Sign in to follow this  
SAG

Tank Crew is still unplayable in VR

Posted (edited)

I've spoken about this before on the forums but i'm not sure my description of the problem has been clear, so I made a video. I'm posting about this again since the description of the Huge Update made me believe that it had been fixed, and it was, but only when aiming down the reticle, not when just sitting on your chair. they've also changed the way aiming works and I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature but aiming feels crazy now.

I'm doing this to raise awareness of the issue since tank crew is nearing completion as far as I know. (or was it just BoBp?)

Here is the video of me moving the turret, while sitting still in my (real life) chair.

Edited by SAG
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

Well they did fix some of it.  It now works when "hooked" to the gunsight.  Sadly, when just sitting in the gunner or TC position...  it is still not working as we would expect.  

I know they want to get there ( Jason literally told me some of the desires with TC ) but its all a matter of time and money.  Lets have faith but remember that nothing was promised in this regard.

Edited by WIS-Redcoat

Posted (edited)

Turret rotating independent from gunner is a bug, I think they are aware of this one and trying to find some solution.

When it comes to aiming alone this new system is great and allow to simulate cranks in real tanks. It is better to operate using keys than mouse.

It have been used previously in all tank Sims like Panzer Elite, Panzer Commander, T-34 vs Tiger, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942 and so on.

The old Tank Crew "mouse" aiming was derived from arcade shooters like WoT and WT and it gives precision incomparably greater than this of real tanks and it works only in shooters, not in sims. This system alone is responsible for hunting tiniest weakspots in armor crucial in WoT or WT but irrelevant in sims or real WW 2 tank warfare.

Edited by Bies

4 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

Well they did fix some of it.  It now works when "hooked" to the gunsight.  Sadly, when just sitting in the gunner or TC position...  it is still not working as we would expect.  

I know they want to get there ( Jason literally told me some of the desires with TC ) but its all a matter of time and money.  Lets have faith but remember that nothing was promised in this regard.

I know they didn't promise anything, but since they already fixed some of it, I wanted to point out that the rest still isn't working, as they may not know that (It may not have come across as constructive criticism but that is what it was :) )

as for Jason's desires, care to elaborate? ;) 

3 hours ago, Bies said:

When it comes to aiming alone this new system is great and allow to simulate cranks in real tanks. It is better to operate using keys than mouse.

It have been used previously in all tank Sims like Panzer Elite, Panzer Commander, T-34 vs Tiger, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942 and so on.

The old Tank Crew "mouse" aiming was derived from arcade shooters like WoT and WT and it gives precision incomparably greater than this of real tanks and it works only in shooters, not in sims. This system alone is responsible for hunting tiniest weakspots in armor crucial in WoT or WT but irrelevant in sims or real WW 2 tank warfare.

Aaah! thanks for the tip, I didn't know it was supposed to be used with keys to simulate cranks, ill give it a shot! (I was using the mouse and aiming felt crazy)

20 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

Well they did fix some of it.  It now works when "hooked" to the gunsight. 

Hi. Could you help me out on this, please. What is the key command to be 'hooked' to the gunsight? I can't play TC on VR because, as it was since the beginning, my VR view doesn't turn with the gunsight. Thanks.

Once in the gunner seat, take control of the gun or nestle to the gunsight "T" and "Shift T".

Don't expect using the gunsight to be easy in VR, but it can be done.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

Once in the gunner seat, take control of the gun or nestle to the gunsight "T" and "Shift T".

Don't expect using the gunsight to be easy in VR, but it can be done.  

I see. I have been doing that all along. Still,  VR and mouse views move independently from each other. I was hoping that it’ll be like when using TrackIR and mouse. 

Thanks.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:32 PM, BP_Lizard said:

I see. I have been doing that all along. Still,  VR and mouse views move independently from each other. I was hoping that it’ll be like when using TrackIR and mouse. 

Thanks.

as said before on this thread, the tanks sights aren't meant to be used with mouse anymore. use keys! :) 

1 hour ago, SAG said:

as said before on this thread, the tanks sights aren't meant to be used with mouse anymore. use keys! :) 

I must have missed something. Can I move the gunsight using keys now? Which keys? Thanks.

17 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

I must have missed something. Can I move the gunsight using keys now? Which keys? Thanks.

i dont know the default keys but you can map them. i have mine mapped to my pov switch on my joystick. :)