Ouky1991

P-51 D Skins

Posted (edited)

P-51D-15-NA Mustang

s/n 44-73060

"Dove of Peace" (LH-X)

352nd FS, 353rd FG, 8th AF

Glenn E Duncan joined the 353rd Fighter Group in March 1943 as Group Executive Officer. He claimed 19 victories until he was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel and commander of the Group in November 1943. On 7 July 1944, he was shot down during a strafing mission in P-47 #4225971 'Dove of Peace. He evaded capture, working with the Dutch underground, before being liberated by the Allied 10 months later. He returned to the 353rd and resumed command in April 1945, until Sept 9, 1945. He retired as a Colonel.

*this skin has been particularly difficult to do due to the few photos of the logos and the low quality of these, the search has been tedious, special thanks to the 353rd Fighter Group for the help, the logos and the letters have been drawn from scratch and vectorized in illustrator to obtain a great final quality, directly from the scanner to the photoshop and drawing freehand, I have also added some details in the propeller cone like some screws and pieces that I have seen in many photos of the time, if I am wrong please let me know.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed creating it.

Muscat Skins.

DOWNLOAD

doveofpeacec.jpg

doveofpeace.jpg

doveofpeaceb.jpg

doveofpeaced.jpg

Edited by Muscat
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Very good work m8 !

Very nice showcase also, Love it !

Edited by SARFlytitus
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SARFlytitus said:

Very good work m8 !

Very nice showcase also, Love it !

thanks bud, much preciated😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Muscat said:

P-51D-15-NA Mustang

s/n 44-73060

"Dove of Peace" (LH-X)

352nd FS, 353rd FG, 8th AF

Glenn E Duncan joined the 353rd Fighter Group in March 1943 as Group Executive Officer. He claimed 19 victories until he was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel and commander of the Group in November 1943. On 7 July 1944, he was shot down during a strafing mission in P-47 #4225971 'Dove of Peace. He evaded capture, working with the Dutch underground, before being liberated by the Allied 10 months later. He returned to the 353rd and resumed command in April 1945, until Sept 9, 1945. He retired as a Colonel.

*this skin has been particularly difficult to do due to the few photos of the logos and the low quality of these, the search has been tedious, special thanks to the 353rd Fighter Group for the help, the logos and the letters have been drawn from scratch and vectorized in illustrator to obtain a great final quality, directly from the scanner to the photoshop and drawing freehand, I have also added some details in the propeller cone like some screws and pieces that I have seen in many photos of the time, if I am wrong please let me know.

Muscat Skins.

DOWNLOAD

doveofpeacec.jpg

doveofpeace.jpg

doveofpeaceb.jpg

doveofpeaced.jpg

NOW LINK AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ABOVE 👆

Edited by Muscat
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

T_wang-2AT_wang-1A

T-wang, a P-51D-20-NA as part of the 335thFS/Fourth Fighter Group in late winter/early spring 1945. While I can't find information that states this Mustang was assigned to Capt. Shelton Monroe, he likely flew it on occasion. Monroe flew with the Fourth throughout 1944 into January 1945 when he transferred to the HQ squadron. He was an Ace with 8+ victories. Having survived the Air War in WWII, he lost his life while flying with the USAF in Korea.

media-13449

Pictured below is the same aircraft assigned to Capt. Albert J. Davis. A veteran pilot with three confirmed kills, Davis and T-wang were shot down on 03/21/45 while strafing an airfield near Hesepe, Germany. He bailed out of his P-51D at an altitude of only 50 feet. His chute didn't open in time and he was lost.

BLAKESLEE-P-51-960_640

Download link is below. Suggestions are appreciated.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r32ojj6vvxihgf3/P-51D15NA_Fourth_FG_335thFS_T-W*NG.7z/file

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

P-51D-15-NA Mustang

s/n 44-14781

"Janny M." (YJ-U)

361st FS, 353rd FG, 8th AF.

Flown by Lt William K Lahke.

" - Lt. William K. Lahke from Cincinnatti, OH. joined the 351st Fighter Squadron/353rd Fighter Group on June 21, 1944 and served until December 1945. Nine days after joining the squadron, Lahke was involved in a mid-air collision with Lt. Robert Larson. Lahke managed to bail out and survived while Larson was killed in the accident. On August 28, 1944, Lahke claimed his only aerial victory over a ME109.-" 

Muscat Skins.

DOWNLOAD

media-26566.jpeg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Lt_William_K_Lahke_of_the_351st_FS_353rd_FG_In_The_Cockpit_Of_P-51D_44-14781_Coded_Yj-U.jpg

Edited by Muscat
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Muscat said:

P-51D-15-NA Mustang

s/n 44-14781

"

Excellent job, my friend!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Excellent job, my friend!

Thanks buddy, much preciated 🙂

Posted (edited)

P-51D-15-NA Mustang

s/n 44-15037

"Baby Duck" (LH-R)

350th FS, 353rd FG, 8th AF

Yep, another 353rd skin! This is my version of "Baby Duck" Mustang, this P-51D-15-NA  was painted in the markings of Capt. Herbert G. Kolb's P-51D "Baby Duck". Captain Kolb was a West Point graduate who was credited with 14.5 ground kills while serving in the U.S. Army 8th Air Force, 353rd Fighter Group, 350th Fighter Squadron, based at Raydon, England in 1944-45. Five of these kills were attained while flying the "Baby Duck" aircraft, which was lost in action later in World War II.

DOWNLOAD

5810282361_0b668107d8_b.jpg

TEMPLATE-POSt-FOROS.jpg

TEMPLATE-POSt-FOROS1.jpg

TEMPLATE-POSt-FOROS2.jpg

TEMPLATE-POSt-FOROS3.jpg

TEMPLATE-POSt-FOROS4.jpg

TEMPLATE-POSt-FOROS5.jpg

Edited by Muscat
  • Like 7

Long-time player, but relatively new to modding (this iteration of IL-2, at least) and downloading skins. I am simply in absolute awe of the generosity of this community.

Having said that... I do have a request!

A MAANG skin for the P-51D! (Massachusetts ANG)

P-51 H Digital Art by Robert Perry

Mass ANG Photos - Westover Crashes

I realize these aren't good examples, but I'm not really after too much historical authenticity. I really just would like the "MASS =(*)= ANG", and tail "ANG" text, mainly!

If anyone has the time, I would be forever appreciative. Cheers!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KotwicaGoose said:

Long-time player, but relatively new to modding (this iteration of IL-2, at least) and downloading skins. I am simply in absolute awe of the generosity of this community.

I realize these aren't good examples, but I'm not really after too much historical authenticity. I really just would like the "MASS =(*)= ANG", and tail "ANG" text, mainly!

Hi bud, what simulator is in the first image? That its a P51H. I throw a question to the modders: is it possible to make in 3d the Dallas bubble canopy characteristic of the 1945 Mustangs?

image.jpeg.25128423d7350cbd3daf895cd2bfe88a.jpeg

More interesting information here:

http://www.gaetanmarie.com/p-51dk-mustang-canopy-variations/

Edited by Muscat

28 minutes ago, Muscat said:

Hi bud, what simulator is in the first image? That its a P51H. I throw a question to the modders: is it possible to make in 3d the Dallas bubble canopy characteristic of the 1945 Mustangs?

image.jpeg.25128423d7350cbd3daf895cd2bfe88a.jpeg

More interesting information here:

http://www.gaetanmarie.com/p-51dk-mustang-canopy-variations/

Yeahhh, I knew they’re ‘Hs,’ but I figured it was a decent example (there’s not too many pictures of MAANG ‘D’ models). I pulled the picture from here:

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/P-51-H-Mustang-ANG.html

I actually thought it was a real picture; But now you have me questioning it! If it is from a sim, probably Microsoft FS? I’m not aware of any ‘H’ models flying in MAANG livery, but I haven’t researched that in ages.

Thanks for the response :)

That's a 3D render. Not a video game.

8 hours ago, KotwicaGoose said:

It seems easy to do.....  I'm currently working on the 353rd FG series and I'm pretty busy with historical research etc but I'm sure someone will help you with your request.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, 352nd_Siqhter said:

@KotwicaGoose Here you go! Of course, the skin would have adorned a P-51H, so I had to change a few things to make up for the differences in variants, most notably the tail section.

mass_ang1.thumb.PNG.e1fbe1077005783e88cd354bb03a4687.PNG

mass_ang2.thumb.PNG.5846d561833e60f8c4c3eaec74ebd938.PNG

mass_ang4.thumb.PNG.c7a89755980ae95275d00f3f945cf895.PNG

DOWNLOAD HERE - https://www.lockonfiles.com/files/file/3820-semi-historical-p-51h-skin-of-massachusetts-air-national-guard/

HOLY...COW...

YOU ARE AMAZING!

But seriously, thank you, very much. I'm very excited to show some cool screenshots off to my fellow MAANG Airmen! There's also a colonel at my base that's restoring a 51, he'll get a kick out of this.

Thank you again!!

• Like 2

coming soon to the 353rd Fighter Group series...

Muscat

F048C2D2-8F87-43AB-9B27-E20ABB144751.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

P-51D-15-NA Mustang

s/n 44-14963

"Miss Jackie II" (SX-D)

352nd FS, 353rd FG, 8th AF

Flown by Lt. Lindsay W Grove.

We continue with the 353 Fighter Group collection! 😄 

DOWNLOAD

sdx4.jpg

sxd.jpg

sxd0.jpg

sxd1.jpg

sxd2.jpg

sxd3.jpg

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

P-51D-15-NA Mustang

s/n 44-14963

"Alabama Rammer Jammer" (SX-B)

352nd FS, 353rd FG, 8th AF

This P-51D Mustang was assigned to 352FS, 353FG, 8AF USAAF. Initially assigned to Lt Arthur C Cundy it was flown by a number of pilots, most frequently on operations

by Lt James W Lamb. The aircraft then passing to Lt William K Bixby.

DOWNLOAD

sxb0.jpg

sxb.jpg

sxb1.jpg

sxb2.jpg

sxb3.jpg

Edited by Muscat
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 2/19/2020 at 5:48 PM, 352nd_Siqhter said:

Thanks Bo! I never really noticed the insignia size difference. Also I appreciate the photo, I've got to figure out a way to make those lines fancier looking.

I was thinking of the remote possibility of you doing the “Dallas Doll” skin but without the invasion stripes and erased plane name on the right side (leaving the “Dallas Doll” only on the left side). I would really appreciate it. You can ignore the last part if it’s too much trouble. 
Cheers.

Edited by Callsign_NEW

@Callsign_NEW I wasn't sure if you wanted just the invasion stripes gone, but not the ID stripes, so I made two versions. The first has no invasion stripes, but I've kept the ID stripes, the second has no stripes whatsoever. Both have only the nose art on the left side.

Siqhter

DOWNLOAD - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1foqptxk0frigk6/AAAmA8aYsCESV7LVDV65RSrVa?dl=0

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, 352nd_Siqhter said:

@Callsign_NEW I wasn't sure if you wanted just the invasion stripes gone, but not the ID stripes, so I made two versions. The first has no invasion stripes, but I've kept the ID stripes, the second has no stripes whatsoever. Both have only the nose art on the left side.

Siqhter

DOWNLOAD - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1foqptxk0frigk6/AAAmA8aYsCESV7LVDV65RSrVa?dl=0

Thank you soooo much dude, really cool. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

У кого есть шаблон в Британской камуфляже? Дайте пожалуйста!

Who has a pattern in British camouflage? Give me please!

Р-51.thumb.png.bc3847eaaca13a224591c79be299b1a0.png

Edited by 72AG_Britva_

44 minutes ago, And1-,.=[_A5-1*_ said:

How do you download these skins and where to?

The great skinners here provide mostly a download link here in their skin posts, just do the download ( a skin is always a DDS. file ).

Then you open the IL-2 folder on your PC, go to Graphics...Skins.....and their you open the P-51 if you have a P-51 skin and copy that DDS. file into that folder.

I hope I said the correct path, because I did by heart. When searching in your IL-2 folders on your PC you will find the correct one anyway.

Edited by spitfirejoe
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2019 at 7:23 AM, Legioneod said:

German pilots aren't supermen, they just had situations that helped them get extremely high scores.

The fact that there are people who automatically jump to the conclusion that they were is just, well pure facepalm actually.