Porkins

Tank Crew: Western Front

Just mulling over what a Tank Crew for the Western Front would look like if they ever made it. I would like to see something like this take place in Europe in 1944, maybe around Caen:

Germans

- PIV Ausf. H

- Panther Ausf. G

- Tiger

- Jagpanzer IV

- Ostwind

British (I actually like the Brits as a faction better than US, because I think they fielded a greater variety of tank models)

- M4A4 Sherman 

- Sherman Firefly

- Churchill

- Cromwell

- Centaur AA

One nice thing about this lineup is that a version of the PIV, Panther, Tiger, and Sherman will have already been modeled for the first Tank Crew. So there are "only" 6 models to start from scratch. And of those six, the Jagpanzer IV and Firefly are using the same chassis as the PIV and Sherman. 

Edited by Porkins
  • Like 2

TC : Battle of the Bulge (Belgium) had fierce Tank battles at the end of 1944 (X-mas time) !

In a Bliz/surprize offensive the Germans wanted to get to a.o. Antwerp and thus again change the course of the war.

Good thing the Allies (especially US AFAIK) were able to stop them just in time. Lots of casualties. 

Also the terrain over there is perfect (Winter, nice forests, towns ...) 

We dont need many new tanks. Panther D , Pz IVG, Tiger and Sherman can be here. New tanks only Firefly and Churchill.   For collectors Jagdpanther or Jagdpanzer and Cromwell :)

On 10/18/2019 at 7:46 AM, saldy said:

Panther D , Pz IVG, Tiger and Sherman can be here.

Panther Ds were outdated / out of production by mid-1944. Better would be the A or G model. 

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 1

I'd love to see the M18 Hellcat, M24 Chaffee, or M10 Tank Destroyer as well. The Hellcat's speed would be something welcome in the game.

• Upvote 2

Id revise the list to have less remakes personally and make it bulge and onward into 45. Admittedly mine is also american biased 

Tiger II H

Panther Ausf. G

Jagpanzer IV

Jagdpanther 

Ostwind 

Sherman 76mm or Firefly

M10 Tank Destroyer

M18 hellcat

T26/M26

M16 Halftrack AA

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Field-Ops said:

Id revise the list to have less remakes personally and make it bulge and onward into 45. Admittedly mine is also american biased 

Tiger II H

Panther Ausf. G

Jagpanzer IV

Jagdpanther 

Ostwind 

Sherman 76mm or Firefly

M10 Tank Destroyer

M18 hellcat

T26/M26

M16 Halftrack AA

My guess is, that the AA vehicles would be collectors vehicles like with the current version, especially as on german side a Panzer IV version is missing, which still was the tank, that was involved the most in fighting, on German side.

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2019 at 7:05 PM, VBF-12_Stele said:

I'd love to see the M18 Hellcat, M24 Chaffee, or M10 Tank Destroyer as well. The Hellcat's speed would be something welcome in the game.

Upvote for the Chaffee. It didn't have a very long combat history in WW II, but damn do I love the looks of that tank. When you put it side by side with the Stuart that it was replacing, it almost looks like it's from a different century. You'd need a tank or AFV on the Axis side to match up with it. Might I suggest the Puma? Also just because it's dead sexy. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Porkins said:

Upvote for the Chaffee. It didn't have a very long combat history in WW II, but damn do I love the looks of that tank. When you put it side by side with the Stuart that it was replacing, it almost looks like it's from a different century. You'd need a tank or AFV on the Axis side to match up with it. Might I suggest the Puma? Also just because it's dead sexy. 

Puma   Sd.Kfz.234/2   3   or 4 would be nice.  Any of these would be a welcome addition.  I  kind of think that  it is not  what I would put up against the Chaffee, a light tank,  vs Puma, a armored scout car.   Puma is much faster but has slightly less  armor than the chaffee , and the gun, unless you use the  234/4  with the Pak 40 installed, is not match.  234/4  would be the closest match to be had,  but the 234/4  would have a considerable speed  advantage.

I like the idea of scout cars/fast light tanks to be used for scouting.   We'll have to see that the devs  are willing to do after the announced vehicles are done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Salutations,

As a tank mission builder I really like expanding the armored vehicle inventories for Tank Crew. Including the lighter AFVs. I can envision lighter AFVs ambushing or attacking vehicle convoys and for scouting/recon functions.

Currently, especially online, players tend to go for the most armored and most powerful vehicle available. I want a tiger.... no I want the tiger etc. 

In set-piece missions the player can be presented with new challenges with light AFVs versus other such vehicles. Hey, it might end up requiring player skill over depending on thick armored monsters.

In conclusion... as a tanker and mission builder, more assets are always welcome and desirable. In time, I expect we shall get them. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

personally i'd like to see north Africa or Italy before France

tiger h1 , pz 3 and 4 would be done , plus you'd get British tanks

Italy could have elephants , tiger e's , panther d , a , and g , fireflys , sherman 76 , hell cat , m10 , and british tanks  

It will take Normandy/hedgerows or Belgium to get my juices flowing for tanks.

I'm guessing that will be next.