Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade_68

FC Vol 2 indicators?

14 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

I think in 2017 the devs should have gotten another team to continue supporting RoF,  free of any charge.

Do you work for free?

RoF should have been upgraded, for a price, rather than dumped so the entire thing could be started again from scratch. It's very obvious the primary reason was an idea and intention that something completely new would be the greater stream of revenue but that's fallen flat on its face. People put a great deal of money, time and effort into RoF, with faith in many promises that were dumped along with the game. FC is in no imaginable way an improvement over RoF that justifies what's been done. VR could have been implemented, the engine could have been upgraded. The graphics...lol, they're been upgraded? I've yet to see a single side-by-side screen where there's an immediate and obvious difference.

I would have paid FC's asking price for RoF VR.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, J3Hetzer said:

I've yet to see a single side-by-side screen where there's an immediate and obvious difference.

There's definitely a difference there...but not gonna lie, in my personal, subjective opinion, the Rise of Flight ones look better and more like what I've seen looking out from aircraft.

Curious what they'd look like today after all the work that's gone in.

Edited by hrafnkolbrandr

12 minutes ago, ZiggyBClark said:

Four words. VR. Immersion game changer.

Well the holidays are coming up if you're feeling generous.  ;)

8 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Do you work for free?

What I mean is that as of November 2017 or July 2018, when somebody buys a RoF product, the money goes to this new team. That would be their income.

I mean, just because the devs have no intention of going back to RoF doesn’t mean that no one else can. Examples, IL-2 1946, CloD, and CFS3 (not so much the last one, but whatever). In 2015 both games ran under the Digital Nature Engine, and in the 2 years following the devs were able to update the graphics, add VR, update the game engine. I mean if someone can do that for IL-2 GBs, then someone or someone else can do it for RoF.

I am 100% sure that IL-2 GBs will be supported for 7+ years, longer than Rise of Flight was supported for. 

8 hours ago, J3Hetzer said:

FC is in no imaginable way an improvement over RoF

With the exception of VR, updated graphics, 4K skins, parachutes, and updated game engine, is there anything in FC that would REALLY effect your gameplay experience. Comparing IL-2 1946 to IL-2 GBs we see many differences and improvements. Comparing RoF to FC1 we very little differences and improvements. 

I really don’t think the devs are ready to do a FC2 Immediately after FC1 is finished.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

With the exception of VR, updated graphics, 4K skins, parachutes, and updated game engine, is there anything in FC that would REALLY effect your gameplay experience.

You make that sound like those are small things. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

You make that sound like those are small things. 

They're all things that could have been done to RoF. Actually, they kind of were, just had a new name put on the box minus a whole bunch of planes.

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2019 at 11:19 AM, Novice-Flyer said:

I feel that FC1 came out TOO SOON as it lacks a Pilot career mode like the one in RoF and IL-2 GBs because the devs are still tweaking the existing Pilot career in IL-2 GBs.

Jason explained this pretty honestly: FC is a low cost cash grab using sub-contractors to keep the core team in caviar and mistresses (or just pay the rent) while they work on the things that actually interest them, which does not include WW1.  If it sells reasonably well, which I doubt, then it will be expanded by more DLC including perhaps a career. 

WW1 aficionados - which include me - will buy it simply because there isn't anything better on the horizon with modern graphics, nor is there likely to be, at least in this branch of the multiverse.  

PS - the key to contentment is low expectations. ;)  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, J3Hetzer said:

They're all things that could have been done to RoF. Actually, they kind of were, just had a new name put on the box minus a whole bunch of planes.

And you want the entire feature set „done“ at once and at no cost?

46 minutes ago, J3Hetzer said:

You know, the market for WWI games like Rise of Flight is not the market for The Elder Scrolls or Call of Duty.  It's clearly very small.  For all you know, Rise of Flight might have even been losing money and putting the developers in the red.  Forget perpetual support of Rise of Flight, perhaps the only reason you have continued development of the WWI genre at all (Flying Circus) is because  the developers made the decision to concentrate most of their resources on the more lucrative market for WW2 with IL-2 Sturmovik.  I don't understand the idea that people think they buy a game years and years ago that that game is going to last forever.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, J3Hetzer said:

lnstead of getting a divorce, one could theoretically try a full body and soul transplant on his wife. Theoretically.

24 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

You know, the market for WWI games like Rise of Flight is not the market for The Elder Scrolls or Call of Duty.  It's clearly very small.  For all you know, Rise of Flight might have even been losing money and putting the developers in the red.  Forget perpetual support of Rise of Flight, perhaps the only reason you have continued development of the WWI genre at all (Flying Circus) is because  the developers made the decision to concentrate most of their resources on the more lucrative market for WW2 with IL-2 Sturmovik.

Exactly. WWII flight sims are a niche genre, but WWI flight sims are a niche within a niche. Not to mention the fact that RoF is an old game, and one that received a lot more post-launch support for a much longer amount of time than most games, so saying that it didn’t get enough support is honestly just ungrateful.

It’s just amazing that we got RoF in it’s current state. I doubt we’ll see any more WWI eastern front flightsims for a while, if ever.

Edited by [Pb]Cybermat47

I find it highly amusing how so many people have this quaint notion that anything has ever been done out of the goodness of the company's heart. Even when compasses and scarves were being sold for cash. "We're doing all this as a big favour for you guys, be grateful we're letting you give us money for stuff".

It's a business, designed to put food on tables and buy nice toys for those running it. Period. Nothing wrong with that, we all do it. Just call it what it is. FC, more of the same, an attempt to maximise income vs maintain a smaller one while doing something that *could* have been done more righteously (eg, charging $69 for implementing VR into RoF).

• Upvote 1