Sign in to follow this  
Kinninmont

Update 3.201 Optimization+

Hi,

I have just noticed a marked drop in frame rate with the new update. Can this be looked into? The game was running really well and now with this update it's almost at half the frame rate. Looking at the posts, I can see there are other issues as well. Just putting it out there as these updates just don't seem viable if they make the game run slower.

• Like 1

Agreed.  I had everything working very nicely in VR on my system but now there is ghosting happening constantly, even at high FPS.  Loss of clarity as well.  I've tried playing with settings and increasing OC speeds.  Spent a few hours trying different things but the game runs and looks worse overall and I can't seem to find a way around it.  I'd love to be able to just load an older version of it as my girlfriend in away on vacation and this is my weekend to indulge in some VR fun!

• Like 1

Cloud it would seem is the culprit. Cloud on for me means 50% reduction in Frame rate.

Thanks dude Ill try it without cloud. Though we really shouldn't need to do this. Developers, can you please try to optimise this update. I just spent another 108 dollars for loss of frame rate and all these bugs. This is simply not good enough. 

Salutations,

This game is a continuing Work In Progress. It is not finished and is constantly being improved, added to and perfected. Bugs are inevitable during this process.

Relax... any actual bugs and optimization will be sorted out. :coffee: 

18 hours ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

This game is a continuing Work In Progress. It is not finished and is constantly being improved, added to and perfected. Bugs are inevitable during this process.

Relax... any actual bugs and optimization will be sorted out. :coffee: 

This is true for BoBp but it effects all BoX.  There’s no reason the new update should have messed with clouds though; which appear to be the main culprit.

Yea I've done the 2-3 week thing before but I normally do this for a couple of months to make sure but it just wears you down you know esp. when I live in Australia and love WW2 theatre as this has been a thing for 4 years now. The amount of money I have spent to the satisfaction I have gotten just makes me angry. The thing is, DCS has no servers or gameplay on IL2. Anyway, I'm bugging out. Maybe it will get better.

8 hours ago, Kinninmont said:

Yea I've done the 2-3 week thing before but I normally do this for a couple of months to make sure but it just wears you down you know esp. when I live in Australia and love WW2 theatre as this has been a thing for 4 years now. The amount of money I have spent to the satisfaction I have gotten just makes me angry. The thing is, DCS has no servers or gameplay on IL2. Anyway, I'm bugging out. Maybe it will get better.

New dev diary states they've found optimizations for clouds. Seems like they read your thoughts :)