Ouky1991

P-51 D Skins

Just now, LukeFF said:

The topic is about aircraft skins, not why you think German pilots were better.

be nice

• Haha 1

For hose who downloaded Frenesi here I have uploaded a new Airshow and WWII version in my skin thread below:

For both skins I painted the position light housing green. Minor change! I''ve also posted my incoming Bodenplatte Skins. 

Edited by BSS_Ripper*
Third Update
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Updated my Mary Mac skin to do some quick tweaks. Decided to leave the checkerboard pattern as is despite it being slightly undersized, anyone else who wants to spend the time to line that pattern up is free to try 😂

And as a bonus here's a fictional skin I use as my personal one if you feel the need to take your rage out on/impersonate me 

5C46Zvu.jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=161gUYANybnji_vMsZS67Lr1fzvKyEbIO

Edited by thepiespy
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/18/2019 at 1:29 AM, CraigNT55 said:

I've always liked this paint scheme on a P-51 in the ETO.  55th Fighter Group - 348th Fighter Squadron:

55FG_348FS_a_01.jpg

55FG_348FS_a_02.jpg

55FG_348FS_a_03.jpg

@CraigNT55 if it is not to much to ask, can you share with me your template?   I'd like to do these ones: https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/75929-zoukei-mura-p-51-mustang-miss-marilyn-ii/

https://airscapemag.com/2019/01/04/decisions-decisions/ which I will share with the community. 

Many thanks!

Edited by BSS_Ripper*
Added Links
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 6:23 PM, thepiespy said:

P-51D #44-13561 'Short Fuse Sallee' Flown by Maj. Richard E. Turner. Commanding Officer, 356th FS, 354th FG, 9th Air Force. France, October 1944. Turner had 11 Aerial Victories with additional ground targets and V1 interceptions. 

Reveal hidden contents

lNKMa2N.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

DhZ9glZ.jpg

DL Link with normal and censored swastika versions.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QdMPefTA9cuk32rixkuYPwsWdyYHStwm

Yay! Fantastic. I was hoping for this bird!

I've decided to create its own post for Dallas Doll, to avoid further confusion(and so I can link it). It has come to my attention that the shine is wrong. Unfortunately, I can't find any historical pictures that depict it properly. The only one I found seems to be cloudy, as it looks like it rained quite recently when it was taken. 
Also, the sources I found all seem to have some different positions or extra markings. It could be, as it was explained to me, based on different time periods. So, I made 3 skins. Hopefully one of these is the correct(or mostly correct?) one. 

DOWNLOAD (It's the same version and link from my previous posts, no update): 
https://www.mediafire.com/file/hueu7o5c1y5x6m3/Dallas_Doll_414_495_A_V1-_B_V1-_C_v1.7z/file

SCREENSHOTS: 

Spoiler

20191017163502_1.thumb.jpg.ad56d72577ec9207f139661cb89335ef.jpg

20191017163506_1.thumb.jpg.39e6e07a1d962412cdb57bae55f70f3e.jpg

20191017163518_1.thumb.jpg.ebe1ca64e19f2f60468b2fe82b87a050.jpg

20191017163646_1.thumb.jpg.feca8fe2fc425aa3fae68ad64dedb037.jpg

20191017163657_1.thumb.jpg.792c8b3600a6bcc55210ee808c6b8fd1.jpg

20191017163746_1.thumb.jpg.811f80e67322d0c5b611ba159303fb74.jpg

20191017164303_1.thumb.jpg.cea7507fcb928f5c17af41b363ac41e2.jpg

20191017164308_1.thumb.jpg.3be9d79e5cad2c66cefa27719d21ff38.jpg

Edited by DrJester
  • Like 2

Good Lord, a PTO Mustang skin at last. I've been waiting for it since day one. More please! Thanks and keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, smink1701 said:

Another fantastic skin!

Have you thought about doing a P38?

Not at the moment. I don't really fly it, but maybe I will change my mind like I did with 109🤷🏻‍♂️

On 10/27/2019 at 2:15 AM, 8ELT_Grzesiek said:

Mustang MK.IVA  S/ l Witold Łokuciewski, 303 Sq. (Polish) RAF.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ob93nstp1wt55k6/Mustang_Mk_IVA_W.Lokuciewski_303_Sq_PD_D.7z/file

17_3_12_Tytułowe-2.jpg

Mustang_Lokuciewski.jpg..jpg

16_37_5.jpg

16_38_13.jpg

17_7_7.jpg

There's a problem with the "KM112" lettering on the underside of the left wing. It is a mirrored image of the lettering on the underside of the right wing.

2 hours ago, ROTER_BART said:

There's a problem with the "KM112" lettering on the underside of the left wing. It is a mirrored image of the lettering on the underside of the right wing.

Unfortunately, I was unable to reach the archive materials of this aircraft, which show its underside of the wings, so I was forced to rely on the drawings. I post one of them and stick to this version.

Kagero.JPG

11 hours ago, 8ELT_Grzesiek said:

Unfortunately, I was unable to reach the archive materials of this aircraft, which show its underside of the wings, so I was forced to rely on the drawings. I post one of them and stick to this version.

OK, maybe the stencil was applied that way mistakenly in real life then? :scratch_one-s_head:

@onlyforbrian and @DrJester I believe I have found a high enough res photo of Candyman Moose to extract the Moose Head. The reason we don’t find any hi res pics is because this plane was repainted as Ferocious Frankie so images on the web are quite outdated. The other option would be to purchase the 1:144 decal and scan it which I am not prepared to spend for this scheme.  I should have her done over the weekend.  I have to finish up my squad skins first!

Edited by BSS_Ripper*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Ouky, 

Do you think you would have time to prepare a skin for P-51's from the 55th55FG_348FS_a_01.jpg.3ba45e885809bcc36cf10de74e5cec63.jpg FG, 348th FS?  Love your skins.

15 minutes ago, Falcon41 said:

Ouky, 

Do you think you would have time to prepare a skin for P-51's from the 55th55FG_348FS_a_01.jpg.3ba45e885809bcc36cf10de74e5cec63.jpg FG, 348th FS?  Love your skins.

I'll do one ore two more PTO skins and than a break, RDR2 is coming to PC on 5th next week so I won't be making skins for some time.😁 Maybe in a future but I don't promise anything. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ouky1991 said:

P-51D "Upupa Epops". Credit to @ICDP's template.

Link:

https://mega.nz/#!jegWEYbC!EGcVHfwMLPn4r1KjYZhNvNZ9S300dQ21i4eNL6Ez0y8

tordoff-p51.thumb.jpg.64d464159d73290c90e01e3066e8e42c.jpg

This plane lives only 20min driving time from me. =o)

=========================================================

Work has begun, I think I found like 10 planes from the 2nd ACG in the CBI. I figure some people could make NIK's out of La-5FN and Hein's out of MiG's.

I think the lightning bolts are dark matte insignia blue. Because look at how black the code number is and the script for the pilot name compared to the bolt. Also note the contrast between the hood and the bolt. I'll make one tomorrow since I already have the emblem and inscription made from an IL-2 46' skin I made.

67463ac4805593fd07571fc2dac6945e--p-must

Edited by 361st_SPEKTRE76
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mysticpuma said:

That tail work must have been painful, great results though!

Cheers, Mysticpuma

3 hours I think😀

P-51D 'Little Indian' flown by 1Lt Harold Hettema Jr. 1st Fighter Squadron, 2nd Air Commando Group. Kalaikunda, India 1945. This plane was involved in an interesting rescue mission on 26 March 1945. 12 Mustangs of the Air Commando Group attacked Japanese airfields near Rangoon. After downing three Ki-43 "Oscars" attempting to take off from one airfield, two P-51s were downed by Japanese antiaircraft fire forcing their pilots to make crash landings. Determined to rescue their comrades, the pilots returned to base and manged to commandeer two L-5 liason planes and loaded them with as much fuel as possible. The L-5s were able to make the short landing and take-offs necessary to rescue the downed airmen. Lt Hattema and another pilot flew top cover in their P-51s while the L-5s managed to rescue one of the pilots, Col. Chase. The other pilot, Maj. Pryor, was captured by Japanese forces but survived and was freed when Burma was liberated.

JxARhoZ.jpg

qAu9cJT.jpg

ggwCVsU.jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13axHTJ2-zODVaoQFiuSoEp9XYDRpkrv5

Edited by thepiespy
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Its been a long time since I last did a skin for "IL2", about ten years I think, so I decided to have a go at this new fangled method.

I thought I'd cut my dentures on the P-51D and as a fan of the "Fourth" I have gone for "Ridge Runner III" flown by Pierce McKennon.

A bit of a learning curve but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Although the quest for the realistic natural metal finish continues as always.

I'll post it for download soon....the question is: Where?

Edit: The answer is Lockon files...

http://www.lockonfiles.com/files/file/3729-ridge-runner-iii-4thfg-335thfs-1945/

RRunner3.jpg

Edited by Bo_Nidle
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

It's been since legacy IL2 that I've seen one of your Pony skins, good to see you again Bo....  I was 361st_BeoWolf back then.......

If you plan on having a nice portfolio of skins Bo just start your own thread with your skins, some guys use this forum to put up their links, some guys have used M4T to store their skins, and some have them on Lock on Files.  it's up to you if you have a storage site to put your downloads.

Cheers

Hoss

Edited by 361st_Hoss

8 minutes ago, Bo_Nidle said:

Its been a long time

Bloody hell!:o:  It certainly has been a long time.

Nice to see you here m8.

Best regards,

Arthursmedley:salute:

54 minutes ago, Bo_Nidle said:

Its been a long time since I last did a skin for "IL2", about ten years I think, so I decided to have a go at this new fangled method.

I thought I'd cut my dentures on the P-51D and as a fan of the "Fourth" I have gone for "Ridge Runner III" flown by Pierce McKennon.

RRunner3.jpg

Welcome, good to see you here Bo_Nidle. I'd wondered if you'd ever show up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bo_Nidle said:

Its been a long time

I remember you from RoF, so from me too, good to see you back.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

1 hour ago, Bo_Nidle said:

Long time indeed, mate! Still have tons of your skins in my ol' 46 install.

Welcome back!

:)

Cool, you may want to follow some other skinners here so that you don’t put your hard work into a plane that someone either plans to release or has released unless you don’t mind either way.. @361st_Bugsy released this plane recently or is soon releasing it, I forget. 

Cheers! I only started skinning this year for X-Plane and IL2 Battles.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Bo_Nidle said:

RRunner3.jpg

Just post the link in this thread, nice job

10 hours ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

Me and Raptor released it already just an FYI..No big deal

I missed it, can you repost the link?