Jason_Williams

Stuttering in Multiplayer and other Modes

There is a video on russian forums to show how it looks in MP.

First he talks about setup, which is RTX2080ti+9900k, graphics ultra, MP 50 players.

Go to 4:30 to see stutters

Edited by TUS_Samuel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Actually 4:38 - for the young guns who flip away a youtube video after 2 seconds if "nothing happens" ;)

Yes, that's exactly what it looks like.

The whole world seems to move like an old movie recorded at 60FPS and cut to european 50FPS TV standards by simply cutting 10 frames every one second.

:drinks:

Mike

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 4:23 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Please discuss your stuttering issues, especially stuttering on MP servers here in this centralized thread. Please be clear in what you are reporting and use good testing methods to try and pin down what is causing your stutters. Being precise helps us, help you.

Graphical stutters and other types of stutters such as ones caused by a CPU bottleneck are not the same. This is where much confusion on the topic of stutters lies. Help us untangle what you are experiencing so we can take a look. Right now, our experience in the office and at our homes, do not match the experience some of you are reporting.

I cannot promise anything will be done unless we can duplicate the issue and identify under what circumstances such stuttering occurs. 

Nasty, angry, disrespectful behavior in this thread will not be tolerated.

Jason

I’m very lucky in that I notice no stuttering and I have my game on ultra settings. My PC and GPU are not cutting edge either. Bizarre how it doesn’t happen to everyone. I feel for the devs trying to nail it down but am confident they will sort it. Their tenacity in attempting to find problems is impressive. I’m sure it will be sorted sooner rather than later

Edited by CrazeeJane
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CrazeeJane said:

I’m very lucky in that I notice no stuttering and I have my game on ultra settings. My PC and GPU are not cutting edge either. Bizarre how it doesn’t happen to everyone.

CrazeeJane, could you post you specs then? Might me very helpful.

Intel i7-4790 @ 3.4GHz  Gainward 1060 6GB Kingston 16GB DDR3-1600 VKB-Sim Gladiator MK. II Joystick Saitek Rudder Pedals TrackIR 5

Intel i7-8700K 1080GTX 8GB Kingston 16GB DDR3-1600 Thrustmaster Warthog MFG Crosswind TrackIR 5

Recorded on Knights of the air server almost the same time on the new Rheinland and Arras map no clouds and its almos +10fps gain. Guys just be advised Twitch and Youtube only support 60 FPS so the stutter less visible on these videos but dropping from 90-60 is clearly visible. If any questions from the developers are welcome and we will be happy to help you make a better multplayer experience. 
Cheers!
KOTA team.

Edited by -[HRAF]Arrow19
  • Upvote 1

My specs according to ‘System’ in my computer are

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz

Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 Motherboard

Win 7 64 bit

16Gb Ram

GTX1070 8Gb

250Gb SSD

And like I said, not cutting edge by any standard, and I’ve not noticed any stutters on MP. I don’t do SP...hope this helps someone

• Upvote 1

I wonder...is everyone getting stutters on Windows 10, and people not getting any on Windows 7? That’s the second time I’ve seen someone with a rig comparable to mine getting no stutters at all and the only difference was Windows 7.

• Upvote 2

FYI: On the KOTA maps there are the 90% of the buildings are not imported. And the game uses on this setting only 1,5Gb of VRAM, on Ultra there is almost 4-5Gb.

Edited by -[HRAF]Arrow19
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

is everyone getting stutters on Windows 10

No, I'm on Windows 7 and getting stutters in MP.

• Upvote 1

Guys,

Thanks for your input, but I've started two new threads to separate out SP and MP stutters. Get your machine running smooth in SP first, then help test MP.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1