Han

Developer Diary 233 - Discussion

Hopefully the cloud update will again take my FPS back to what it was before the last patch, sadly, try as I might, all the suggestions so far by the development team have been to no avail, great to know work continues though with that and other aspects of the game so the next update is eagerly awaited.;)

The Panther and SU-122 look absolutely stunning, unfortunately as of yet I have spent very little time with either TC or FC but the continued development looks superb and hopefully will go forward into further modules for both.:drinks:

Thank you very much for the update, really appreciated.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Yes of course. Someday we’ll be able to do it.

Jason

Give us a heads up, we are going to need new underwear!

• Haha 3

Certainly one of the most important graphical features and I’m really happy to see improvements in this area; looking superb. I don’t have the most cutting edge machine, but I’m amazed how good the game looks and how well it runs already.

I hope the shoreline can be remake,  there are too many copy/paste textures and jaggies now...

• Upvote 2

There is no winter version of the map yet and the title takes place on Jan 1, so I suspect more is coming.  Nice to have it and IMHO it's much better than not having it at all.

• Upvote 7

Will the map continue to be worked on? I've found a bunch of missing towns and villages which would have been there at the time. Hope these will be added in down the line. 

For instance south of Brussels, there are only two towns in game (one of which is misspelled: Nivelles not Nirvelles), when in reality this area has a bunch of towns and villages, as well as Waterloo town and memorial mound and surrounds. 

Edited by ACG_Woop
  • Upvote 2

Map looks fine to me, we cant expect every detail also having a bunch of towns every mile will be stutter hell....it already is performance heavy, unless they polish engine!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ACG_Woop said:

Will the map continue to be worked on? I've found a bunch of missing towns and villages which would have been there at the time. Hope these will be added in down the line. 

For instance south of Brussels, there are only two towns in game (one of which is misspelled: Nivelles not Nirvelles), when in reality this area has a bunch of towns and villages, as well as Waterloo town and memorial mound and surrounds. 

I'm sorry, but we cannot build and display every town, village or city. This goes for every map we've ever done.

Jason

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I'm sorry, but we cannot build and display every town, village or city. This goes for every map we've ever done.

Jason

When in one of my missions an important location is missing on the map, I build it myself using the Block objects in the mission editor. One problem when doing this is that many of the village and town objects are only available as parts of larger groups. It would help people who build their own map templates when all objects were available separately too.

Edited by Juri_JS
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Give us a heads up, we are going to need new underwear!

That would be awsome. It's a joy to work with PBR materials as well, it's so quick to get good results in painting software with metallic roughness workflow. Guessing the artists will have a blast with it too.

I'm very interested in the commander and PL functionalities as they are what is going to make me buy TC or not. Will they be testable with the standard tanks from BoS?

3 hours ago, Eisenfaustus said:

I'm very interested in the commander and PL functionalities as they are what is going to make me buy TC or not. Will they be testable with the standard tanks from BoS?

You might want to watch the Tank Crew section down in the main forum, once it is out. Surely players will post there what they think about it.

1 hour ago, Yogiflight said:

You might want to watch the Tank Crew section down in the main forum, once it is out. Surely players will post there what they think about it.

Yes I'll do that - thank you. But trying it myself with a Pz III would be even better of course :D

Add my thanks to Dev team for continuing to push out optmisations while the main thrust is on content development.

Speaks to a mature and confident production environment.

Kudos.

Will we ever see self propelled artillery vehicles for TC like the Wasp and the Su-76 for example? And maybe a sort of spotting mechanic with light aircraft like the Po-2?

Being able to bombard artillery positions, other tanks and factories from afar, and having a semi-realistic mechanic for calculating elevation and windage, as well as using a spotting mechanic in conjunction with spotter planes and other vehicles could be interesting. Kind of Tank Crews equivalent of bomber aircraft. That and it would kind of fun just lobbing shells and seeing where they land. 😉

02498.jpg 2eac4a80203aaa2ab08bafc0dcee5388.jpg

I'm certainly going to pick up Tank Crew at this point. Its really shaping up to be a cool module.

Edited by Motherbrain
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, NORD80 said:

Hi All.

When are you developers going to fix this broken game? I am thinking of the stutters jamming.

For my part, I asked for a refund for the Battle of Bodenplatte extension, because of stutters, we will see if developers will approach the topic seriously. For now, their behavior is some slow jokes. First of all, they should fix the stutters so that we can play at all.

I suggest to everyone who is in this game to open their eyes.

Best Regards

NORD

On what grounds are you asking for a refund?

The game is not finished yet, it is still being worked on...

And if the past is any indication, they do try to fix bug/obvious issues when they arise.

My advise, keep calm and at least wait until the next update.

Edited by =FEW=fernando11

perhaps your stutters are nothing to do with the game,

maybe a problem with your pc.

i have a low grade system and I run the game lovely smooth with no stutters

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NORD80 said:

When are you developers going to fix this broken game? I am thinking of the stutters jamming.

I suggest to everyone who is in this game to open their eyes.

You should try playing X-plane11 or Prepar3D some time. If you think the stutters in Il-2 are bad, wait until you see the stutters and frame rates in those sims, even on lower graphics settings. Il-2 runs fairly decent all things considered. Especially for how nice it looks.

First of all, any flight sim is going to be hard on your PC, if not on your GPU then on your CPU. Second, the sad reality is as long as flight sims are a niche market, their never really going to be on the more powerful and more expensive graphics and game engines that might have better optimization. With maybe the exception on the new Flight Simulator 2020, but that's only because Microsoft has billions and billions of dollars of basically disposable income.

The truth is, you need a hefty PC to run flight sims. Its always been that way. Its just the nature of the beast.

I'm running my copy of Il-2GB on my 1000$ gaming laptop and after fidgeting with the graphics settings I'm getting 40fps give or take just fine.

Now one thing I will say is the menus, especially in the map section does stutter very bad. But I'm sure they will fix it at some point.

Edited by Motherbrain

I really do not get stutters, I only have a 1050 ti graphics card.

granted I get lag when busy situations but I would expect that with the hardware I have.

background processes were the cause of my stutters and poor gaming experience before,ie windows updates running in the background plus many other things,

I will not get into too much detail but there are many vids and forums out there that can help

Edited by meplanes1969

I hardly get stutters. In fact, IL2 series is about the only sim that just runs smooth out of the box for me. (Yes, RoF did too.) Getting P3D smooth with a lot of addons is a game in a game in contrast.

Many people have crapware on their system installed as well (virus scanners come to mind) and it is well possible that there can be interference from these programs.

If IL2 suddenly behaves differently, bets are that your system is doing things.

On 10/13/2019 at 6:10 AM, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

I do hope that you will fix some rather serious glitches like Maastricht not having any bridges? 

On 10/12/2019 at 7:36 AM, Missionbug said:

Hopefully the cloud update will again take my FPS back to what it was before the last patch, sadly, try as I might, all the suggestions so far by the development team have been to no avail, great to know work continues though with that and other aspects of the game so the next update is eagerly awaited.;)

try these on for size:biggrin:

should hold ya down while waiting for the next update. That is if you use mods. 

Jason,

With the last patch I was under the impression that a new setting for clouds would be available; however I don’t see a new setting.  I play on steam and perhaps they’ve yet to install it, but they have announced it will be available.  Any thoughts?

Non-Steam players have not had a new update either.  The announcement was a bit ambiguous but I think they were just saying that they have managed to squeeze a last minute improvement into the *upcoming* patch due in a week or two.

Just now, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Non-Steam players have not had a new update either.  The announcement was a bit ambiguous but I think they were just saying that they have managed to squeeze a last minute improvement into the *upcoming* patch due in a week or two.

This is correct.

Jason

I tried to play this game. But unfortunately stuters prevented me from doing so. Although I have 100fps, the game is still broken and negative. I can't imagine such a situation in War Thunder or World of Tanks, for example, with developers taking such a long time to fix it. Especially that the game is not free and you have to pay. So pay, we hope that the game will work. Unfortunately, IL2 developers do not respect players' time. But it's no wonder considering the level of this studio. All this situation is disgusting and I hope I get a refund for the last purchased BATTLE OF BODENPLATTE.

Best REgards

NORD

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 4

Thank you for working on the clouds.

With the new visibility, we spend our time trying to camouflage ourselves in all we can, and the clouds have become our friends.

I hope that one day we can have localized rain clouds, more vertical clouds, destabilizing effects inside some, a visible development during the mission, and many other things.

The creation of clouds in which it would be strongly discouraged to return, would be interesting on the tactics and the choice of the flight plan.

1920px-Cumulonimbus_seen_from_Milano-Mal

Edited by -IRRE-Axurit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NORD80 said:

I tried to play this game. But unfortunately stuters prevented me from doing so. Although I have 100fps, the game is still broken and negative. I can't imagine such a situation in War Thunder or World of Tanks, for example, with developers taking such a long time to fix it. Especially that the game is not free and you have to pay. So pay, we hope that the game will work. Unfortunately, IL2 developers do not respect players' time. But it's no wonder considering the level of this studio. All this situation is disgusting and I hope I get a refund for the last purchased BATTLE OF BODENPLATTE.

Best REgards

NORD

Well, there's always That Other Flight 'Simulator', for example, just to let you see, by way of direct comparison, what a really unresponsive developer and sterile flying environment can be like; good luck with your complaints to them.  Come back when you've visited those barren shores and seen the incomplete, unaddressed bug-lists there that are literally decades old.

Every BoX patch has come with its share of problems, and every problem list has been addressed as best as can be and much faster than I expected, given the resources available.

That said, however, every patch has also given us tremendous new material and broader, more exciting worlds in which to play.  Try to be a half-full glass kind-of person, it's way easier on your nerves.

p.s. by the way, reverse psychology is just not going to work.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, NORD80 said:

Best REgards

NORD

It could be worse, at least you're not being charged 30,000 "Silver Lions" just to spawn or grinding multiple hours just to unlock a mod that was never used operationally only to be tiered against planes that you have "0" chance of defeating. And don't even get me started on the worthlessness of flying bombers. Now THAT is what I call a joke. But, back on topic now.

I'm excited to see the new improved clouds! Thanks devs! Bring on the update! :drinks:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

It could be worse, at least you're not being charged 30,000 "Silver Lions" just to spawn or grinding multiple hours just to unlock a mod that was never used operationally only to be tiered against planes that you have "0" chance of defeating. And don't even get me started on the worthlessness of flying bombers. Now THAT is what I call a joke. But, back on topic now.

I'm excited to see the new improved clouds! Thanks devs! Bring on the update! :drinks:

Ewww.... i know what game you're talking about

4. The forum is not pre-moderated and objectionable material may occur without our knowledge; messages posted on the forum have not previously been viewed and have not been edited by forum administration. However, forum administration and moderators reserve the right to edit messages after being posted.

5. Moderators oversee the different sections of the forum and they have the right to edit and delete posts or close the entire topic without explanation.

6. It is forbidden to discuss the actions of moderators and administrators in any form on the forum. All questions are to be sent via "personal message" to the administrator/moderator.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

About the advance of Tank Crew , a collector vehicle Flakpanzer-4 can balance the game with the air guys 😜

960px-Wirbelwind_CFB_Borden_4.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, andres43 said:

About the advance of Tank Crew , a collector vehicle Flakpanzer-4 can balance the game with the air guys 😜

If we got that in TC, only aim assist for bombs and maybe rockets will save aircraft from extinction on servers. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Feathered_IV said:

Human controlled flak won't be able to hit anything without aim assist. 

You are a 'glass half empty' type of personality aren't you? 😁

On 10/11/2019 at 2:08 PM, EAF19_Marsh said:

I'm not a tank guy by nature, but the TC stuff looks amazing!

I am not a Tank guy either - I have an older Brother who is..........He builds the Plastic Model Kits Tamiya etc and keeps sending me photo's of his work............He spent 6 months building one kit .. (Yawn) ........  😛 

However, a few bottles of Beer on a Friday night and a quick blast on the Tank Missions and I am really enjoying it 😛 Got to say really impressed with them. Still prefer to get my WIngs on :) 

Love the new clouds.............

But one question for the developers.............Just to be sure ............I have to ask..........

I spent £1500 on my current tower which I built just for IL2................I am not gonna have to build a new one now am I?

Cuz I am already teetering on the edge of Divorce 😛 

Edited by Nosedive_Ned

4 minutes ago, Thad said:

You are a 'glass half empty' type of personality aren't you? 😁

Lord no! I’m talking from a pilot’s perspective. 😉

On 10/14/2019 at 5:33 PM, ZachariasX said:

I hardly get stutters. In fact, IL2 series is about the only sim that just runs smooth out of the box for me. (Yes, RoF did too.) Getting P3D smooth with a lot of addons is a game in a game in contrast.

Many people have crapware on their system installed as well (virus scanners come to mind) and it is well possible that there can be interference from these programs.

If IL2 suddenly behaves differently, bets are that your system is doing things.

I only have an AMD A10 CPU and an AMD Radeon R9 380 4G Card and mine runs really well.........Until Norton decides it wants to run a scan or performance check in the background (Insert pee'd off emoij)

Sadly the price we pay sometimes as there is no function to "Disable" Norton (Safely) whilst Games are running (Happens on State of Decay too where it looks like I am making a clip motion movie 😛 )