Meankitty731

New Player here

I FINALLY got this game. It went on sale yesterday and I picked it up. I played a couple hours today with my WMR headset, and HOTAS controls. ITS AMAZING! My CPU is an I7-7820x with a 1080TI GPU. 18gig ram and it runs smooth as glass.

I have 2 questions. Are there any tutorials on how to tweak the graphics settings to get the most out of the VR? I am staying right around 60 fps but it dips into the 50s sometimes. I would like it cleaned up if  you would.

Second. Are there any active flight groups on here I could join? I would like to fly with some buddies if I could.

Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of performance-related posts near the end of the "Game Guides" section in the IL-2 Sturmovik Resources post.

Edited by JimTM

On 10/16/2019 at 12:07 PM, Meankitty731 said:

I FINALLY got this game. It went on sale yesterday and I picked it up. I played a couple hours today with my WMR headset, and HOTAS controls. ITS AMAZING! My CPU is an I7-7820x with a 1080TI GPU. 18gig ram and it runs smooth as glass.

I have 2 questions. Are there any tutorials on how to tweak the graphics settings to get the most out of the VR? I am staying right around 60 fps but it dips into the 50s sometimes. I would like it cleaned up if  you would.

Second. Are there any active flight groups on here I could join? I would like to fly with some buddies if I could.

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at these two links, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/109-virtual-reality-and-vr-controllers/

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/96-virtual-squadrons-and-special-events/

You can also join different TS and Discord channels to find people to fly with.