Han

Developer Diary 233 - Discussion

9 hours ago, Nosedive_Ned said:

I only have an AMD A10 CPU and an AMD Radeon R9 380 4G Card and mine runs really well.........Until Norton decides it wants to run a scan or performance check in the background (Insert pee'd off emoij)

Sadly the price we pay sometimes as there is no function to "Disable" Norton (Safely) whilst Games are running (Happens on State of Decay too where it looks like I am making a clip motion movie 😛 )

There is. Just uninstall the yellow plague. Win10 comes with a scanner already to make you feel safe. You don‘t need to root kit your system further.

If you‘re unsure about a file, there is always virustotal.com. Use it. The idea of having a taster works only if you can let him die in case of him eating poison. If you share your life with him (as your system does with the av scanner), then by sheer logic you don‘t want him to eat before he looks. It simply doesn‘t work that way to counter new threats, neither logically nor technically. It never has.

The only viable way to stay safe is to plug the holes in your system that serve as attack vectors. This means updates, not further layers of complexity that can well serve as attack vectors themselves.

What is undoubtably a positive thing about these scanners, that is when some idiot builds a 0day exploit and the scanner uploads that one right away as it of course looks suspicious and hence another 0day is burned. It happens. That would be one of those 0days that our governments like to buy to... to protect us.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Human controlled flak won't be able to hit anything without aim assist. 

Humans will do fine with no aim assist at all: it is no different from any other deflection shot. With a fast firing gun the key is to select a point on the target's line of flight and fire a burst without trying to track the target: the target fires through the stream of projectiles. 

But they would not live long in TC: to be effective LAA needs long sight lines, which usually means that the enemy can also see it. They would be priority targets for anything in range, just as they were in RL.  

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Is there any plan to provide Xbox One Controller support for Tanks as it currently works now with Planes?
This will be the main selling point for me for this tanks project.
Thanks.

Edited by Zeev

Panther is such a sexy model, I literally have to hold down my credit card as that thing seems to have it's own gravitational field, LOL. Nice job!

• Haha 1

I have suggestions for developers. Play War Thunder and see how the game should look and how smooth it should be. Maybe it will help you.  Still help you cooperation with nvidia. 

😂😂😂😂😂At this stage, the game is unplayable by stutters.

Edited by NORD80
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, NORD80 said:

I have suggestions for developers. Play War Thunder and see how the game should look and how smooth it should be. Maybe it will help you.  Still help you cooperation with nvidia. 

The game is unplayable? What game was I playing last night then???
*twilight zone music*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

The game is unplayable? What game was I playing last night then???
*twilight zone music*

How to get rid of stutters???

43 minutes ago, NORD80 said:

Please, Jason, just give the man his refund.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NORD80 said:

Once you get stutters just press Ctrl+E for the frametime reduction. That should bring a gust of fresh air to your performance.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, NORD80 said:

I was playing with stutters. It was annoying but not so bad as to be unplayable, which is a word that gets thrown around a lot here and has lost all meaning.

There are currently several threads where you are being given advice on how to combat stutters and many people have had success using those methods. I have had some success with them as well...things are not perfect but I have improved them.

If they don't work for you, I'm sorry. I would suggest you keep trying different settings and test things out to try and isolate the issue on your setup. Posting in this thread about it is not going to help anyone, least of all yourself. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NORD80 said:

You can see my specs in signature. 
I fly with Rift plus with maxed out settings. 
I have no stutter and all I did was plugging the Rift in. 
I do have some areas of stutter in campaign I probably need to take a look at my graphic settings. 
now cimpare this to DCS. I really had to set my settings down. Comparing it to warthunder is

plain stupidity. And render your complain totally useless 

5 hours ago, NORD80 said:

Everytime I read his "comments" I feel like I just visit the Steam page of Il-2 BoX. Same speech, same attitude that I read every day on Steam.

Everything is "meh"

Dev. must do this,or this ASAP!!!!

Game is unplayable

Dev. are lazy A****les

Want my money back

I have payed sooooo much for this game. Everything is crap

My superduper NASA rig runs Warthunder at 250FPS. IL-devs. are idiots

Dont buy this crap game. I want a refund..NOW

..and so on..and so on.

Even he gets a lot of help from the comunity, users like him didn´t stop with complaints and insults. I´m tired of this.

@unreasonable is right here IMHO. Jason, please give this guy his refund.

Edited by Semor76
typos
  • Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Once you get stutters just press Ctrl+E for the frametime reduction. That should bring a gust of fresh air to your performance.

That, Sir, was mean 😄

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

That, Sir, was mean 😄

I think it was commensurate with his warthunder comment.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I think it was commensurate with his warthunder comment.

You have a point.

4 hours ago, NORD80 said:

I've seen you complain about multiple things on multiple threads, demanding the devs an explanation.... just don't play if you dont like it. Really???? Warthunder? Gtfo!

• Thanks 1

I wish I could express how GD annoying it is I have to completely reset up the game and my HoTas with every update. Pretty much why I stopped playing it. Hours, every stinking time. And BTW, I'm not making a performance claim. With my 1080 Ti and 6850K I can run it maxed out @ 4Kand it runs very smooth over 60 FPS at all times.

My issue is the updates basically wiping out your settings. Even though it asks to import your old settings. It blows them up and nothing works. You have to start over.

Edited by HeavyHemi

Never had any issue with my controls, even though I do use a custom built "switchbox" representing itself as two additional controllers, together with my Saitek X-52 Pro.

Never ever had to reconfigure anything with any update, not in all those years since I bought the game.

:drinks:

Mike

• Upvote 2

@HHemi, whatever the obscure reason for reset is, why don't you make a backup of your settings then? It's literally one folder for controllers (data/input) and one file for gfx/sound (startup.cfg).

6 hours ago, HeavyHemi said:

I wish I could express how GD annoying it is I have to completely reset up the game and my HoTas with every update. Pretty much why I stopped playing it. Hours, every stinking time. And BTW, I'm not making a performance claim. With my 1080 Ti and 6850K I can run it maxed out @ 4Kand it runs very smooth over 60 FPS at all times.

My issue is the updates basically wiping out your settings. Even though it asks to import your old settings. It blows them up and nothing works. You have to start over.

Every update it asks to import your settings? The only time I've been asked that is when I've plugged in new controllers. It should not be doing that every update.

I think the game asks that when it doesnt recognize your controllers properly. I have seen a few threads where the devices.txt is the culprit. You may want to look at this thread here, its not exactly your issue but it may be the same underlying cause.

I'm not sure about make this question here or at Tank Crew thread.... DEV´s ¿ It is possible to make an option for add the anti-tank rifle armor-plating just at turrets of Panzer III and IV ?

20180705kurszk10.jpg

Just a question to the devs:

is there a chance to have more choices in the orders box?

I would love to see the possibility to ask for help from a nearby pilot in a case of difficult time against an enemy 

1 hour ago, DN308 said:

Just a question to the devs:

is there a chance to have more choices in the orders box?

I would love to see the possibility to ask for help from a nearby pilot in a case of difficult time against an enemy 

This is something that is missing since the release of the career mode. Before, with the old campaign mode, it was not neccessary, as the player was always the leader, so he could call for help with the command 'Cover me'. But  being just one pilot of the flight you are pretty much on your own. The only thing, that sometimes helps me is to draw the enemy fighters to my squadmates. Sometimes they attack the enemy, sometimes they don't.

I really like how the IL2 platform has improved time and time again. Just as a added note I watched the Froogle YouTube interview with Jason Williams and it sounds pretty exciting on what the future holds, meaning a Pacific or Korean scenario. So Jason keep up with the good work and your interview gave me some insight on where it's at. I initially found and purchased this game on Steam but didn't realise at the time I could just purchase direct from this website. So I'll be making future purchases which will support you guys better. 

Cheers

Jason R👍   

• Thanks 1

For my part, I stopped playing bos. I am very disappointed with the direction of the development of the game.

Since the last update, the visiblity has deteriorated considerably, the management of G is unrealistic and the flight models do not move in the right direction (too arcade). I rediscover with great pleasure Cliff of Dover.

If that does not change, 1c game lost a client.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

@OBT-Lionel. I also feel that Cliff of Dover is underestimated by many.

However I do not really share your assessment on BOX.

I'm convinced they will fix that visibility problem, G stuff etc.  

Talking about 'great pleasure' ... that is what I, personally, get more from IL-2 then CloD or even DCS or whatever other sim.

'Arcade' feeling ? That too is to me not always bad.

But if people really only like the 'sim-' part one might better stick with the DCS WWII effort where it seems (to me) only the planes themselves and their FM matter.

YMMV of course. 

• Upvote 2

@OBT-Lionel. I do understand what you mean and maybe you (hardcore simmer?) might be better served by e.g. the DCS WWII offering ?

I have all DCS WWII and love it for the warbird attention-to-detail but until now the WWII environment of DCS is lacking.

But if you don t care about that it might surely suite you well.

I, personally, enjoy the trade-off (?) that IL-2 offers in regard to an all-in-one experience. 

Enjoy.

7 hours ago, OBT-Lionel said:

For my part, I stopped playing bos. I am very disappointed with the direction of the development of the game.

Since the last update, the visiblity has deteriorated considerably, the management of G is unrealistic and the flight models do not move in the right direction (too arcade). I rediscover with great pleasure Cliff of Dover.

If that does not change, 1c game lost a client.

We can't be all things to all people as hard ad we try. Cliffs may have whatever you are seeking. Desert Wings is in development, also part of 1C. Your complaints are noted. 

Jason

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Was interesting listening to the Frooglesim interview. Thanks for elaborating all these points @Jason_Williams. Still amazing to see how this sim progressed over the years. Great job!

"Desert Wings" ... will that be the official name of Team Fusion ? CloD 5.0 ?

TF 5 already looks incredible from what I have seen here.

I am so glad Cliff of Dover Blitz did not die !  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OBT-Lionel said:

the management of G is unrealistic and the flight models do not move in the right direction (too arcade)

While I somewhat agree that other areas need a bit of refinement, what's unrealistic about g forces and flight models?

33 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

When we read historical stories of pilots from the Second World War, they do not mention problems of loss of consciousness.

This WWII pilot even does the Churchill (or Agincourt) salute before G-loc occurs.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard

5 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

These planes had cable flight controls. It was impossible for the pilots to have enough muscular strength to pull as many g's.

After the war on jet planes with hydraulic flight controls the problem of the G was a big problem.

When we read historical stories of pilots from the Second World War, they do not mention problems of loss of consciousness.

Utter nonsense. If WW2 aircraft were incapable of 'pulling many Gs' they wouldn't have developed anti-G suits.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Imho the development curve of BoX is steady pointing  upwards, since more than 7 yrs. I respect if some are not happy with certain aspects, but the team is doing a great job in development and communication to their customers.

G forces got introduced since a few weeks. Features/products move produtive after pilot phases and will then be fine adjusted by time.

So be fair, give this feature its time to find its way into this great sim.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

This WWII pilot even does the Churchill (or Agincourt) salute when G-loc occurs.

"Jog on, gravity!"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

Andy, The anti g suits were not put into service during the second world.

Please do yourself a favour and do a little research before posting any more cluelessness.

• Upvote 5