Jump to content

Recommended Posts

All, excuse my ignorance in this game. Have a question, and looking for answers. I usually fly DCS with a small group of friends, and I am able to set a server relatively easy and run a never ending mission where the computer spawns in AI planes and ground targets for us to destroy until quitting time. The only thing remotely similar to this is the quick mission, where I can select my plane, and then go up against endless waves of enemy aircraft. 

 

Is there a way I can host this for my friends and I? Not really into the competitive multiplayer arenas as much as a relaxing good time, flying cool planes against semi challenging bots communicating on our own discord channel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and my buddies are just the same kind of players. I bought a second account from sale and run dedicated server in Dogfight mode. I had to create missions using mission editor where are randomly patrolling planes / ground targets / random spawns around the active area of the map.

 

Its a quite big process to build such a mission though if you don't have experience of Mission Editor. It is powerful, but it has a steep learning curve and lot of quirks of its own. For example you cannot use escort command on re-spawning planes. And also you have to find a balance to populate the airspace to keep it interesting, but not too much as server gets easilly overloaded. Bombers are especially resource-hogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope one day will have a mission editor directly on the game and be able to create and host mission in MP ... this thing should be easy for a player...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pops68 said:

All, excuse my ignorance in this game. Have a question, and looking for answers. I usually fly DCS with a small group of friends, and I am able to set a server relatively easy and run a never ending mission where the computer spawns in AI planes and ground targets for us to destroy until quitting time. The only thing remotely similar to this is the quick mission, where I can select my plane, and then go up against endless waves of enemy aircraft. 

 

Is there a way I can host this for my friends and I? Not really into the competitive multiplayer arenas as much as a relaxing good time, flying cool planes against semi challenging bots communicating on our own discord channel.  

you can host from your game, either coop or df, just go in multiplayer section and select create server for coop or df type (youll probably first have to forwrd ports 80 28000 28100)

you have example df missions in game folder, ai just spawns after get shooot down, in mision builder you can use that to modife it to your liking (change airplane its skill or position and so on...) there are manuals on forum about how mision builder works, not hard to learn when you have to, but its borring as hell to use it compared to other games.

you also have PWCG coop mission generator or SYN_Vanders mission generator you can use.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

(...)

you also have PWCG coop mission generator or SYN_Vanders mission generator you can use.

 

I have not used PWCG yet, but as I understand it, you can prety much create a campaign and fly it coop, with your buddies eiter on the same flight, as a diferent flight, or even some in one team, the rest in the enemy team.

The way it works, you create a campaign in PWCG and it keeps track of virtual Pilots, and human players can asume control of said Pilots. If one day Someone is missing, that pilot Will be AI, and if a virtual Pilot is killed, is dead for good, you need to asume control of a diferent virtual Pilot next mission.

 

The best thing, you Will be flying missions without using FMB or QMB in a "persistent world"

Give it a look...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may help. It supports Dogfight mode (where you can respawn).

 

 

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all so much! I will have to test all of it out and see where I get. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 6:39 AM, Cthulhus said:

Hope one day will have a mission editor directly on the game and be able to create and host mission in MP ... this thing should be easy for a player...

Agreed! This is something I've advocated for off and on for quite a while. Thankfully, the community is full of good people with the time and ability to do great things. I haven't used the 3rd party tools others have suggested myself yet, but I've flown in missions and coop campaigns that prove just how great these tools are.

 

It would be great if one day we have a multiplayer lobby and party system, with a QMB-style set of parameters we can set to generate simple mission scenarios. For now, we have various Discords, the editor, and some really great 3rd party tools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...