Sign in to follow this  
marcost

~solved~ How to activate cockpit photo?

Hi,

3.201 - I can see the .dds cockpit images in the plane/textures folders and I have the third tab next to the aircraft skin selection tab. But when I click the third tab, there is no option to select the cockpit photo on any aircraft ??

~~~~ solved~~~~ it's a mod conflict, just need to work out which one

Edited by marcost

Which plane?  here is what I have for the P-38...the old is the original....also there is only the one selection....you can not for example have 5 pics to select from...only the one named custom_photo will show in game.

Textures.zip

Edited by 216th_Cathaoir

I'm not trying to add a photo, my problem is that I can't see the default ones and the third tab is empty even though the files are there in the textures folder. I'm just trying to get the default ones to show up!

Thanks

It doesn't show you any files or photos in the menu. Just an icon for a photo, and all you do is select wether you want the feature on or off. Not off at all, just misunderstood. 

Would be happy if I had misunderstood, but I'm saying there is no option at all. No icons, nothing

All aircraft the same. Example:

image.thumb.png.27c9901511b743ec4625b89f655f0154.png

15 minutes ago, marcost said:

Would be happy if I had misunderstood, but I'm saying there is no option at all. No icons, nothing

All aircraft the same. Example:

Oh!  I take my words back, seems I'm the one who misunderstood.

That looks.. broken.

I too have this problem running 3.201c. The .dds files are where they are supposed to be but there is nothing in any of various menus to activate a cockpit photo. I don't even have a menu with the three tabs as shown in Marcost's screenshot. I just ran a complete clean re-install with no extra or third party mods and still have no cockpit photos or any buttons to activate them. I must be missing something but I don't know what, or where else to look.

I found it on the screen for aircraft setup. This is on the bottom right before entering into the mission. 

Edited by 69Yanks

I found the 'Historical Splashscreens' mod clashes with the cockpit photos. Turn that mod off and photos work ok for me.