Ken5421

Blackouts

This change is very fortunate for me, because i don't need to change anything. Ive always been flying more or less like i am really inside the plane, thanks to VR. 

And since i know more or less my real G tolerances, i always, instinctively did the maneuvers that i would dare to do irl.

I am enjoying the fact that now all my hard work of flying in a way that is easy on your pilot is finally rewarded. 

Now, lets talk about the blackouts...

514JR0QJ9DL._SX385_.jpg.d524ff3220b592a566d3d518c09bb32b.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Upvote 2

If the devs revised the g tolerances and increased 0.5 g to the g tolerance, my bet is that nobody would notice and peeps wouls still black out in maneuvers in absolutely the same way. This is not about „just not enough“, it is about ridiculous flying habits that were rewarded in 20 years of flight simming.

I‘d really appreciate a g indicator to educate people how many g they actually were pulling when chasing down their prey.

12 minutes ago, Fritz_X said:

It's quite ironic that people who claim to want an experience as realistic as possible very often play the 'feelings card' when it comes to change that is based on scientific evidence and facts, because in the end all they communicate boils down to 'I have trouble when it comes to coping with change.'

That's why I posted scientific papers and was not just bringing up "my feelings". 

Ironically the dude who is all in for the current model and is embracing the change is solely going for the "feeling card". Again I like the change, I like G-loc, I dont like total blackout at 6G in non G-Suit planes.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

That's why I posted scientific papers and was not just bringing up "my feelings". 

Ironically the dude who is all in for the current model and is embracing the change is solely going for the "feeling card". Again I like the change, I like G-loc, I dont like total blackout at 6G in non G-Suit planes.

To be honest, my post wasn't aimed at you personally at all. I was just answering motoadve's initial question, the one I quoted.

No hard feelings, man 🙂

Edited by Fritz_X

9 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

Secondly, gameplay related the defensive dogfights at speed are now really boring. The defender has to get rid of speed, if he can't the fight just developes into a tight "tunnel" downwards or a flat turn.

In old version, if you got slow, you would be endlessly seal clubbed by the high E opponent. Making opponent overshoot was a fools gambit because of how easy you can recover your energy with no cost to pilots stamina. Now, doing the vertical loop da woops in F4 over some poor yak will no longer work. The real defensive flying is finally viable. 

Yesterday i managed to pull defensive flying where i forced enemy to overshoot because i changed direction few times , with just right amount of force, so that getting lead made my pursuer to black out forcing the overshoot. Before the patch, that kind of flying would just earn you a "hole in your right wing", because no amount of G would hamper pilots ability to engage.

Gone are the days where you can BnZ at crazy speed and pull straight up to recover most of your energy. And now you see far far less stick jerking back and forth. 

The dogfights are not boring, they are just different. And some people need to learn the new ways of playing, while some of us finally get rewarded for their adherence to realism.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

This change is very fortunate for me, because i don't need to change anything. Ive always been flying more or less like i am really inside the plane, thanks to VR. 

Ha ha I dont need vr for that. But I too fly vr now. 
I read a book I owned for years about a german ace. He also did tours as a instructor. Late war most bombers was disbanded and their pilots got  other jobs. Some was successfully transitioned to jabos, but those transfering to fighters ran quickly into problems. 
they flew too perfect, simply could not make the maneuvers needed in order to survive in a fighter.
I think I am one of them. I really had to go well over my comfort zone in order to notice the new g lock. If I had not read about it I never would have noticed it  

4 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Ha ha I dont need vr for that. But I too fly vr now. 
I read a book I owned for years about a german ace. He also did tours as a instructor. Late war most bombers was disbanded and their pilots got  other jobs. Some was successfully transitioned to jabos, but those transfering to fighters ran quickly into problems. 
they flew too perfect, simply could not make the maneuvers needed in order to survive in a fighter.
I think I am one of them. I really had to go well over my comfort zone in order to notice the new g lock. If I had not read about it I never would have noticed it  

If you have ever flown in real plane with crazy pilot, the VR kind of give you the sense of presence that flat screen will never be able to replicate. It brings you back to the moment.

Part of the skilled fighter pilot is to know how to mitigate G's, like making turn using earths gravity to assist. 

I guess people need to learn the virtues of lag pursuit instead of pulling MAXIMUM ALPHA for that hail-mary deflection shot and then e-recovery in to vertical, like they are used to(literally every "good" 109 pilot did this pre patch).  

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

36 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

Again I like the change, I like G-loc, I dont like total blackout at 6G in non G-Suit planes.

I believe like all new things in this game it is subject for changing 

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

I guess people need to learn the virtues of lag pursuit instead of pulling MAXIMUM ALPHA

my problem with fighters is not my bad aim or lack of aerodynamical knowledge. It is simply tactical understanding. Or lack of it. I am a bomber pilot I go at the target and blow it up. 

I always choose the wrong angle or time to engage. If I fly with someone who have these skills I am doing fine, while I before the attack must restrain myself thinking what the hell are we waiting for

Edited by LuseKofte