Jump to content
1024JOJO

Mission editor is a joke ?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

gehe ich recht in der Annahme, dass der Mission Editor ein völlig unausgereiftes Produkt ist ?

 

Die Links zu Target/Object funktionieren zufällig (auch in den Lehrvideos) ?

 

Nicht einmal der offensichtlich sehr wichtige Translator: Mission begin kann gesetzt werden.

 

image.thumb.png.abda41861fd685683560b88d66344b52.png

 

Bin dankbar für jede Hilfestellung !

 

Welche Tastenkombination ermöglicht das Einfügen dieses Objects (Mission Begin) ?

 

Grüße von einem  momentan sehr frustrierten Il2 Bodenplatte User.

 

LG

 

Wolfgang

 

Sorry , I am in an English Forum

 

Am I right, the Mission Editor is a not ready product?

 

Links to Target/Object work by incident (also in the Youtube Videos) ?

 

The very important Translator: Mission Begin ist not able to set.

 

Thanks for any help.

 

How I can put in the Mission Begin ?

 

Greetings from a very disappointed Il2 Bodenplatte User.

 

LG

 

Wolfgang

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alles geht beina nur mit den Maus denke ich schon ...... Vielleicht gibt es ein Ubersetsung von JimTM's Handbuch, notwendig fur den Editor ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Euch belästigt zu haben,

 

Bin gerade wieder gestartet und nach zig mal probieren geht es aus einmal,

ich kann die andere Gruppe beobachten, die tatsächlich aktiv ist.

Ich kann aber nicht festmachen, was ich anders eingestellt habe.

 

Es geht jetzt ohne Mission begin, aber warum vorher nicht.

 

Ist das bei Euch auch so ?

 

Fliege jetzt mal eine entspannende Platzrunde.

 

Viele Grüße

 

Wolfgang

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1024JOJO said:

 

Am I right, the Mission Editor is a not ready product?

 

 

No, you are incorrect.

User error.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes i think there are serious errors in the FMB. F.i. i programmed a Translator InfluenceArea, with about 5 area points, then deleted it.

But a big blue arrow it still shows on the pilot map in the game, and cannot find why ...  it's nowhere to be found again in the FMB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

Sometimes i think there are serious errors in the FMB. F.i. i programmed a Translator InfluenceArea, with about 5 area points, then deleted it.

But a big blue arrow it still shows on the pilot map in the game, and cannot find why ...  it's nowhere to be found again in the FMB.

 

Please post your mission.

 

Check if there are any influence area translators in your mission tree.

 

Did you click on the Draw Icon button to hide icons?

 

Aside: If you click Translate in Chrome to translate a post and then reply to the post, some of the words that you type may be replaced. E.g., Chrome kept on replacing "influence" with "impact" in this post. I had to reopen this thread to complete my post without changes.

Edited by JimTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jim, i'll PM it to you, and if you feel like changing things OK with me, don't feel it's right to go public with it LoL, as It's less than half finished.

And  i speak German a little, French too, even less. I'll check the tree, seems not there, Draw Icon is on ... Cordialement, J

 

Edited by jollyjack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Sometimes i think there are serious errors in the FMB. F.i. i programmed a Translator InfluenceArea, with about 5 area points, then deleted it.

But a big blue arrow it still shows on the pilot map in the game, and cannot find why ...  it's nowhere to be found again in the FMB.

 

I looked at your mission and I did not see a blue arrow, but I did see a big gray blob that was trying to be an arrow. That issue is because your "TI" waypoints are all set to line type "Attack", which creates an arrow to mark attack directions on the map (see pg. 258 in the manual - i.e., the page number on the manual, not the PDF reader pg. number). Try line type Position 1 or 2 instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, thanks, i will look at it later ... ADDED: fixed, thanks, Jim.

Edited by jollyjack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After using the FMB in Il-2 1946, I really hate the mission editor for Il-2GB. Its basically a developer tool. Which is fine I guess for some people.

But the FMB in Il-2 1946 is fantastic. I use it more then the Quick Mission screen.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Motherbrain said:

After using the FMB in Il-2 1946, I really hate the mission editor for Il-2GB. Its basically a developer tool. Which is fine I guess for some people.

But the FMB in Il-2 1946 is fantastic. I use it more then the Quick Mission screen.

We have all gone through this journey. The IL2 FMB does take time to get used to it. In my squadron we have now 8 rdgulsr mission builders for the Sunday campaign missions. Make use of groups. Read the excellent manual provided by JimTM and ask questions here as much as you need

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TP_Jacko said:

We have all gone through this journey. The IL2 FMB does take time to get used to it. In my squadron we have now 8 rdgulsr mission builders for the Sunday campaign missions. Make use of groups. Read the excellent manual provided by JimTM and ask questions here as much as you need

 

Thanks. I can use the Il-2GB FMB to a basic extent and make basic missions though I still have a few things to learn like setting up icons on the navigation map and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Motherbrain said:

After using the FMB in Il-2 1946, I really hate the mission editor for Il-2GB. Its basically a developer tool. Which is fine I guess for some people.

But the FMB in Il-2 1946 is fantastic. I use it more then the Quick Mission screen.

 

The BoX mission editor is vastly more powerful.

The 1946 editor was beyond weak by comparison. Yes easy to use, but weak.

I can be much more creative now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

 

The BoX mission editor is vastly more powerful.

The 1946 editor was beyond weak by comparison. Yes easy to use, but weak.

I can be much more creative now.

 

Yah I know. But still I like the simplicity. And it could do basically what you wanted to do, and very quickly. Like a ship attack with torpedoes. Slap a plane down, add wing men, select armament, way-points, etc. Slap some ships down. Your good to go.

 

In the GB FMB you have to place four planes, set them as linked entities, link them together, link a mission begin modifier to a command take off modifier, then link it to the lead plane, then set the first way-point, link it to the object, then the next way-point, then set the way-point as the next action on plane took off.  Just to get a plane off the ground.

 

I know more functionality is ultimately better. But I for one appreciated the limited simplicity of the old FMB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ME is a tool meant for developers. We released it to the public because users asked for it. It's not a joke as you want to put it. We find that incredibly insulting. There are many here who can assist you if you have difficulty. Like anything, it gets easier as you learn how it works. It is indeed much more powerful than the old 1946 ME that was easy to use, but as others have said quite basic. 

 

Jason

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I begin to realize more and more how good it actually is, but the learning curve is quite high. Like completely learning a new language.

Pransgter and IimTM to the rescue: i must compliment Jim  and Gambit for their support when you get stuck again.

 

The easy way out: you can always use the PWCG  or another easy mission creator.. I did that first but find the FMB very intriguing and it makes IL2 from 1C Games double the fun for me.

LoL, i completely understand Gambit being pissed off when i 'complained' about the long flights towards in his Havoc Campaign. Actually he done a great job making this campaign work without stuttering on my old PC. Must have spent quite some time figuring out the grouping system to save PC resources while playing it.

 

Now i got to figure out how to obtain another piece of FMB lingo; how to get the pilots flight map to show routes and these nagging enemies ...

And get flights of FC Entente to attack Central fighters. I tell ya'll it will be fun once i get this to work. J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

I begin to realize more and more how good it actually is, but the learning curve is quite high. Like completely learning a new language.

Pransgter and IimTM to the rescue: i must compliment Jim  and Gambit for their support when you get stuck again.

 

The easy way out: you can always use the PWCG  or another easy mission creator.. I did that first but find the FMB very intriguing and it makes IL2 from 1C Games double the fun for me.

LoL, i completely understand Gambit being pissed off when i 'complained' about the long flights towards in his Havoc Campaign. Actually he done a great job making this campaign work without stuttering on my old PC. Must have spent quite some time figuring out the grouping system to save PC resources while playing it.

 

Now i got to figure out how to obtain another piece of FMB lingo; how to get the pilots flight map to show routes and these nagging enemies ...

And get flights of FC Entente to attack Central fighters. I tell ya'll it will be fun once i get this to work. J

Since I do not do many words ...

2019-10-20 (1).png

2019-10-20 (2).png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO those who criticize so openly have not been through the manuals and practiced , i practised for months before i started getting a little sofisticated . In 1999 when Combat Flight Simulator 2 came out the developers even forget to declare it in the manual and was found later by chance by enthusiasts digging in the files and it popped up with start up icon and all . Years of enjoyment followed through the SOH website . Today we have the most advanced ME since the CFS2 ME which is still very valid . There is lot off room for improvement in what we have with multiple choices for each trigger and event , so the sky is the limit . The ME of the old IL2 was and is way too simple and extremely limited , i think Maddox was more interested in online . I remember then he did take a look at the CFS2 ME and was thinking of copying some of the ideas .     

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

Now i got to figure out how to obtain another piece of FMB lingo; how to get the pilots flight map to show routes and these nagging enemies ...

And get flights of FC Entente to attack Central fighters. I tell ya'll it will be fun once i get this to work. J

 

If I understand you correctly and you want to see all planes on the map - select AF, click 'Planes' in properties, double click each player plane enter 100000(m) in the 'spotting' box.

For bot fights, if you simply arrange waypoints close together and co-ordinate the opposing bots to them, they'll start fighting as long as the waypoint priorities aren't set to 'high'.

 

S!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jollyjack said:

I begin to realize more and more how good it actually is, but the learning curve is quite high. Like completely learning a new language.

Pransgter and IimTM to the rescue: i must compliment Jim  and Gambit for their support when you get stuck again.

 

The easy way out: you can always use the PWCG  or another easy mission creator.. I did that first but find the FMB very intriguing and it makes IL2 from 1C Games double the fun for me.

LoL, i completely understand Gambit being pissed off when i 'complained' about the long flights towards in his Havoc Campaign. Actually he done a great job making this campaign work without stuttering on my old PC. Must have spent quite some time figuring out the grouping system to save PC resources while playing it.

 

Now i got to figure out how to obtain another piece of FMB lingo; how to get the pilots flight map to show routes and these nagging enemies ...

And get flights of FC Entente to attack Central fighters. I tell ya'll it will be fun once i get this to work. J

JimTM & Gambit sure are a great help for us novices.

To get the route to show in mission map I believe you place 'Translator Icons' by your waypoints (name them WP 1, WP 2 etc & in Translator Icon properties, select the ID to 'waypoint')) & you then 'target link' each one to the next, starting and finishing at the home airfield (thus creating a loop). That's how I do it at least.

 

Re. the FC planes to attack each other, it's best to still use the coalitions that actually work (like 'Great Britain', 'Germany' etc)/ I'm not sure if Great Britain WWI, Entente etc are actually recognised and working coalitions yet within the mission editor. I might be wrong but I've so far only managed success in FC mission editor by using 'Germany', 'Great Britain' etc.

Edited by GSHWK_Houndstone_Hawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GSHWK_Houndstone_Hawk said:

Re. the FC planes to attack each other, it's best to still use the coalitions that actually work (like 'Great Britain', 'Germany' etc)/ I'm not sure if Great Britain WWI, Entente etc are actually recognized and working coalitions yet within the mission editor. I might be wrong but I've so far only managed success in FC mission editor by using 'Germany', 'Great Britain' etc.

 

Thanks, that makes sense for me.

 

One of the reasons i like to use other parties instead of 'British" vs "German" is that i have a family history of very nasty experiences involving Nazis towards quite a few of them.
I am not saying i hate Germans generally; f.i. my father was personally ignored by a winking wehrmacht soldier in a razzia situation looking for Dutch resistance members and ex-army personnel. As IL2 is a game that started in Russia, i sometimes wonder how the (Russian) devs cope with feelings like this.

Now i'll stop, for forum's policy reasons.  PM me if you want to go on LoL

 

BTW I've got a lot of German friends, and i like the Axis IL2 planes technically, but probably would appreciate them more if they might not be always appearing with Maltese crosses, or even swastikas. As a game item thus. Blue vs Red. I should be shopping for skins .....

 

But i guess the history part of Il2 is why it's a selling game, and not seen as another 'shooter'. I am intrigued by the history of WW2, watched a documentary this morn about the taking of Berlin at the end of the war. So i miss Tempelhof Airfield on Rhineland, just as much as the C3 for the Market Garden affair, with Arnhem actually on the map.

And Monty's Willy to boot with flag and all.

 

So IL2 as seen more in the light of a game: if Entente vs Central doesn't work for now i might give up trying to create any FC missions for now until they are fixed as combat opponents.

By the way, getting flak AA set up in Arras: no WW1 plane survives that.  J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a mission with working Entente vs. Central.

The object icons don't get coloured in the ME when assigned to a side, but the mission seems to work fine.

Edited by Zooropa_Fly
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mission editor is a joke ?

 

Just take your time to get used to the editor and you will find the MCU chains a logic process.

I prefer it compared to the old Il2-1946 click & push Editor, which was very limited in each belongs.

However you got to take your time and i nbest cases you documentate your own successfull steps.

 

Am very happy the editor got released, as I guess it wasnt planned in one of their project sprints.

So pls rethink of calling the editor a joke, as it falls back on your ability to use it.

Great missions out there ,are proove enough.😀

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 5:05 AM, GSHWK_Houndstone_Hawk said:

JimTM & Gambit sure are a great help for us novices.

To get the route to show in mission map I believe you place 'Translator Icons' by your waypoints (name them WP 1, WP 2 etc & in Translator Icon properties, select the ID to 'waypoint')) & you then 'target link' each one to the next, starting and finishing at the home airfield (thus creating a loop). That's how I do it at least.

 

Yes

Positions Type “0”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

but now, the Software crashes sometimes like the good old "GURU Meditation error" of AMIGA.

 

If Developers like to handle this, it is ok, they are hopefully paid for. …..

 

Sorry to tell

 

Wolfgang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salutations,

 

The editor works fine for me.

 

I suspect the problem is somewhere on your end. 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem lies exactly between the left earlobe and the right earlobe and that, in the middle.

buddha_meditation_detail.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice for You !

 

Maybe my 16 GB RAM are not enough for Rheinland map.

 

The program crashes when i want to set the Object for a waypoint with the mouse.

 

Greetings

 

Wolfgang 

Namhee2,

 

your comment is disgusting.

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But GURU Namshee2,

 

if you are so clever, then what ist the reason, that I cant even start anymore ?

 

Changed Nothing on the Player plane ?

 

Here is the Mission.

 

Thanks for your help in advance

 

Wolfgang

 

Missions.zip

Thanks,

 

I will try so, maybe there is something in the Cache.

 

I heard this days ago in a tutorial, but forgot it.

 

Thanks

 

Wolfgang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 1024JOJO said:

...

Here is the Mission.

 

Thanks for your help in advance

 

Wolfgang

 

In your mission properties, set Season to "summer" (it's set to Winter right now). If the editor crashes again, please tell us exactly what you did when it crashed so we can find the objects or MCUs on the map and reproduce your issue. E.g., "I tried to object link waypoint 1 to AI plane with id 1020".

Edited by JimTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 1024JOJO said:

But GURU Namshee2,

 

if you are so clever, then what ist the reason, that I cant even start anymore ?

 

Changed Nothing on the Player plane ?

 

Here is the Mission.

 

Thanks for your help in advance

 

Wolfgang

 

Missions.zip 184.26 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks,

 

I will try so, maybe there is something in the Cache.

 

I heard this days ago in a tutorial, but forgot it.

 

Thanks

 

Wolfgang

Da sind ein paar fehler….bin noch dabei, gruß

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super danke,

 

bei mir geht jetzt gar nichts mehr.

 

Bin jetzt schon tot, bevor es losgeht und habe am Player-plane nichts verändert.

 

Das ist es, was so frustriert. Man speichert und alles ist anders.

 

Ausserdem haben die 2 ursprünglich als Briten definierten Planes sich beschossen, einer war auf einmal German, obwohl ich da sicher nichts geändert habe, warum sollte ich auch.

 

Danke und LG

 

Wolfgang 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 1024JOJO said:

Super danke,

 

bei mir geht jetzt gar nichts mehr.

 

Bin jetzt schon tot, bevor es losgeht und habe am Player-plane nichts verändert.

 

Das ist es, was so frustriert. Man speichert und alles ist anders.

 

Ausserdem haben die 2 ursprünglich als Briten definierten Planes sich beschossen, einer war auf einmal German, obwohl ich da sicher nichts geändert habe, warum sollte ich auch.

 

Danke und LG

 

Wolfgang 

Also:

1) die Karte von winter auf summer stellen!!!!!

der Rest in JoJo2 Mission...denk daran immer die trigger zu aktivieren endwerden mit ein Mission begin oder mit TAGERT!!!! der Rest in englisch bitte sonst werden die andere böse🙄

JoJO2.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

thanks for the tip.

 

I used the whole last week the summer map.

 

Never had the idea to check, why it is suddenly the winter map.

 

I changed nothing intentionally, because I always wanted to fly in the Summer,

and it worked. (otherwise I would have kept the Stalingrad map winter).

 

Maybe it is because of the "Reset Editor Setting"

 

Thank you, I will test in the evening.

 

Wolfgang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Namhee,

 

thank you, it was the winter setting, (which I did'nt changed manually in any way and which worked fine for 2 weeks in this Mission ...)

Who can figure out to check this item.

 

Funny what 20 cm of snow can do …. :-)) (I know, I am from Austria)

 

Thank you, so I can have some more fun with the game.

 

LG

 

Wolfgang

 

PS: Ich sehe gerade, Du hast die Mission überarbeitet, ich check das gleich mal und danke, danke danke !!!

Wenn ich Deine überarbeitete Version verwende, speichere ich meine in einem anderen Ordner als Backup,

oder stelle Deine in ein eigenes Verzeichnis, oder umbennen in Version 2, Was ist da die Empfehlung ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 1024JOJO said:

Hi Namhee,

 

thank you, it was the winter setting, (which I did'nt changed manually in any way and which worked fine for 2 weeks in this Mission ...)

Who can figure out to check this item.

 

Funny what 20 cm of snow can do …. :-)) (I know, I am from Austria)

 

Thank you, so I can have some more fun with the game.

 

LG

 

Wolfgang

 

PS: Ich sehe gerade, Du hast die Mission überarbeitet, ich check das gleich mal und danke, danke danke !!!

Wenn ich Deine überarbeitete Version verwende, speichere ich meine in einem anderen Ordner als Backup,

oder stelle Deine in ein eigenes Verzeichnis, oder umbennen in Version 2, Was ist da die Empfehlung ?

Ein neuer Ordner ist zu empfehlen, das mache ich sowieso, Ordner für Länder, für Flugzeug Typen wie beim alten Il2 1946  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 12:41 AM, Jason_Williams said:

The ME is a tool meant for developers. We released it to the public because users asked for it.

 

I think everyone like myself who has used and mastered the ME ultimately to support your products, should be made aware of the above statement to allow them to put their own interpretation on it. In a free forum I would not hesitate to assert mine.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...