US93_Larner

The Thursday Night Fly-In

I love the way people are flying in these missions.  There is a lot more group flying than I remember, and dogfights are happening with great intensity and disappearing as quickly as they began.  It has a wonderful WWI feel.  

• Like 3

Who moved this? Put it back in FC please! I dont want to sift through all of the other stuff to find FC info...

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Chill31 said:

I love the way people are flying in these missions.  There is a lot more group flying than I remember, and dogfights are happening with great intensity and disappearing as quickly as they began.  It has a wonderful WWI feel.  

You should try it in a SPAD with us sometime ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chill31 said:

Who moved this? Put it back in FC please! I dont want to sift through all of the other stuff to find FC info...

Agreed. 

Great fun last night - one particular dogfight sticks in mind....a flight of between eight to ten Germans vs. a flight of seven SPADs....halfway into the fight a flight of five S.E.5as arrives and dives in. Cinematic stuff! 

Edited by US93_Larner
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chill31 said:

Obviously the work of some amateur lol.

IMO the appropriate threads should be pinned to the top of the FC general discussions tab.

Edited by J5_Klugermann
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, J5_Klugermann said:

Obviously the work of some amateur lol.

IMO the appropriate threads should be pinned to the top of the FC general discussions tab.

Might be but he apparently had the cloud to;

6 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

Solid night!  

Screenshot_20200214-154351.thumb.png.bb770bb01902f13e4cc4061577159e53.png

Look at that! Awesome to see.

23 hours ago, Chill31 said:

Agreed. On Thursdays in RoF we found tactics shifted on both sides to more grouping up and flying in flights. It's good to see that taking place in FC now. 

This week I found that the more tactically aware enemy plus the cloud layer created a tricky, but immersive experience.

That big engagement with 12 or 13 entente against 8 Central was classic, though at no time did it evolve into a messy furball, more like a series of deadly, cut-n-thrusts followed by standoffs and repositioning.

A couple of J30 CL2s gave us a fright towards the end, recalling some of our classic scraps with their 2 seaters.

Great flying all. Really looking forward were to next week.

Here's a livestream replay. Unfortunately YouTube must have changed something (maybe related to the Kids content declaration!) and I had to create a new stream. So this one misses our first patrol, which had a classic moment attacking a Dr1 and Pfalz.

Edited by US103_Baer