Sign in to follow this  
beebee23

P-38 Keybind for turbocharger

sorry for my english..... i find the way to bind keys for manage the p-47 but i can't get anything to manage the turbo in p-38. Is it possible to interconnect throttle & turbo ? like p-47 ?

which keys/ keyboard shortcut ?🙄l

Yeah the turbo is completely automated in the P-38. It's part of what makes it such a joy to fly. 

It's easy to forget, but the P-38 was one of the most technologically sophisticated piston-engine fighters of WW2. Which is also part of the reason why its use became more limited towards the end of the war. It was far more expensive to produce and operate than either the P-47 or the P-51.

6 hours ago, Finkeren said:

Yeah the turbo is completely automated in the P-38. It's part of what makes it such a joy to fly. 

It's easy to forget, but the P-38 was one of the most technologically sophisticated piston-engine fighters of WW2. Which is also part of the reason why its use became more limited towards the end of the war. It was far more expensive to produce and operate than either the P-47 or the P-51.

And the P47 was already like twice as expensive as the P51 I think, which says something.

3 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

And the P47 was already like twice as expensive as the P51 I think, which says something.

Which is why the USAAF scrapped the majority of P38s and P47s very quickly after the war.  They were too expensive to operate, too complicated to maintain, and had higher pilot work loads than the P51, which could do pretty much everything the other planes could do, for less money.

• Upvote 1