have a couple words about online... It hard to balance missions - not all planes have analog on the other side. Ju-52 can do capture flags or zones with their paratroopers and can do supply missions. Allies have no DC-3 to do similar mission objective. On the over hand Axis have no recon plane like U-2, Fw-189 or something. 

I would like to use U-2 and Ju-52 on my server but how to balance mission objective in that circumstances?

Do you have any plans to add paratrooper/cargo plane for allies and recon plane for axis? Maybe as a collectors planes?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Think of a Hurricane as an I-16 with more stability but crappier roll rate and anemic climb.
/that sounds bad but I love it

Well Im a huge fan of the I-16 😄

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TeufelHunden said:

why are we going back to more russian planes? 

probably because next DLCs wont have russian or british airplanes, so users who are interested in that side of war can buy new collectable airplanes. Litte of everything for all to buy.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Hurricane IIB and Spit VB vs. 109Fs and Gs would be good for 1941 era channel ops. Spit IX and FW-190 could even come into play later

The unit on the Channel front never really had large numbers of G model because they converted to the FW190 during 1941; the FW190A-3 is actually a good fit for the Channel front between October 1941 (we can use the A-3 as a A-2 stand in) and 1942

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Rjel said:

tenor.gif

;)

Sorry, I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by that picture. 

Great choice, cannot wait to see them in game.:drinks:

Maybe we are at a point now where the current theaters can be expanded with these types of collectors additions to give a little more variety to the existing line up, maybe also adding new nations to the eastern maps would also give us a chance to fly for those countries with existing aircraft, Romania and Hungary come to mind, France also. ;)

Anyway, there can never be enough Hurricanes, build them all I say, you know it makes sense.:thank_you:

Where is the pre-order button Jason, I haven't got much money you need to take it while you can.:lol:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Upvote 3

>> Yak-9, Yak-9T and Hurricane Mk. II

sry but nothing for me....

Hope for Luftwaffe Collector Planes

Me 163

Arado 234 B-2 

HE 162

HE 219

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Elem said:

Why? It's going to be in BoM and BoS.

A nice scripted campaign wouldn't hurt at all. However, instead of BoM or BoS, I'd prefer it to cover other theater,  somewhere up North. Although, if M in BoM is not Moscow, but some other city, then yeah, I want that scripted campaign in BoM setting ;)

Just now, Arthur-A said:

A nice scripted campaign wouldn't hurt at all. However, instead of BoM or BoS, I'd prefer it to cover other theater,  somewhere up North. Although, if M in BoM is not Moscow, but some other city, then yeah, I want that scripted campaign in BoM setting ;)

If Finish mapmakers finish their Leningrad map, you can use it there also, for Murmansk who knows what happend to that user map project, but it dont seam posible.

Great news! I will buy whatever you guys build. I know the high quality will be there. I like that you guys are still filling in the lineup for the Eastern Front.

• Upvote 1

Its a little sad how people are already complaining. I mean the Hurricane has been a plane people have been begging for for a long time now, including myself. And I'm sure the Russian community has been asking for the Yak-9 a lot. Just be glad or be patient. Nobody is forcing you to buy them. And I'm sure more planes are on their bucket list.

Trust me. I have a looooooong time before I ever see the planes on my personal wish list. Like... never. 😢

985a284a2726c3b7c6d601a39c3ca91c.jpg

CR4813%20(6718)%20Curtiss%20A-12%20boxar

large_000000.jpg

Not even for Il-2GB. For pretty much any decent flight sim. Its just the way things are.

Edited by Motherbrain
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RoteDreizehn said:

Me 163

Arado 234 B-2 

HE 162

HE 219

First off, very happy with the new Collector Planes! I cannot wait to skin them. TAKE MY MONEY!

Now for the quote above:

Good luck with those planes. Not a lot of data exists for those. I can maybe see the Me-163B-1a coming (slim chance) but none of the other planes. Plus there are no big bombers for it to take out. Unless somehow through pure magic we get AI B-17G's.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, RoteDreizehn said:

Me 163

Arado 234 B-2 

HE 162

HE 219

Bf 110 F will be more useful.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, 361ST_SPEKTRE76 said:

Good luck with those planes. Not a lot of data exists for those. I can maybe see the Me-163B-1a coming (slim chance) but none of the other planes. Plus there are no big bombers for it to take out. Unless somehow through pure magic we get AI B-17G's.

Yah pretty much. I mean I'd be perfectly happy to see AI only heavy bombers for missions and the like. But for the obscure things I'm interested in its basically a no-go.

11 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

9 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

If Finish mapmakers finish their Leningrad map, you can use it there also, for Murmansk who knows what happend to that user map project, but it dont seam posible.

The Murmansk project stopped in 2015 and the Leningrad project should be ready for release autumn 2020. According their own information.

32 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

Sorry, I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by that picture. 

First and foremost, it was meant as a joke.  I'd guess you never watched Toy Story? 

55 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

the "I have 0 interest in flying X plane yet I gonna buy it because I love devs and everyone have to do like me, because if they want a specific plane someday, they should keep supporting devs to get it".

Cmon, I know my English is crap but dont do it like you dont understand my point.

I will leave it here anyway, since in this community, specifically old members like you, will never "give up" in a discussion. Cheers

Sorry, but the truth really is that nobody understood what you were trying to say. 

He isn't forcing you or telling you to buy anything, either. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Motherbrain said:

Yah pretty much. I mean I'd be perfectly happy to see AI only heavy bombers for missions and the like. But for the obscure things I'm interested in its basically a no-go.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd like to see the Ju-88C Nachtjäger (or Day version) and the Me-410B-1 Hornisse for the Axis side. For the US side I would like to see the A-26B Invader and B-26G Marauder.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, 361ST_SPEKTRE76 said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd like to see the Ju-88C Nachtjäger (or Day version) and the Me-410B-1 Hornisse for the Axis side. For the US side I would like to see the A-26B Invader and B-26G Marauder.

I'd just like to see more bombers in general really. I get that they are two times harder to do. But I typically don't like sims where you can only fly fighters and all the bombers are AI. And I'm typically more of a bomber pilot myself anyway. The solid gun nose version of the Ju-88 would be a nice plane to have. Personally I think they should make the Ju-188 for the Battle of Bodenplatte German bomber. Since they don't seem to get a bomber in this expansion. Unless you count the Me-262 as one.

2-HN-Ac-Hasegawa-Junkers-Ju-188-AE-1.72.

The B-26 would be fantastic as well. With all the chin MGs it has it would be a lot of fun as a ground attacker.

cjiyltyqye111.jpg?auto=webp&s=2000bc0ba8

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Rjel said:

First and foremost, it was meant as a joke.  I'd guess you never watched Toy Story? 

Correct, but I guess we're getting slightly off-topic here:)

• Upvote 1

While these planes should sell well and are definitely a good choice for this sim - I too would like to have a bomber to supplement the late war scenario. B-25D(2) made flyable would be a treat, however B-26 was somehow always neglected in many of the recent sims that I'd chose that one over the others. Ju-188 being my third choice. :)

46 minutes ago, RoteDreizehn said:

Me 163

Arado 234 B-2 

HE 162

HE 219

would be more than enough for me with a Fieseler

or a Me 410

all the extra planes, you will be welcome in my Jason Williams simulator. Be Russian, Finnish, French, American or German. also to maps tanks and planes of Flying Circus. everything will be welcome to me.

What is true, that the de Havilland Mosquito, the B 239 Buffalo, and some German aircraft, such as the Bf109 G10 and the Me 410 Hornisse and many more, are necessary to go further also in other countries that participated as the IAR 81A of Romania.

planes needed:

-de Havilland Mosquito

-B239 Buffalo

-Bf109 G10

-Me 410 Hornisse

-FockeWolf Fw189 uhu

-IAR 81 A/B

• Upvote 6

59 minutes ago, RoteDreizehn said:

Me 163

Arado 234 B-2 

HE 162

HE 219

American Collector Planes 

F14

F15

F16???

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

I'm very happy with the announcement of the Hurricane.

And the Yak 9 and Yak 9T aswell.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

7 minutes ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

American Collector Planes 

F14

F15

F16???

Have fun with DCS!

• Upvote 2

The modeling is further along than i imagined, looking great!

I hope these can enable the development of other collector planes for the soon to be officially released Bodenplatte map!

Thanks a lot guys, great news!

Now, we have Hurris, Warhawks, Spitis, 109Fs, Emils, Stukas, 110s, ju52s...where is our Afrika Korps map?

C'mon, make that Gladiator+CR.42 and G.50 and let's get that mediterranean heat going.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

Thanks a lot guys, great news!

Now, we have Hurris, Warhawks, Spitis, 109Fs, Emils, Stukas, 110s, ju52s...where is our Afrika Korps map?

C'mon, make that Gladiator+CR.42 and G.50 and let's get that mediterranean heat going.

Coming soon, on the CLOD engine..

• Sad 1

Hurricane has been needed as bread and water since the beginning of this sims development.

Yak-9 is sorely needed for VVS as it gives them another late war option to go along with La-5FN.

4 minutes ago, Sharpe43 said:

Have fun with DCS!

I just mean it, this is wwii aircraft game, if someone just continue to ask for jet and super plane, you'd better go to dcs. By the way, super plane cant make you become super pilot.

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

Hurricane IIB and Spit VB vs. 109Fs and Gs would be good for 1941 era channel ops.

The Douglas Bader and others' era. It would be a joy to have that. Allows for some mighty interesting medium bomber action too.

• Upvote 1