PatrickAWlson

PWCG 7.1.0 Bug reports - PLEASE READ

Thanks, Pat. I've been fighting in the trenches of Verdun for the last couple of evenings. Will be glad to get back in the air again with clean sheets and a Pub.

Hi Pat,

Allow me few things related to PWCG FC:

- changing mission spacing has no effect (missions are still generated as per the default spacing)

- claimed victories are not recorded; in fact, no squadron mate accumulates additional victories to those already scored at the start of the campaign (though number of missions flown is going up for my pilot)

- I have also seen (as reported above) the fighters on my flight heading back home right after being spawned with me in air-start. They get back on route while reaching the first (after take off) waypoint. I work around that with moving the first wpt close to the second one. That way, they do just a little detour.

Thank you for PWCG. Have a nice Xmas and keep the PWCG growing 😀

Milan

Hi ,happened twice in a German campaign.
When it is an attack mission and starting in air ,the target is already destroyed and the flight is at the egress point returning home.
Is it a bug or something in the config options?

We have been playing 7.4.0 since early January on a dedicated coop server and we have run into the following issues:

• Mission spacing isn't very random, it chooses the next day most of the time where would have expected 1-4 days with a reasonable spread yet 80% of the time it is the next day.
  • Claimed victories regularly gives the player the wrong plane. It isn't just that obvious claims are getting rejected it is that one player claims a couple of PE2s but gets award IL2s they never even shot at, another pilot will have downed IL2s but they didn't.
  • Claimed victories get rejected when it is clear who finished the plane off. I don't know what the algorithm is here but our highest kill player is HATED by command, they deny many of his claims perhaps because he often finishes off planes after the newbies run out of ammo?
  • Regularly coop missions fail to generate with a NullPointerException if I haven't changed the reference player after loading. The default reference is on the right side but it will always exception unless I select someone else.
  • As reported elsewhere the .mission files load very slowly on a dedicated server and really hurt client load performance and we could do with a way to remove/rename the .mission file automatically. Seems to be a dedicated server issue as far as I can tell, wasn't an issue when running from a client.

Another potential bug for 7.4.0.

When we set the minimum and maximum days to progress the game faster it seems to ignore it and just progress us 1-2 days as usual. We changed the config and saved (and it shows us saved in the json files as well). Then we press mission and it is still progressed a day. Am I missing something like after the mission it has already generated the next date and we have to do one more mission before we see it? We will find out in a day or two and I'll report back if there is no bug here.

I've noticed the same thing, but wanted to wait for Pat's code rewrite to re-evaluate. In the meantime I've been taking leave for 1-2 days between missions to progress at my desired speed. No issues doing that.

The BF109s have become available in our campaign, the AI pilots in the wing are showing as flying sorties with the BF109 G2s but all the equipment and our choices for flights are in the BF 109 F4 still. None of the AI pilots in the mission list have G2s, it isn't on the list or in the equipment list for the squadron nor in the luftwaffe intelligence report. So despite the game showing pilot logs in them for the individual pilots (and that is reflected in the config files) we don't actually have G2s available. Seems it hasn't transitioned correctly.

Equipment is replaced over time.  What you see on the chalkboard is what is available to your unit.  As losses are replaced or when a subtype is withdrawn your squadron will be reequipped with newer planes.

When you say "showing in the logs" do you mean your unit or other units?  If other units it could be that other squadrons have received newer replacements.  If your unit is showing G2s in the logs but no G2s available to the squadron - that would be  wrong.

On 2/10/2020 at 8:20 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Equipment is replaced over time.  What you see on the chalkboard is what is available to your unit.  As losses are replaced or when a subtype is withdrawn your squadron will be reequipped with newer planes.

When you say "showing in the logs" do you mean your unit or other units?  If other units it could be that other squadrons have received newer replacements.  If your unit is showing G2s in the logs but no G2s available to the squadron - that would be  wrong.

So what was happening is that AI pilots in the squadron have in their logs sorties in G2 planes but there are no such planes in the equipment. The only time we  got a G2 was when it was assigned to one of the players at which point one became available. But most of the AI in their records is showing sorties in G2s but those just aren't available to us to fly with.

The problem has disappeared since we have now hit May 15th and been converted to FW190s despite us saying we don't own them, so we likely need to transfers or buy them but something isn't quite right with the equipment assignments/replacements part or alternatively the fake reports that are made for the AI using planes not assigned to the squadron. Date/Config wise G2s should start to become available from the beginning of April but we didn't get any until the 1st of May and it was just the one.

Edited by BrightCandle