Sign in to follow this  
JG4_Kruger

German Aircraft Template Package

Hello Il2: GB Skinning-Community,

some of you probably know me, but most of you probably not. Just to introduce myself: I make the Skins for the JG4-Squadron.

Within the last 10 Month I was undertaking a major overhauling Project of our 1398 Squadron-Skins. After all this work I thought it could also be interesting for some of you.
The main goal of the Project was to have all Templates well organized and in the same build-up-style, with the same features and most important the same "Handwriting" so to say. I orientated my work on the style of ICDP because I like what he is doing and also important, my time is limited by the mass of Skins the big Squadron i am in is requiring. So in several cases I was forced to just re-use Layers that others made.
The biggest task was to have the most accurate representation possible, especially at the riveting. I also planned to do this with the Panellines, but there are some incorrect Elements in the 3D-Models and with the time and effort needed I decided to stick with the rivets that I made up from thousands of historical Pictures, Blueprints and private photo collections of JG4-Members. This means I also made new Alpha-Channels and Normal-Maps that are required for the Skins.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Collage_2.thumb.png.37bd979ca0bf5ac440dcf9625b2ea89f.png

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*DOWNLOAD* (6.59 GB)

Please note:

Because of my limited sparetime the included default Paintschemes are taken from the Basetemplate, or just lose interpretations of historical pictures, this are not detailed or historical accurate... For obvious reasons I couldn't re-use the personal Paintschemes of JG4-Members.

Also the Templates are mostly in German language because I really only ripped the JG4-Stuff of them, that's also the reason why the included Numberset only counts till No.8 and is included on every Aircraft.
The included Normal-Maps are made for this Templates only or modified ones, so they are required when using Skins made with this Templates.

Included Templates:

Bf 109 E7 (overhauled "ICDP" Template, several adjustments)
Bf 109 F2 (completely new Template with some re-used Layers)
Bf 109 F4 (completely new Template with some re-used Layers)
Bf 109 G2 (completely new Template with some re-used Layers)
Bf 109 G4 (completely new Template with some re-used Layers)
Bf 109 G6 (completely new Template with some re-used Layers)
Bf 109 G14 (completely new Template with some re-used Layers)
Bf 109 K4 (overhauled "ICDP" Template, several adjustments)
Fw 190 A3 (overhauled "ICDP" Template, several adjustments)
Fw 190 A5 (made from the A3 and A8 Template)
Fw 190 A8 (overhauled "ICDP" Template, several adjustments)
Fw 190 D9 (overhauled "ICDP" Template, several adjustments)

Ju 88 A4 (overhauled "III/JG2Gustav05" Template, several adjustments)
Bf 110 E2 (rebuilt "ICDP" Template, only minor adjustments)
Bf 110 G2 (rebuilt "ICDP" Template, only minor adjustments)
He 111 H6 (rebuilt "ICDP" Template, only minor adjustments)
He 111 H16 (rebuilt "ICPD" Template, only minor adjustments)

Me 262 A (rebuilt "ICPD" Template, only minor adjustments)
Ju 52/3m g4e (rebuilt "6./ZG26_5tuka" Template, only minor adjustments)

Included Categories of the Templates:

Werknummer (for normal user group): Representing the Startingnumber of the "Bau-los" I used as reference (for most Aircrafts included).

Overlay (for advanced user group): Including Workinghelpers, Weathering, Panellines, Rivets, Standard-markings and Stencils, and Aircraftparts.

Hoheitszeichen (for normal user group): Collection of a variety of prepositioned German national Markings, set up to the RLM-Standards of the timeframe

Taktische Zeichen (for normal user group): Standardcollection of tactical markings from "Stab" till "No. 8"

Personal Painting (for normal user group): For personal details like names on the Plane or so

Camoflage (for normal user group): All the basic coloring stuff

Alpha-Channels: Aircrafts with bare metal Parts have several Alpha-Channels included if you don't like the bare metal stuff.

Alpha-Channel

I made this to have an more accurate glossiness of combat Aircrafts based on photographs and to have all Aircraft in the same "glossy-level". But the Wet-like overglossiness in the official Skins is way to much.

I really have no idea how to do them correctly but I achieved the goal I was aiming for. So if you want to adjust them or work on them please contact me because I will not put my Patchwork-Alphas online for Public use.

Greetings

JG4_Kruger

Kruger.thumb.png.c8c001bb007b0ee5ad008056ea981e75.png

Edited by JG4_Kruger
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5

@JG4_Kruger

Nice work!

Couldn't see it in your description, but does you skin pack include historically correct markings on A/C - with Hakenkreuz or are they marked as in the thumbs ?

Thanks.

Edited by FurphyForum
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, FurphyForum said:

@JG4_Kruger

Nice work!

Couldn't see it in your description, but does you skin pack include historically correct markings on A/C - with Hakenkreuz or are they marked as in the thumbs ?

Thanks.

Yes, it is.

@JG4_Kruger I can only say... fair PLAY to ya!!! What can only be described as a MAMMOTH task!!!

I hope you get at least a few days leave after painting all those skins!!

I salute you Sir!!

Rap

:salute::drinks:

• Like 1

Thank you so much! Especially for the normalmaps of G6 and Ju-88, which have been sub-par so far!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danziger said:

I missed somewhere a Ju87? 

Oh yes, that is right Ju 87, Hs 129 (and Mc 202). This are not included because they where not really worth the effort when it comes to the relevance for JG4.

I'm sorry to say that. 😑

just to show of what I made with this Templates and why I made them ;)

(the Images are all High Resolution, so please drag them out to view them in full Quality)

Spoiler

Widukind-2560x1440.pngBf109-Qetzi.pngBf109-Dui.pngBf109-Karaya.pngFw190-Hanseat.pngHanseat-2560x1440.pngBf109-King.pngAmmi-2560x1440.pngKruger-2560x1440.pngNutella-2560x1440.pngRuckZuck-2560x1440.pngSkinOrganigramm_2019-07-14.jpg

Edited by JG4_Kruger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@JG4_Kruger How did you get rid of that annoying shine in the skin viewer for those images? I'm currently making roster images for ACG using the same technique but can't get rid of the shine on the cowling. 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Swatikas

12 hours ago, ACG_Woop said:

@JG4_Kruger How did you get rid of that annoying shine in the skin viewer for those images? I'm currently making roster images for ACG using the same technique but can't get rid of the shine on the cowling. 

First and most important, the Skins it self are less glossy like I mentioned in the main-post about the Alpha Layer, everything else is adjusted with the light- and camera-settings in the Skin-Viewer. Also a nice to know is the graphic-settings (like Anti-Aliasing) I set up in the NVidea-Settings for the Skin-Viewer.

I made the Screenshots in 4K wire DSR and scaled them down afterwards, if you have any further questions, don't be shy to ask. ;)

Just a Bf 110 G2 to Show off more 😛

Bf110-Matthias.png

@ACG_Woop but a good Point here: The Templates are structurally designed with functionality and workload relief in mind, so it is fairly easy to swoop existing camoflage and paintings on this Templates. Especially handy when the base is one of this Templates. I even took some camoflage-schemes that I made for IL2: Cliffs of Dover in 2K over, scaled the up, re-rendered them, check the positioning, some tweaks here and there and done.

PS.: some of the Bf 109 E7 rework is done with photo references from @ACG_Whisky, or even made by integrating the photo detail. ;)

• Like 3

What the hell! so far I had not noticed this beautiful work of pure passion. just downloaded, and, as soon as possible i will use it for my next 109 ... In the meantime, all I can do is thank you for your work. much appreciated!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1