Reggie_Mental

Reccomended game controllers for tank play

Can anyone recommend a third party controller for tank play. Quite happy to shop on amazon or eBay but what's excellent, adequate and to be avoided?

TYIA

Look for tank usb controls on my posts.

I build them myself, as other button boxes too.

20200515_143135.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

I'm still working on the controller as you see. Added a few features and will continue to add more within this week. 

I will install a usb port for when or if I ever decide to interconnect another panel to this one... upgrade type options. This panel is strictly for ww2 era tanks. For something modern such as Abrams or alike, I'd need more controls since modern everything consists of mostly electronics and with that many more functions. 

I hope that I'll be finished by the end of the week. So much soldering involved lol. 

Take care guys, and I'll keep you posted.

20200622_192806.jpg

• Upvote 1

Finished!

Had to make a few adjustments due to a faulty joystick. The twist to zoom in and out function doesn't work and unfortunately I can't send the joystick back for a new one. So I installed a POT just left of the joystick that takes over that function.

I'll keep you posted with future projects. See y'all on the battlefield and in the sky.

20200627_161329.jpg

• Upvote 3

Enough buttons to control a Chinese Mars Lander vehicle ...