Sign in to follow this  
GSHWK_Houndstone_Hawk

**Help needed with adding of sound to mission**

Hi. I'm trying to add some short & simple custom-made mp3 files to given points along the flights chosen path in a mission (i.e. custom radio shouts just before a waypoint etc).

I've been referring as always to the ever helpful holy grail that is 'IL-2 Sturmovik Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Manual' but in this instance I find it quite uncharacteristically vague.

Being quite basic (but getting better) in the understanding of mission making & files etc I really need to know the extreme basics such as, 'How do I get the ME to read the custom mp3? such as where do I put the mp3? Do I create a 'sound' folder in the missions folder etc?

At present, using the Media Operator MCU I've changed the media type to 'Play Sound' & clicking 'Browse' I find the mp3 showing up in the specific folder but clicking on the mp3 does nothing (there is nothing showing in the box below, therefore nothing to 'set').

I've also included the test mission as I'm wondering whether or not I'm actually even doing it right in getting the mp3 to play once the flight reaches 'AngelWP1' (ID 9706).

I'll try and include the mp3 file also. 

If someone could take a quick peep & guide me in the right direction I'd be really very grateful indeed.

Practice Mission - Tempest Mk.V.rar

We use *.ogg format for the last campaigns, try to convert your mp3 to ogg. 

8 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

I don’t think I’m going to have that luxury at this late date. Hopefully they can be easily converted on your end. First I’m hearing of this.

Do the files have to be re-linked?

Edited by Gambit21

7 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

The .mp3-Files for the Velikie Luki campaign still work fine, though. @GSHWK_Houndstone_Hawk, maybe you can have a look in there as to how they are set up in there.

They all still work fine - hopefully they don’t have to be .ogg for current, already underway work. Alex can you please clarify?

3 hours ago, GSHWK_Houndstone_Hawk said:

Hi. I'm trying to add some short & simple custom-made mp3 files to given points along the flights chosen path in a mission (i.e. custom radio shouts just before a waypoint etc).

I've been referring as always to the ever helpful holy grail that is 'IL-2 Sturmovik Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Manual' but in this instance I find it quite uncharacteristically vague.

Being quite basic (but getting better) in the understanding of mission making & files etc I really need to know the extreme basics such as, 'How do I get the ME to read the custom mp3? such as where do I put the mp3? Do I create a 'sound' folder in the missions folder etc?

At present, using the Media Operator MCU I've changed the media type to 'Play Sound' & clicking 'Browse' I find the mp3 showing up in the specific folder but clicking on the mp3 does nothing (there is nothing showing in the box below, therefore nothing to 'set').

I've also included the test mission as I'm wondering whether or not I'm actually even doing it right in getting the mp3 to play once the flight reaches 'AngelWP1' (ID 9706).

I'll try and include the mp3 file also. 

If someone could take a quick peep & guide me in the right direction I'd be really very grateful indeed.

Practice Mission - Tempest Mk.V.ra 584.89 kB · 0 downloads

I have my mission voice files placed in my Audio folder within my Missions folder. 

Yep - a separate folder within your campaign folder (if it’s a scripted campaign)

5 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

They all still work fine - hopefully they don’t have to be .ogg for current, already underway work. Alex can you please clarify?

If it works - don't change anything in your campaign, it was just my version

1 minute ago, BlackSix said:

If it works - don't change anything in your campaign, it was just my version

Crisis averted - thank you.

Thank you all for your help. Looking at the examples in the campaign mentioned, was a daunting viewing indeed but managed to pick out some understanding and got the element working so when an allied flight encroaches into the trigger radius, the mp3 plays.

i notice though that it will repeat for each flight member and so I guess I have to use a force deactivate trigger or something. Thanks again for all the help 👍

On 10/14/2019 at 12:48 PM, JG4_dingsda said:

The .mp3-Files for the Velikie Luki campaign still work fine, though. @GSHWK_Houndstone_Hawk, maybe you can have a look in there as to how they are set up in there.

That's right, they work perfectly. I use them to give more realism to my personal missions (with authorization from Veteran66).
Since I don't understand anything about German, I can "create dialogues" and add the audio in German😀

• Like 1