onlyforbrian

Blackouts and spins.

Can someone please help me figure this out. My game was running great, flying was fantastic and now, suddenly it's not. First of all,  I thought this update was supposed to have an option to turn off blackouts and spins. It was running okay, I could pull high Gs, then I'd get a heavy breathing warning I was about to grey out, so I could adjust, now it's not, I get no heavy breathing, and I'm blacking out in the slghtest turn, I don't think I'm even think I'm pulling 3 Gs, I can't even stay in a turn with an Me110 for crying out loud. The planes are also going into a spin I can't get out of at the same time. Also when I do black out, the pilot is staying blacked out for 5-10 seconds, so 90% of the time I crash anyway. I went into custom realism and set "Simplified physics" and "simplified physiology" and nothing seems to help. Why can't  you guys just add a couple simple buttons in settings. "No Blackouts" and "no spins". Or at least tell me what's going on. After I go into "Custom Realism" and select my settings, I go back to Normal Realism, or am I supposed to stay in Custom Realism" for the settings to work? Just a thought. Also, if I stay in "Custom Realism" my "M" map function doesn't work. I don't mind the blackouts, but they should be set at a much higher G level. The way it is now, I'm just getting frustrated.

The new physiology system takes into account not only how many G's, but also how fast you reach high G level, and how much positive and negative G you've had to fight  through up to that point. If it's bad enough, you don't just black out, you'll be unconscious. 

Spins are the same as far as I'm aware, you just have to maintain control. I'm not aware of any changes that would impact going into a spin. Maybe somethimg changed with your control curve or calibration? It sounds to me like you're just having trouble managing G load and keeping control, for whatever reason.  The new system is great from all I've experienced, and the old system is still there if you turn off the advanced physiology. If none of that is working for you, it sounds like a problem on your end. 

Good luck getting it sorted out! 

Edited by Eclipse4349
Phone keyboard mistakes
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Eclipse4349 said:

The new physiology system takes I to accou t not o ly how many H's, but also how fast you reach high G level, and how much positive and negative G you've had to fight  through up to that point. If it's bad enough, you don't just black out, you'll be unconscious. 

Spins are the same as far as I'm aware, you just have to maintain control. I'm not aware of any changes that would impact going I to a spin. Maybe somethimg changed with your control curve or calibration? It sounds to me like you're just having trouble managing G load and keeping control, for whatever reason.  The new system is great from all I've experienced, and the old system is still there if you turn off the advanced physiology. If none of that is working for you, it sounds like a problem on your end. 

Good luck getting it sorted out! 

thanks for the reply

You're welcome. Making smooth and controlled movements is key, more so now that G effects and tolerance are better simulated.  Maintaining enough airspeed and managing your rudder to not stall or slip yourself into a spin is also important. You can also stall at higher airspeed by deflecting your control surfaces so severely that you lose lift from the airflow over the wings being too disrupted (an aerodynamic stall, caused by pulling too hard and putting your wings at too high an angle of attack). If you don't have rudder pedals or a twist rudder on your stick, make sure you have rudder assist toggled on.

Maybe you already know all this, but if not I hope it helps. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Eclipse4349 said:

You're welcome. Making smooth and controlled movements is key, more so now that G effects and tolerance are better simulated.  Maintaining enough airspeed and managing your rudder to not stall or slip yourself into a spin is also important. You can also stall at higher airspeed by deflecting your control surfaces so severely that you lose lift from the airflow over the wings being too disrupted (an aerodynamic stall, caused by pulling too hard and putting your wings at too high an angle of attack). If you don't have rudder pedals or a twist rudder on your stick, make sure you have rudder assist toggled on.

Maybe you already know all this, but if not I hope it helps. 

I have a thrustmaster T1600m with twist rudder, grown quite used to it, great joystick. Many thanks.