PatrickAWlson

PWCG 6.2, 6.3 and soon 7.0 Bug reports - PLEASE READ

Posted (edited)

Trying to consolidate into one place as things are popping up all over.  Please report issues here. 

if you see  your issue listed here (I will keep the OP up to date) please do not repeat it.

Please do not use this thread for anything other than bug reports.

here's what I have so far:

1. AI taxi is broken (PWCG or the game?) 

2. Coop missions sometimes will not start (PWCG or the game?) 

3. Smoke floating over Kuban

4. Reports of excessive no contact

5. Odd issue where player was somehow not assigned to the player's plane

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Upvote 1

My friend and I tried to play our Coop mission but while I could connect, he could not join the mission.  This was our first one, so I am not sure if this was user error or part of the bug you mentioned.

Skins of specific Squadron do not appear in the selection.

Error-02.jpg

it seems only a textual .mission file is saved, but no msbin, and the .list file is empty, so I can't start the missions via  the dserver?

1 hour ago, Nocke said:

it seems only a textual .mission file is saved, but no msbin, and the .list file is empty, so I can't start the missions via  the dserver?

PWCG never has generated a msbin file.  you can create one by opening a PWCG mission in the ME and saving it.

Posted (edited)

Not sure if it is a Il2 or a PWCG issue but a Tempest Bodenplatte coop campaign for which I am hosting the missions I am told by people joining that they do not see the mission briefing text. See image for example from client viewpoint. Same mission I had a simple 3 or 4 line briefing specifying a strike on a troop concentration. Possibly since there seems to be a disconnect between the maps ( I see Dragonov and they seem to see Ophoven on the briefing map) it might be resolved when you release the campaign on the real Bodenplatte map.

<SOLUTION> I discovered that converting the mission to msnbin solved the missing text issue for clients.

6320935.694999993_image.thumb.png.18d03a2b455cd387b77fc501513519b7.png

Edited by No457_Stonehouse
Solution

In some missions over Kuban A-20s and il2s spawn at higher alts and act like fighter wings. While its incredibly funny I'm pretty sure its not intended.

• Thanks 1

Keep posting. I have some work ahead of me before I can get to these things but it is nice to have them all in one place.  BoBP, then FC, then these issues.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:25 PM, WIS-Redcoat said:

My friend and I tried to play our Coop mission but while I could connect, he could not join the mission.  This was our first one, so I am not sure if this was user error or part of the bug you mentioned.

Im having this issue as well, I can host and he can see me but it says he can't connect to me?

On 10/6/2019 at 1:25 PM, WIS-Redcoat said:

If they can't connect to the server it's not a PWCG thing.  Here's a discussion.  Hope that helps.

Edited by PatrickAWlson

I noticed Flight Generation Odds setting is missing, is that intentional? I find it most useful when tweaking campaign air activity to my preference.

Edited by ziher

2 hours ago, ziher said:

I noticed Flight Generation Odds setting is missing, is that intentional? I find it most useful when tweaking campaign air activity to my preference.

No longer in use.  It really never did have much impact on air activity unless it was set for a very low value.

Let me explain: the odds determined whether or not a squadron generated a flight.  Those flights were further reduced later to max flights.  If odds were 40% then out of 35 squadrons 14 would make a flight and six would be kept.  If odds were 80% then out of 35 squadrons 28 would make a flight and six would be kept.

You can edit air activity by setting max enemy flights in advanced or by choosing simple config air activity.

Edited by PatrickAWlson

16 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

No longer in use.  It really never did have much impact on air activity unless it was set for a very low value.

Let me explain: the odds determined whether or not a squadron generated a flight.  Those flights were further reduced later to max flights.  If odds were 40% then out of 35 squadrons 14 would make a flight and six would be kept.  If odds were 80% then out of 35 squadrons 28 would make a flight and six would be kept.

You can edit air activity by setting max enemy flights in advanced or by choosing simple config air activity.

Ok thanks for explanation. I used 30% so i guess i'll have to tweak the settings. While at it i saw you also removed direct opposition odds, i always set that to 0 in previous versions because it kind of defeats the purpose of having realistic encounters with other flights.

Is that completely removed from PWCG or is there still a hidden chance of 'canned' flights spawning in players path?

Edited by ziher

@ziher PWCG has never had canned flights that spawn at specific point.  The "opposing flights" were routed to make contact but they still moved on their own.  This was intended for use with the previous PWCG flight routing system.

The current PWCG flight generation system works on the concept of a mission box.  Mission flights are routed into or close to a 50km by 50km box.  Depending on timing and location there is still a chance that you will not see anything but mostly you will.

• Thanks 1

When playing with In air starts all the climb waypoints are still on the map both in the briefing screen and in the actual mission. My wing and I will spawn at the ingress way point like we should,  but my wing always turns around and flies to the first climb way point and then carries out the mission like normal. I have not tested this in 6.3 yet.

Edited by HerrBree

1 hour ago, HerrBree said:

When playing with In air starts all the climb waypoints are still on the map both in the briefing screen and in the actual mission. My wing and I will spawn at the ingress way point like we should,  but my wing always turns around and flies to the first climb way point and then carries out the mission like normal. I have not tested this in 6.3 yet.

Acknowledged that this is a bug.  As a workaround try to disable climb waypoints.

There is a static plane at the runway. No way to take off. Solo campaign, I./JG6 - GilzeRijen.

So we move the topic from another post here but you never bothered following up or sending the OP over here. Meanwhile the OP on the other post is uploading files for weeks as was asked and is wondering why nobody is getting back to them on the Original topic. 

So much for keeping the OP informed.

15 minutes ago, Fang333333 said:

So we move the topic from another post here but you never bothered following up or sending the OP over here. Meanwhile the OP on the other post is uploading files for weeks as was asked and is wondering why nobody is getting back to them on the Original topic. 

So much for keeping the OP informed.

Because I'm a guy doing this part time and I'm overloaded at the moment.  Both Bodenplatte and FC dropped on the same day and I have obligations regarding them.  I do sincerely apologize that I have not had the bandwidth to properly look into your issues.  They are unique, to say the least.  With a bit of luck I'll have FC out in about a week and then I can start looking into issues - yours as well as the others posted here.

Not sure if it was mentioned before, bombers acting like fighters (BOM - solo campaign).

Maybe it's been reported, but just in case - my P38 BOBP campaign has russian voices on the radio. Just a small thing. 

Thanks for all your effort! This is an amazing plugin I've used since RoF.

EDIT: Ignore me! Just saw on another post that you're aware. 

Edited by Scottvdken

I am working on the core of FC with the goal of delivering a usable WWI campaign.  That goes pretty well and there is a good chance for completion not too long from now.  After that is done the issues reported here will be addressed.  Initial emphasis will be on a couple of game breaking issues that have been reported and then moving on to other issues.

This is a fairly normal process for me.  While I do have around 1000 automated tests the truth is that I probably need around 10000.  What is so unusual this time is that both BoBP andFC dropped all while I was trying to finish up 6.2.  I have to take things one at a time.  6.2 is done.  BoBP initial release is done.  FC initial release is in progress.  Once done the broom comes out and cleanup begins.

• Thanks 6

Salutations Patrick,

Please don't get discouraged with any player complaints and programming challenges.

You are creating a great program that supports our flight sim. Thank you very much. I truly appreciate your continued efforts in perfecting your campaign generator. :salute:

• Upvote 2

Has the Russian voices for RAF pilots (BOBP) been fixed?

Is rearm and repair going to be implemented in the generator?

11 minutes ago, Omin said:

Is rearm and repair going to be implemented in the generator?

Never say never but probably not.  The whole structure of PWCG centers around one mission.  If you rearmed, refueled and went back up odds are that nothing would be happening. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Thad said:

Salutations Patrick,

Please don't get discouraged with any player complaints and programming challenges.

You are creating a great program that supports our flight sim. Thank you very much. I truly appreciate your continued efforts in perfecting your campaign generator. :salute:

Well said Thad I couldn’t agree more. Pat is trying to keep up with several projects at once and he is but one very talented fellow. Nothing but appreciation for Pat and what he does in support of our hobby. 

Some folks need to just chill out and be patient!!

Edited by TheSNAFU
  • Upvote 1

Oh yes! Don't take any post here as complaints:D I love this wonderful program and am humble and grateful for the addition it brings to the game. I prefer this to the in game career and is my primary way to enjoy the sim. Just chiming in here to help ironing bugs!:D

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Redeye said:

Oh yes! Don't take any post here as complaints:D I love this wonderful program and am humble and grateful for the addition it brings to the game. I prefer this to the in game career and is my primary way to enjoy the sim. Just chiming in here to help ironing bugs!:D

👍

• Upvote 1