gimpy117

Did they change spotting back?

I got on after a week or so and noticed that. one again i'm hunting pixels. did they change it back? I was really enjoying the equalizer against people with deep pockets and 4k monitors the size of the front door

or am i just crazy? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, gimpy117 said:

I got on after a week or so and noticed that. one again i'm hunting pixels. did they change it back? I was really enjoying the equalizer against people with deep pockets and 4k monitors the size of the front door

or am i just crazy? 

There is now an option for alternate visibility that shows the big bright contacts. The devs felt The scaling of contacts we saw at first was overdone so they dialed it back which is now default visibility for expert. Then they brought out alternate visibility for people who liked it immediately post patch as there was a bit of an uproar. Contacts are still visible past 10 km but are no longer scaled up and brightened. Contrails and flashes are visible as well and ships are visible far out too. The setting is server side in MP so the visibility setting is dependant on the server. Most of the people with higher def or bigger screens seem to feel the new normal spotting is poor for them and better for lower res. I don’t know for sure, I am on 1080p. Be advised, the whole thing is a bit of a sore spot so expect a bit of a rough thread incoming lol.

The devs felt The scaling of contacts we saw at first was overdone

Not buying that, than why'd they release it in the first place?  They did not bring out alternate as an option, they brought out expert as the new default unchecked setting and made the original patch release as the alternative checked setting.  Lets at least keep the story straight.

Edited by [CPT]Crunch

29 minutes ago, [CPT]Crunch said:

Not buying that, than why'd they release it in the first place?  They did not bring out alternate as an option, they brought out expert as the new default unchecked setting and made the original patch release as the alternative checked setting.  Lets at least keep the story straight.

i think it was overdone sure, but for a good reason. it really equalized the people with high end systems and lower end rigs (like me) now it feels like I'm back in a situation where dollars can beat me when skill is equal 

besides, unless you're running 4k contacts past 10k are smaller than a pixel. that's basically giving away spotting to people with $$$ 

edit: so they did add a setting, what a crock. giving the game back to the whales with money to spend on huge monitors 

Edited by gimpy117
  • Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, [CPT]Crunch said:

I'm just going by what they said. Han and AnPetrovich both talked about how the spotting after the patch did not reflect reality in their feelings, which is why they went to 'normal' spotting. Then they brought out alternative spotting as an option for people who liked the first update. I don't have special insight into what 'really' happened.

13 minutes ago, gimpy117 said:

i think it was overdone sure, but for a good reason. it really equalized the people with high end systems and lower end rigs (like me) now it feels like I'm back in a situation where dollars can beat me when skill is equal 

besides, unless you're running 4k contacts past 10k are smaller than a pixel. that's basically giving away spotting to people with $$$ 

Guys with 1440 and 4k displays are ironically complaining in several other threads about the normal vis and how it gives advantages to lower resolution like 1080p for the same reason - we both see a pixel at 10-15 km, but theirs is smaller. For a number of reasons, I prefer normal vis, and I have a small monitor at 1080p.

6 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Guys with 1440 and 4k displays are ironically complaining in several other threads about the normal vis and how it gives advantages to lower resolution like 1080p for the same reason - we both see a pixel at 10-15 km, but theirs is smaller. For a number of reasons, I prefer normal vis, and I have a small monitor at 1080p.

normal vis seems like the old way. i HAVE TO ZOOM ALL THE TIME AGAIN. thats crazy they think it's an advantage now 

Edited by gimpy117
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gimpy117 said:

of course it gave advantages over people with 4k monitors....it allowed you to spot them when they used to be practically invisible.

I'm talking about the normal visibility. Not Alt. I think you're overestimating the value of a 4k display.

Like I said, there's a bunch of guys with that gear in other threads right now clamoring for alt visibility just like you. They liked it better than what we have now as default.

7 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I'm talking about the normal visibility. Not Alt. I think you're overestimating the value of a 4k display.

Like I said, there's a bunch of guys with that gear in other threads right now clamoring for alt visibility just like you. They liked it better than what we have now as default.

i'm sure I am...but, i'm not overestimating the value of a function that levels the playing field. I'm sure there are a lot of people asking for it back like me. the difference is that I personally feel the only people who want it the way it used to be are the few who benefited and were able to develop bad habits by being functionally invisible  

a friend of mine who has a better rig commented: "wow I've never seen so many people on a point before" which I replied:"well you can just see them now" 

but there are some people who, through some means I can't explain can see you really easily, either through luck, skill, cheats...you name it, when you normally cant who lobbied and won...and i feel thats sad 

Edited by gimpy117

I for one think we should go back to CRT monitors, that way we can end pixel hunting and get back real LOD.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gimpy117 said:

i'm sure I am...but, i'm not overestimating the value of a function that levels the playing field. I'm sure there are a lot of people asking for it back like me. the difference is that I personally feel the only people who want it the way it used to be are the few who benefited and were able to develop bad habits by being functionally invisible  

a friend of mine who has a better rig commented: "wow I've never seen so many people on a point before" which I replied:"well you can just see them now" 

but there are some people who, through some means I can't explain can see you really easily, either through luck, skill, cheats...you name it, when you normally cant who lobbied and won...and i feel thats sad 

Are you sure your friend wasn't playing on alt vis? 

Calibrating your monitor, lowering your gamma a bit, and experimenting with your settings will do more for  your spotting than getting a new monitor. You should search the forums, there are a few threads that walk you through that. I made tweaks based on those threads and improved my spotting massively even before the patch. Now there is no bubble and you can see past 10km and see contrails and reflections at long distances so its even more worth it

At the end of the day, this is how it is. You can fly only on servers that have alt vis if you want, and enable it on your side for single player. You can save up for a 4k display and see if there really is a huge advantage (from other people's reports, it may very well make it worse for you). Or you can try to adapt to normal vis. The devs made it optional to try and make everyone happy. 

we were playing before the "hotfix" 

ive lowered my gamma and calibrated my monitor already. 

it's how it is because people with higher end computers won out 

Edited by gimpy117
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, gimpy117 said:

we were playing before the "hotfix" 

ive lowered my gamma and calibrated my monitor already. 

it's how it is because people with higher end computers won out 

nope

here is from devs on what happend:

So 3.201 visability was mistake, it happends when update is this big you dont catch all bugs, then 3.201b is how they planed it to be from start, but as they saw that some ppl liked to for first time to enjoy playing game when they can see things with vis like it was in 3.201 ( what a novel idea ) they make both options available in 3.201c, Alternate off is visibility how it was at 3.201b and what devs belive is realistic. While alternate on option in realisam is 3.201 visibility that was mistake with algoritam making far distance (10km+) contacts to big, and now you can play on it if you wont by turning that option on, or online play on servers that have that option on.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

nope

here is from devs on what happend:

So 3.201 visability was mistake, it happends when update is this big you dont catch all bugs, then 3.201b is how they planed it to be from start, but as they saw that some ppl liked to for first time to enjoy playing game when they can see things with vis like it was in 3.201 ( what a novel idea ) they make both options available in 3.201c, Alternate off is visibility how it was at 3.201b and what devs belive is realistic. While alternate on option in realisam is 3.201 visibility that was mistake with algoritam making far distance (10km+) contacts to big.

if that's true that's a bummer, it made the game more accessible to all 

• Upvote 1

Less accessible here, and what do I adjust in VR, dropping the res only makes it impossible to ID any blob at any distance.  Far worse than pre release here, it's not the same as the old system in expert.  Can't even fly team, not possible to keep track of maneuvering flight members as it was in the old system.

• Upvote 2

Options aren't bad. If you don't like the options available on the servers, then you can open your own or ask a server to use what you want.

1 hour ago, gimpy117 said:

if that's true that's a bummer, it made the game more accessible to all 

Some don't give a damn about accessibility, they rubbish anyone that isn't a super l33t expert. It's all about muh realism, 'if you want to play a game go play something else kiddie, this is a SiMuLaToR hurr derr. It's a load of bunk. I enjoy the sim aspects, but it IS a game. It should be at least somewhat enjoyable, and the spotting made it so.

I believe that the 'expert' spotting contributes to a certain meta within the game;

The 'good' pilots learn how to remain somewhat hidden at a distance that is difficult see because of resolution and field of view, and exploit the poor ability to actually see much of anything at these distances - unless you had a giant amazing 4k screen as you mention. When contacts are more visible, they lose some of their stealth ability and. They find themselves not being able to perform the same bounce, and even get bounced themselves as they are used to either hugging the deck or something. Previously they could exploit this just inside the render bubble, now that it is bigger, its a little different again. Advantage still goes to the bigger, 4k screens

Personally, I found myself actually climbing for position (rather than hug the deck and hunt for tiny moving dots), as I could see the alt of the fight and prepare myself to energy fight. Sure, maybe the stealth aspect suffered, but the dog-fighting was fantastic

Edited by Tasmanaut

The thing about spotting is that in real life you can absolutely see another plane silhouetted against the sky or clouds for considerable distance. Against the ground that is a very different story. Doesn't matter on markings unless they're sky grey. These days I find myself starting most engagements defensive because I simply can't see someone more than 3km from me and based on experience there's not a chance this is realistic.

• Like 1

I find it weird reading all these conflicting reports among the community. I for example, get much better spotting with expert visibility than I ever did pre-patch. I also don't believe that seeing a blob that is 100km away, the same size as a blob 10km away has anything to do to equalize a playing field between people in 4k and in 1080p, some people do enjoy it though, so the devs decided to keep it.

• Upvote 5

I've been flying in VR for around 2 years now and the new visibility system was quite welcome, despite some quirks to be ironed out.

As for the current state, it's a nightmare. I'm not sure how they adjusted it exactly but visibility seems to be waaaay worse than before the system was changed.

In addition, it seems like sometimes some units just turn totally invisible: I was training in quick play with Hs129 attacking some ground vehicles, and some vehicles were visible while I pressed VR zoom, but turned invisible when I released it. I was approaching perpendicular to a road to the last known position of a vehicle but couldn't see it.

When I zoomed it, it suddenly appeared. I believe I was less than 1km away. I tried to reproduce it (in a Fw) but couldn't. Still, it makes me wonder...

I'm very unhappy with the current visibility systems. To be honest, both are not great, but yesterday it was another moment where I thought it couldn't be. I had a wingman who was maybe 2-3 kilometers away with some differences in altitude and even when I zoomed in completely he was almost invisible.
I have a resolution of 1920x1080 and feel blind. The alternative visibility is at least better in the sense that I don't have to zoom in all the time, the contacts are still tiny, but I can have a higher overall view of things.
It would be great if the Dev's would tinker a little bit with it but as it looks at the moment Combat Box, Wings and most likely Kota will be satisfied with the 'expert' view...
I hope that somebody will open a server with AS, because this way the sim is less fun for me in the current state.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAG said:

I find it weird reading all these conflicting reports among the community. I for example, get much better spotting with expert visibility than I ever did pre-patch. I also don't believe that seeing a blob that is 100km away, the same size as a blob 10km away has anything to do to equalize a playing field between people in 4k and in 1080p, some people do enjoy it though, so the devs decided to keep it.

Especially when these blobs pretty much disappear 5-7 km from you, or when you zoom, because of botched scaling algorythm, no matter whether you're a 4K user or 1080p one. There's nothing either equalizing or realistic or immersive about that. Not to mention that these who own 4k screens of smaller size are actually at disadvantage from 1080p owners because of how pixel-related contact rendering is.

The very few who own really big 4k screens are in better situation, that's true, but so what. The whole "higher end winning out" argument is silly anyway. Dates back to years ago. When wide flatscreens appeared some said they were "unfair" compared to CRTs, when HOTAS sets appeared some said they were "unfair" compared to simple sticks and keyboards, when TrackIRs appeared some said they were "unfair" compared to hat switches etc. Higher end hardware will always give some advantage somewhere and there's no realistic equalizing solution for that.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

So spending money on hardware should not be a advantage?  
Huge butterflies 5k away is the equalizer ?

I dont like this tread , what can I do to equalize it?

1 hour ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

I hope that somebody will open a server with AS, because this way the sim is less fun for me in the current state.

Finnish VirtualPilots is running with Alternate Visbility On.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

So spending money on hardware should not be a advantage?

Exactly. To those complaining about people who have spent their hard-earned money on better equipment, welcome to life. Higher end gear more often than not gives you some kind of advantage, no matter what the context may be. Better performing cars, more comfortable running shoes, more accurate guns, better audio fidelity in a headset, more supportive chairs... and on and on and on, you get the idea. Why do people think gaming is any different? I'm sorry, but the entire argument of money "winning out" just sounds like jealousy and/or whining to me.

And no, I'm not saying that because I'm one of those who has all this fancy gear because I don't. I'm saying it because the devs have already caved to community pressure and given us options to choose how we play, so what more do people want? The removal of choice to force everyone to play the same way, even if they're offline? Give me a break.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

I'm very unhappy with the current visibility systems. To be honest, both are not great, but yesterday it was another moment where I thought it couldn't be. I had a wingman who was maybe 2-3 kilometers away with some differences in altitude and even when I zoomed in completely he was almost invisible.

This happened to me on alternate visibility, but hasn't yet on normal. Planes disappearing when they get within non-scaling distance, or when I zoom in on medium distance contacts.

Are we sure there isn't a  new 'disappearing plane' bug that triggers when you zoom in and out now, regardless of spotting system? 

With the new visibility I cant see planes anymore, its like getting shot from invisible enemys!

Based on this post, higher end displays actually make things harder to see:

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, gimpy117 said:

or am i just crazy? 

Four years or More we asking to developers .. We Want , WE NEED  , A spotting range improvements.

And the change was made, The Change  was excellent a pleasure to fly and spot the contacts.

It was one the happiest day of my life, I also had the p38:music:

Then...

The trolls children of the Russian War Th*nder game , came and  Cried in the forum of Il2  BOX . And AND  the developers rushed to fulfill their Troll wishes. 

All online serves now have the new  ( Fu*inkg  expert )  settings , the spottin range  now sucks , the possibility of seeing planes is worse than before . 

I would like to clarify that, I play All in ultra settings (Maximun settings ) , new building distance on .

My   (flight / Hotas /Gaming chair )  is 1 meter 60 centimeters  ( 5, 24 Feet )  away from the screen .

And I have to search for  2 damn  (Fu*ing ) gray  pixels at that distance, it's hard even in my new 43 inches screen.

I am very grateful to all the Russian War Th*nder trolls who  came and wrote in the Russian il2  Box forum, asking for the roll back on visibility settings.

I am very grateful to the developers who ran to please their wishes.

Now I need a go to with my eye doctor, and buy a new  80 inches screen. To  can see  ( Spot )  the damn 2 gray pixels that represent a plane at 6 km .

Best regards

Edited by [LAS]URU-Panzer
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, AirHoly_VR said:

I've been flying in VR for around 2 years now and the new visibility system was quite welcome, despite some quirks to be ironed out.

As for the current state, it's a nightmare. I'm not sure how they adjusted it exactly but visibility seems to be waaaay worse than before the system was changed.

In addition, it seems like sometimes some units just turn totally invisible: I was training in quick play with Hs129 attacking some ground vehicles, and some vehicles were visible while I pressed VR zoom, but turned invisible when I released it. I was approaching perpendicular to a road to the last known position of a vehicle but couldn't see it.

When I zoomed it, it suddenly appeared. I believe I was less than 1km away. I tried to reproduce it (in a Fw) but couldn't. Still, it makes me wonder...

Totally different thing. It is a static object problem that they haven't addressed... bug reported, but apparently lost, or ignored. Can't attack ground targets. It's a known issue without anyone caring on the Dev's side apparently. A LOT of people have complained. File another bug report. I've given up.

1 hour ago, Leon_Portier said:

With the new visibility I cant see planes anymore, its like getting shot from invisible enemys!

but dont you enjoy playing game like that knowing that your blined as bat and there is ppl who know how to adjust it so they can se you, its all for realisam its fun how come you dont wont to play like that, its not fun when all can see things normaly in 10km ranges its more fun when most cant see sht and only few can. Your here to just be target for few who know how to abuse the settings. This is how you bring more ppl to play your game, and more ppl in MP, its logical.

Edited by 77.CountZero

1 hour ago, Talon_ said:

Based on this post, higher end displays actually make things harder to see:

True, at least in my case:  I have an Acer Predator X34A (34", 3440 x 1440 Pixels) and its PPI is very dense. I can not make out sole pixels even with glasses on. Super quality colors and very sharp. But in this case its actually a handicap. I can barley make out contacts past 7 km.  That was pre-patch as well as post-patch. I can make out the "butterflys" at sunset against a dark sky when alternate on. But they disappear eventually when coming closer. IMHO as long as view-distance is dependent on screen-resolution and not on PPI, it will always be uneven.

54 minutes ago, [LAS]URU-Panzer said:

Four years or More we asking to developers .. We Want , WE NEED  , A spotting range improvements.

And the change was made, The Change  was excellent a pleasure to fly and spot the contacts.

It was one the happiest day of my life, I also had the p38:music:

Then...

The trolls children of the Russian War Th*nder game , came and  Cried in the forum of Il2  BOX . And AND  the developers rushed to fulfill their Troll wishes. 

All online serves now have the new  ( Fu*inkg  expert )  settings , the spottin range  now sucks , the possibility of seeing planes is worse than before . 

My   (flight / Hotas /Gaming chair )  is 1 meter 60 centimeters  ( 5, 24 Feet )  away from the screen .

And I have to search for  2 damn  (Fu*ing ) gray  pixels at that distance, it's hard even in my new 43 inches screen.

I am very grateful to all the Russian War Th*nder trolls who  came and wrote in the Russian il2  Box forum, asking for the roll back on visibility settings.

I am very grateful to the developers who ran to please their wishes.

Now I need a go to with my eye doctor, and buy a new  80 inches screen. To  can see  ( Spot )  the damn 2 gray pixels that represent a plane at 6 km .

Best regards

well i agree wth you , expert visibility sucks (and altered On is even worst as makes far contacts to big), but its not warthunder trools who forced devs to change it, its devs who had idea from start that things need to be like that, as it has to be realistic, you just have to read AnPetrovich post about all this to see that their idea of fixing terible visibility we had before 3.201, was 3.201b from start, and that = make it more harrder to see then we had before 3.201 with 9,5km limits. Yes now you can see contacts beyond 10km ( in teory, in practice good luck with that on expert lol) on both options, but it changes nothing for mid ranges where you can still lose contacts that are only few km from you so easy that its pointles to play without sitting 10cm from monitor and using full zoom and checking your 6 every 5s like mad man, like real pilots do.

And again, if you liked it how it was in 3.201 when it was first bugged visability relised, no one is stoping you to play now on that visibility, just turn it ON in realisam settings for SP, or play on servers that have it turned ON in MP, in 3.201c you have a choice to pick out of two options.

Edited by 77.CountZero

6 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Finnish VirtualPilots is running with Alternate Visbility On.

Yes and it was marked as such. Shame really I like the missions there. I believe Kota and combatbox still fiddeling with both.  
I hope at least one of them will stick to expert mode. And at least they mark them. 
I do not mind it when I fly without bombs so much. But it do put me off. If it just could be less visable

Dear gentlemen,

I've red so many, incredibly many posts about visibility and how one or the other wishes this to be implemented. First there was this endless talk about that famous bubble

and now with this new visibility option, everything seems so controversial again!

I do not judge these new visibility options - bad or not - these new options were introduced because of the discontentment of all those "professionals" how were massively

ranting about the visibility issues of the game. So now, don't blame the devs for that - you wanted it!

If the new option is good or not, is another question - still, you asked for it and you wanted it. Period! And now, to blame the dev team again for not being able to resolve

this problem is simply not fair. Nearly everybody, including me, have different approaches and different ideas on how the visibility and spotting abilities should work.

Before the update 3.201 it was considered as bad and annoying, afterwards with the new visibility options bad and annoying too. And now the very same people that were

discontent with the spotting before the update 3.201, require the "old" visibility back - all of a sudden this option is now correct and more realistic?

To me, this is some kind of schizophrenia...

Cheers

• Upvote 1

All online servers now use the new setting  ( Aircraft visibility in Expert Mode ) END ONLINE is this now.

I only like to fly  Fighters  planes online, it's easy  for me to see that the AI is silly . I have no interest in offline

The developers know that the 43 inches 4k screen resolution is not the same as that of the human eye,

The human eye have a better visual resolution. 

On a computer screen you try to make an approximation to reality.

Basically it is a software that tries to represent a possible reality

You can not sell a  PC SIM ( product ) if you force people to play ONLY  in Utra settings ... 

If you play on low or normal  graphics settings you get huge disadvantage  to Spot anything  - and /  or you will have a huge disadvantage  vs other pilots online. HUGE, 

( the hunt for the two gray pixels.... OHH IS a Plane !!  )

The clouds  at low o normal settings ... Really I don't even want to talk about it,  ( Only ultra settings is the fix . )

At the ends ..  3 months  ago,  I buy a new Video Card and a  new 43 inches  screen  ONLY  to  play  on Ultra Settings the IL2 BOX Series  online, and spot more planes.

With the Roll Back on the new visibility settings from 3.201, I see less than before, (  Spot an enemy it's harder now, Worst. )

After 9 months of playing online close to every day.

I stopped flying online by the Roll back . I am very angry.

I did not like how the developers undid the visbility changes so quickly.. SO QUICKLY !! WTF ??? 

Bending their knees and undoing the good visibility changes ONLY in 36 hours ..or less, after patch release.

GREAT !

I don't fly anymore.

Best Regards

Edited by [LAS]URU-Panzer

I see a lot of strange posts about this, particularly about the "Expert" visibility. Like claims of things coming in and out of sight and so on, while Expert is on.

The thing about Expert visibility (that is, with Alternate Visibility turned off), is all it mostly does is remove the 10k bubble that used to exist. There's literally NO WAY that the "Expert" setting can be worse than what we had before these visibility changes were released at all.

In short, the new "Alternate Visibility = Off" option is a direct improvement over the old system. The 10k bubble is gone. That's a GOOD thing. It seems to me that any claim that now visibility is worse than it was before the big patch (that introduced visibility changes) are more of a reaction to having experienced the Alternate Spotting and enjoying it so much that going back to a more limited visibility (even if less limited than before) feels worse than how it was before the changes were introduced at all.

Now, Alternate Visibility, on the other hand, DOES have a bunch of issues with it. Weirdness with zooming, things popping out of existence at a certain range, contacts appearing to be floating in midair (when in fact they were crashed/landed aircraft being rendered a massive distance away, but inflated to look much bigger). There are definitely bugs or glitches with that setting that can be problematic, but I can also see how some people can prefer that mode. 

But let's not pretend that "Expert" is worse visibility than before. It's not, it's factually better, with the 10k bubble finally removed. Whether or not Alternate is better is very subjective and depends on what people are looking for in this sim, but "expert" mode is definitely an improvement over what we had before the last big update.

Edited by 71st_AH_Yankee_
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, [LAS]URU-Panzer said:

I did not like how the developers undid the visbility changes so quickly.. SO QUICKLY !! WTF ??? 

Bending their knees and undoing the good visibility changes ONLY in 36 hours. GREAT !

Now everything is worse,

I don't fly anymore.

Best Regards

IDK if you know the full story or not, but the "new" visibility option was actually a BUG, so they fixed it. but a lot of people cried that they liked the new blobs better so they patched the game again to include the new system, plus the BUGGED system.

As for me, i have  been testing in VR and if i increase the resolution on my Rift, spotting is actually harder than if I play at lower resolutions.

1 hour ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

I see a lot of strange posts about this, particularly about the "Expert" visibility. Like claims of things coming in and out of sight and so on, while Expert is on.

The thing about Expert visibility (that is, with Alternate Visibility turned off), is all it mostly does is remove the 10k bubble that used to exist. There's literally NO WAY that the "Expert" setting can be worse than what we had before these visibility changes were released at all.

In short, the new "Alternate Visibility = Off" option is a direct improvement over the old system. The 10k bubble is gone. That's a GOOD thing. It seems to me that any claim that now visibility is worse than it was before the big patch (that introduced visibility changes) are more of a reaction to having experienced the Alternate Spotting and enjoying it so much that going back to a more limited visibility (even if less limited than before) feels worse than how it was before the changes were introduced at all.

Now, Alternate Visibility, on the other hand, DOES have a bunch of issues with it. Weirdness with zooming, things popping out of existence at a certain range, contacts appearing to be floating in midair (when in fact they were crashed/landed aircraft being rendered a massive distance away, but inflated to look much bigger). There are definitely bugs or glitches with that setting that can be problematic, but I can also see how some people can prefer that mode. 

But let's not pretend that "Expert" is worse visibility than before. It's not, it's factually better, with the 10k bubble finally removed. Whether or not Alternate is better is very subjective and depends on what people are looking for in this sim, but "expert" mode is definitely an improvement over what we had before the last big update.

nope

now weather conditions effect on if youll see or not contacts on expert, so its harder to see close contacts and track them then it was before 3.201 on expert making it wors aka more realistic

1 hour ago, SAG said:

IDK if you know the full story or not, but the "new" visibility option was actually a BUG, so they fixed it. 

Correct

7. Airplanes long-range visibility algorythm was corrected to minimize plane size amplification effect;”

1 hour ago, SAG said:

but a lot of people cried that they liked the new blobs better so they patched the game again to include the new system, plus the BUGGED system.

This

2 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

If it just could be less visable

Just the other night when I was on and patrolling the frontline, enemies managed to slip by four different times past me. The AltVis On is not the all-seeing eye people make it out to be. You do need to hug the deck, though.

• Upvote 1