Here is a you tube video showing a side by side through the lens comparison of the Pimax 8KX vs HP Reverb.

The users rig looks to be a top of the line which is required to achieve the performance level shown.

I realize these things have to be viewed with bit of skepticism as they are too often slewed in one direction or another, however if the PIMAX 8KX is

in reality as good as the video shows and then combined with the PIMAX large FOV then it is the best available.

Just a side-note fwiw, Sweviver is employed by Pimax.

15 minutes ago, dburne said:

Just a side-note fwiw, Sweviver is employed by Pimax.

I fully realize that and it is just one  reason of many that I stated that these comparison videos must be viewed with some skepticism.  

Or from someone independent. MRTV perhaps?

A feedback from Fenris would also be appreciated if he gets a chance to try both in MRTV Experience 👍

• Upvote 1

With my Pimaxx customer experience of lies and delays, when I ordered mine, which they sent the headset only as soon as I canceled my order, they never replied e mails,  and to get a refund  I had to do a claim via PayPal to get my money back.

I am not buying Pimaxx ever!

What a load of biased tosh! My poor little Rift S looks way sharper and detailed than the Reverb views shown in that video.

I would happily replace my Reverb with something better, but I remain convinced that the Reverb is the best that current GPUs can handle.  Also, the Reverb images in the video seem to be blurrier than what I see on mine.

My reverb is sharper than what i see there. It has a small sweet spot, but I don't see any sweet spot in that vid. 

I think that video is way to skewed to favor pimaxx. Judging by the YT comments and here, I don't think I am too far off. 

11 hours ago, apollon01 said:

Or from someone independent. MRTV perhaps?

A feedback from Fenris would also be appreciated if he gets a chance to try both in MRTV Experience 👍

Unfortunately MRTV is far from independent. He failed to disclose a bunch of the problems with his early Reverb review unit, for example. At the end of the day I think you have to try the headsets to be really sure.

That said, Pimax 8K+ does seem like it has impressive specs, and the software is getting better over time.

Is the 8KX the one that's running at the screen's native resolution, rather than up-scaling the way the 8K+ did? 

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Is the 8KX the one that's running at the screen's native resolution, rather than up-scaling the way the 8K+ did? 

yes