Sign in to follow this  
Detal

Please need help can someone sell me an oculus rift cable

Just before the new update was launched I started having problems with my oculus rift (my screen keeps going black), so I came to conclusion that my cable is broken. That cable is not being sold anymore at the moment with no guarantee that it will be sold later (or probably not for several months). Is anybody willing to sell a cable in/in the vicinity of Belgium (can also be in Netherlands, France, Luxemburg, Germany).

Hi Detal

I don't know how certain you are about the faulty cable, and I'm afraid I don't have one for you, but you may be interested to peruse this thread...

Thanks for replying Flitgun but I'm afraid it is really the cable. I've never had issues like these before and have always kept my drivers up to date and put set my settings to "prefer max performance".

I'm pretty sure its the cable since it is bent where the cable leaves the headstrap and I'm not only getting black screens but also artifacts or it sometimes only in one eye. This only happens when I move my head around (mainly when looking up) this makes dogfighting almost impossible unless I keep my head still, quickly looking back straight ahead seems to reset the screen but not al the time.

I've tried to see if the connector was loose and tried to keep it in place with some tape but that didn't resolve the problem. So after that I've I set my HMD on the table and covered the light sensor and proceeded to bend the cable at different points to see if this would cause the issue, and it did right at the bended part.

I've now resorted to try and solder it back together since I have no guarentee from oculus that they will ever put the cable in their store.

I was planning on upgrading to either a HP reverb or the pimax 8KX, but not until some reviews came in about eye-tracking and dynamic foveated rendering and if it would work in il2.

Also I've contacted oculus and this is what they send to me so I''m too hopeful.

Thanks for reaching out to us. I can look in to this for you.

I agree it sounds like a problem with the cable based on the troubleshooting you have completed.

Please allow us some time to investigate our options for you since you mentioned you are out of warranty.

We will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Yeah I've already read it that's why I'm not too hopeful, although one guy got a reply from oculus saying that will maybe sell it back on their website.