Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AKA_Big10 said:

Can someone do Mr. Ted II and twilight tear?

I'll give it a go, after "small boy here".

8 hours ago, Pierre64 said:

@Ouky1991 :
Thanks for your skins.

No anti-slip stripe on the original ww2 "Big Beautiful Doll". And a dark (red ?) antenna mast.

ABEAA83E-660F-4BA3-9619-BD7D09E86198.jpeg.b5e1876eee8ce0d4db5cc5e3e793614a.jpeg

The antena is probably black according to the first pic in this thread, I've missed that. Will fix it, also a bit more weathering on the star. Thanks for the pic.

Edited by Ouky1991

The Big Beautiful Doll which crashed in Duxford had a black antenna, so YES black would be correct.

Thanks for updating.

Here is a link of the restoration in Germany at Meier Motors which took place in 2011.....unfortunatelly the text is in German, but the Pictures are nice.

https://www.meiermotors.com/index.php/aircraft/north-american-p-51-mustang/c-a-c-ca-18-mk-22-d-fbbd

OK, both BBD (black antena and bit more weathering) and BD (tiny detail) are updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If someone more talented than me could make the dooleybird skin, it's one of my favorite for the P-51, and we don't have many british skins for it yet

Image result for p51 dooleybird

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, E69_julian57 said:

Skin 4k  P 51 D
Lieutenant Walter "Moon" Mullins, 44-13859
Mullins flew this bird with the 55 ° FS / 20 ° FG during the fall of 1944 from Kingscli...............

Wonderful turn of events.

Perfectly positioned for my next sortie.

Lads, let's raise one for Julian57.

Kindly charge your glasses.....

Alright, Bottoms Up!!

Almost said I'll take mine sunny side up........

Edited by GiftZahnsSteigern

Is there anyone out there who could make this wonderful Royal Canadian Air Force skin for me? I'm 73, so it's a bit above my talent level. Just google RCAF P51 images...plenty of pics. I think the bottom of the wings is just that light grey.

1071152-large.jpg

4820859595_d4670c60e4.jpg

bfc9f3b449d2b2e2703b81676e373f2a.jpg

Edited by onlyforbrian
more info
  • Upvote 1

^ I recall in the other thread Tom Weiss said he wanted to convert all Mustang skins he did for P3D and DCS to Il-2. Very similar scheme (for B-Y2) is amongst them, so you'll get it eventually. Unless someone makes one faster indeed.

23 minutes ago, Art-J said:

^ I recall in the other thread Tom Weiss said he wanted to convert all Mustang skins he did for P3D and DCS to Il-2. Very similar scheme (for B-Y2) is amongst them, so you'll get it eventually. Unless someone makes one faster indeed.

Thanks Art 👍

Great skins of the 78th. Wonderful!

BTW I have a question: Why ist it that "Big Beautiful Doll" of John Landers and "Contrary Mary" of Roy Caviness in 1945 both have the same numerical code WZ-I? Does anyone know the story behind that?

BBD.jpg

CM.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello Sevenless, thanks for posting those graphics, interesting to see that the Big Beautiful Doll had a RED antenna according to this graphic and the 2011 new paninted, which crashed in Duxford had a black antenna. Which one was correct in WW2, black or red antenna? "Der Teufel liegt in Detail" as we Germans say LoL.

Edited by spitfirejoe

12 minutes ago, spitfirejoe said:

Which one was correct in WW2, black or red antenna? "Der Teufel liegt in Detail" as we Germans say LoL.

LOL! Good question. Honestly I guess without greyscale analysis of photos of the original plane that can´t be answered. Or are there any colour pictures or contemporary descriptions of Landers´ plane available?

3 hours ago, sevenless said:

Great skins of the 78th. Wonderful!

BTW I have a question: Why ist it that "Big Beautiful Doll" of John Landers and "Contrary Mary" of Roy Caviness in 1945 both have the same numerical code WZ-I? Does anyone know the story behind that?

BBD.jpg

CM.jpg

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/big-beautiful-doll-contrary-mary-of-the-78th-fg-t183061.html

My guess would have been that Caviness was the squadron CO, having the "right" to a line-bird with the WZ code. Then again, I don't know how the other groups did this and a Lt. Col. is way too senior to be a squadron CO. The link above should be the accurate reason:

Contrary Mary came to be when Roy Caviness CO of the 361st & Landers were swapped group to group after the wars end. Caviness procured E9*G from 376th squadron pilot Duanne Grounds and took it to the 78th where it became Contrary Mary. Swastika kill marks were added for publicities sake as Caviness spent a whole wars tour with the 361st spending time as 376th FS CO, deputy group CO and group CO a couple of interim times, while only managing a record of 1 air damaged & 3 destroyed ground.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/big-beautiful-doll-contrary-mary-of-the-78th-fg-t183061.html

My guess would have been that Caviness was the squadron CO, having the "right" to a line-bird with the WZ code. Then again, I don't know how the other groups did this and a Lt. Col. is way too senior to be a squadron CO. The link above should be the accurate reason:

Thanks that explains it to me. So WZ-I was the code of the FG CO and Caviness replaced Landers, because Landers became CO of 361 FG.

So we urgently need these two: Landers planes before and after 78 FG 😁

Landers 361.jpg

P-51D 44-13923 CG-O 'Big Beautiful Doll'.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, senseispcc said:

Thanks for this great skins.:salute:

BIG AND BEAUTIFULL.jpg

Hi, tis is another skin of BB Doll? I think he has another  surface, even have downloaded skin only, is a need to store any more alpha layer?

Edited by OREL_Shifty

26 minutes ago, OREL_Shifty said:

Hi, tis is another skin of BB Doll? I think he has another  surface, even have downloaded skin only, is a need to store any more alpha layer?

Seems like Blackhellhound1 and you released them in parallel.

Anyone in for making a SAF Mustang? They were rather diverse.

p51_72.gif

_LateSchemes.jpg

J-901

Spoiler

Air14_zweiterSamstag-105.jpg

Swiss-Army-Mustang-P-51D-J-901_001.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdDxC7IxnQNNU4PlYKmKa

J-2061

Spoiler

ha7725-p51d-swiss-left.jpg

d2c4574f9934d7658ddbfca491c6ca00.jpg

J-2113

Spoiler

p-51d_swissaf_j-2113_fliegerflab09_02.jp

swiss02.jpg

71902_1313990780.jpg

swiss01.jpg

ARM.1355412010-6009_m.jpg

1725784-4.JPG

Stencils are in French on this aircraft.

1725799-17.JPG

I should get good photos of these stencils at some point. But they are just that, direct translations, same size and fonts. All caps.

J-2063

Spoiler

dea86fdc4adcb5974503f89e93d18da2.jpg

P-51B-10-NA

Spoiler

121_10_b2.jpg

Edited by ZachariasX

On 10/7/2019 at 5:45 PM, Ouky1991 said:

Capt. Huie Lamb’s P-51K 44-11631 MX-V “Etta Jeanne II” 82nd Fighter Squadron.

Lt. John C Childs, Hot Springs, AR, 82nd Fighter Squadron. P-51D 44-63246 MX-S “Little Rebel”.

mx-vpro.jpg

mx-s3 (1).jpg

18 minutes ago, OREL_Shifty said:

Capt. Huie Lamb’s P-51K 44-11631 MX-V “Etta Jeanne II” 82nd Fighter Squadron.

Lt. John C Childs, Hot Springs, AR, 82nd Fighter Squadron. P-51D 44-63246 MX-S “Little Rebel”.

I'll do Etta and then Mr. Ted. Then I'll take a look at Tempest.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 4:35 AM, Bremspropeller said:

Then again, I don't know how the other groups did this and a Lt. Col. is way too senior to be a squadron CO.

Lt. Col. wasn't too high of a rank to be a squadron CO. That billet was typically filled by either that particular rank or that of Major. 

34 minutes ago, Viktor33_33 said:

Cool! Do you plan to make a skin for P-51 with PTO?

What's PTO? I Googled it but I don't presume you're talking about "paid time off"😀

19 minutes ago, Ouky1991 said:

What's PTO? I Googled it but I don't presume you're talking about "paid time off"😀

If my memory is not that bad it's Pacific Theatre Operations (not sure about the "O")

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Viktor33_33 said:

GREAT! THANK YOU MUCH!

1 hour ago, Ouky1991 said:

P-51D "Ettta Jeanne II". Credit to @ICDP's template.

Link:

https://mega.nz/#!feo2yYjY!8fWRh4r8W7zkRmWXfhQ24LD64n9hJcj_I8QL4ADX9q4

aW0LvVj.jpg

3ed5llt.png

vAmWSEP.png

GREAT! THANK YOU MUCH! What is the black point in the middle of red point on noseart?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Viktor33_33 said:

You can post suggestions but I don't promise anything right now, there's one last skin I wanna do. But if there are some interesting P51 pacific skins I could do some of them later.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

If my memory is not that bad it's Pacific Theatre Operations (not sure about the "O")

That is correct. ETO is European Theatre of Operations and PTO is Pacific TO and MTO is Mediterranean TO.

Edited by sevenless
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

BTW I forgot to mention, BBD and BD skins have been updated with some tiny fixes.

1 hour ago, OREL_Shifty said:

GREAT! THANK YOU MUCH! What is the black point in the middle of red point on noseart?

Do you mean this?

2093387810_Beznzvu.jpg.badfdbcade3e12ef30b49f571d926f8b.jpg

It's a hole. Part of the 3d model, so I can't do anything about it. Don't know what is it for.

Edited by Ouky1991

15 minutes ago, Ouky1991 said:

Do you mean this?

It's a hole. Part of the 3d model, so I can't do anything about it. Don't know what is it for.

It is the flare gun port.

Edited by Pierre64
  • Thanks 1

I think I read somewhere that all the P51 skins are 4K. Is this correct?

Thanks for the great skins and your hard work!

1 minute ago, Hopper64 said:

I think I read somewhere that all the P51 skins are 4K. Is this correct?

Thanks for the great skins and your hard work!

Affirmative! 

10 hours ago, Ouky1991 said:

BTW I forgot to mention, BBD and BD skins have been updated with some tiny fixes.

Do you mean this?

Hi, ok, nice work. Thanks